Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Depths of Fear

Is the scene where the infected jams his hand down another miner’s throat supposed to be a part played by a Brooder?? I thought I heard something about that in the plans.
I don’t know anything about the plans, but a miner doing it makes more sense. The creatures’ central goal is to lay eggs in their hosts, but other than that do they really do anything else? The miners going mad from the infection would make the brutality with whatever’s going on in the mouth scene make sense.

(Also, have you heard the gagging noises, implying that that horrifically mutilated victim is still alive?)

The dog has become such a popular topic that this guy was telling his mom about it behind me in line in relation to how many people don’t like the house. Pointed it out to the mom and she said she wouldn’t have even noticed it if not for that.

In other news, at least in Cast B’s first set, there was no stiltwalker Friday or Sunday night. The hallway is dark and has a regular infected miner in it instead. Can anyone confirm whether or not Cast A has him?

Oh, and has the diver with her wetsuit unzipped so her bra is out been there the whole time? “Get to the escape pod, I’ll cover you?”
Neither cast has a stilt anymore. It's unclear if there will be one going forward as the role is completely dependent on reserves now.

And yes, she's been there since Day 1.

Is there any video or picture of the stilt Brooder? I didn’t get to see it and I’m curious as to where and when he shows up.

0:35

1:05

Granted, I remember it feeling much better in person. Keep in mind that the overall soundtrack is loud, so it’s difficult to hear those stilt-clonking noises in person. It was picked up quite clearly on the videos, though.

Interesting to note: look at how he leans on the wall during the scare. Visibility issues must have required it, no doubt.

the scare can still work without the stilts. i just hope they dont fully remove the fish from that scene. if anything the stilt walk looked clumsy and dangerous.

Also in the second video you get to see the lady with the unzipped wetsuit. i never noticed her, but the unzipped wetsuit doesnt seem so bad. it didnt seem to opened in the vid. i dont know if a lot of people will notice.

Here's my report from the field, at least as far as this past weekend was concerned (spoiler tagging just in case):

The stilt walker was noticeably absent for the majority of our runs this weekend, however Saturday night, at the end of the night, he was there for the first and only time.

The ending "Waterfall" scene was never actually water this weekend, and according to the Unmasking guide, it is supposed to be a funneled fog effect. The floor is solid, indicating they have either permanently shut this down, or it never was actual water in the first place.

There was definitely at least one Brooder scare that was replaced and recast after the first rehearsal, as the costume could not fit out the opening. This is the scare right after the circular raised section with the red scuba guy, the woman with the harpoon gun.

Finally, not to beat a dead dog here, but apparently it was even more disturbing during employee preview, and they actually turned the effect off, but the management was quoted as saying they'll be damned if they turn the whimpering sounds off. (Also, the dog's name in the house is actually Helix, to confirm, and the dog playing him in the before photos is named Woody irl)

Here's my report from the field, at least as far as this past weekend was concerned (spoiler tagging just in case):

There was definitely at least one Brooder scare that was replaced and recast after the first rehearsal, as the costume could not fit out the opening. This is the scare right after the circular raised section with the red scuba guy, the woman with the harpoon gun.

Finally, not to beat a dead dog here, but apparently it was even more disturbing during employee preview, and they actually turned the effect off, but the management was quoted as saying they'll be damned if they turn the whimpering sounds off. (Also, the dog's name in the house is actually Helix, to confirm, and the dog playing him in the before photos is named Woody irl)

Wait a dang. So what you’re saying is that
the harpoon lady (titty lady I’ve been mentioning) was actually added last minute? I’ve thought that the gratuity wasn’t really thought out well but I wasn’t sure. Also, did they give any further details about what the original effect was supposed to be for Helix?

Wait a dang. So what you’re saying is that
the harpoon lady (titty lady I’ve been mentioning) was actually added last minute? I’ve thought that the gratuity wasn’t really thought out well but I wasn’t sure. Also, did they give any further details about what the original effect was supposed to be for Helix?
Can confirm without hesitation that that’s not the case. Was always there in that spot. There was no recasting or removal of Mouthbrooders at the time mentioned.

Can confirm without hesitation that that’s not the case. Was always there in that spot. There was no recasting or removal of Mouthbrooders at the time mentioned.
Hmmm. The mystery continues. I’m doing a UTH tour next weekend; I just hope I don’t get any misinformation like that. Can you speak for the water and dog effect comments?

What is the dog effect? I only did this house once and I think I missed it
Will add a picture when I have access to my computer. I got stuck at this scene because of someone somewhere not moving forward, and there was no Mouthbrooder scare in its usual spot and thus no one to bother, so I grabbed a few (flashless, of course) pictures.
A dog that can apparently be seen in crew group photos didn’t quite make it out of the escape pod doors in time. He’s half the man he used to be, but he’s still alive and vocal. It’s a bad time. It’s just a stuffed animal prop, essentially, so it doesn’t move, but it’s still pretty bad to look at. It’s near the end of the house.
Don’t worry, I only started looking once I heard all the controversy about it. I didn’t see it at first either.

The plot thickens; Katie (our guide) was pretty adamant about the change as she used it as a springboard into a factoid about the event evolving and sometimes roles being recast last minute. Maybe I misheard where the scare was taken out/moved to?

As for Helix,
employee preview night evidently he was a twitcher

GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Here's the clearest picture I could grab. Click it for the full size. Yikes.

edit: it looks like the image isn't working...? Does anyone know what's up with that? I think it was up earlier...

Last edited:
To my surprise, the stilt scare was present tonight. We went through the house around 7:30pm and were shocked to see it. We saw it on opening weekend then it never happened after for us

To my surprise, the stilt scare was present tonight. We went through the house around 7:30pm and were shocked to see it. We saw it on opening weekend then it never happened after for us
The stilt is around when they can find one. Since there aren’t stilts set aside for this house (both left), it’s just a random, whenever they get someone thing.