Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Killer Klownz from Outer Space

If anyone needed confirmation of this zone's location: An interstellar circus tent has landed on South Street. At this circus of fear, the joke's always on you.

Could HHN make me actually cry? i dont mean to sound like a cheesy dummy..... but..... are they going to recreate their spaceship?
is the zone inside the giant tent? whats going to go on in this zone?????????????????

Sorry, I was being lazy not looking at a map.

It seems this could possibly be a bayside zone, but luckily it seems to be just off the parade route, so we could be looking at some great sets. South street also runs down by F&F's entrance, I would love to see them use that space.
I don't know if Universal has renamed the street, but that street was/is known as the Embarcadero. I am aware that Google shows it as South St.

one cult classic down one to go
p42306_p_v8_aa.jpg

Early prediction that this or Vamp ‘85 will be zone of the year

Considering this is the reaction so far:

Could HHN make me actually cry? i dont mean to sound like a cheesy dummy..... but..... are they going to recreate their spaceship?
is the zone inside the giant tent? whats going to go on in this zone?????????????????

I bet it’ll let people down and initially be a “disappointment” but people will warm up to it and become a favorite. Vamp will be a hit day one and the sleeper zone will be Chucky. That’s what I’m betting.

On a normal day the parade goes down this street. They can possibly return to the original parade route and go off stage by Fast & Furious. If not then we probably won't have a gigantic tent spaceship

On a normal day the parade goes down this street. They can possibly return to the original parade route and go off stage by Fast & Furious. If not then we probably won't have a gigantic tent spaceship
Are you sure? I’m pretty sure the parade goes just past south street.

Also, it seems like there’s some doubt that this zone has scare potential. I think it all depends on the costumes and the cast. The problem with Invasion! last year was that most of the costumes were too bulky to really get in a good scare. This could be the case with Killer Klowns, but this can also be avoided with some smart costume design. The problem with TrT for me last year, is that the cast almost never went in for a scare, they played it very safe which paled in comparison to the zone directly next to them, the clownsaws. Those clowns were so agressive, they would run from bushes, sit next to guests on benches to blend in for a scare, chase guests through the zone, and all of these performances completely made up for the lack of sets or interesting costume design in the zone. Aiello seems to love this property so I can see him personally watching over the creation of the zone and making sure that it has a balance of scare potential and authenticity to the film. Like c’mon, who wouldn’t be terrified of these guys?
klowns-blu.jpg

Since we are supposed to have a tent (right??) this could affect the daytime parade-unless they put the tent on the street where Finnegan’s is??

I put some blue chicken scratch down to show The Purge truck’s route last year.

vLPakVk.jpeg

Since we are supposed to have a tent (right??) this could affect the daytime parade-unless they put the tent on the street where Finnegan’s is??

I put some blue chicken scratch down to show The Purge truck’s route last year.

vLPakVk.jpeg
Awe, shoot. I dont know the parade route as well as I thought I did. Alright, rant time...

WHY THE :x: ARE 4 OUT OF 5 ZONES ON THE PARADE ROUTE?? This is moronic, they can use:

The area in front of F&F
Area in front of MIB/Fear factor

And these next ones might have problems with messing up theming during the day, but I still think could work well:

KidZone
Springfield
London

When so many zones are put on the parade route, it ruins any opportunity for more permanent sets, therefore taking a toll on theming.