Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: HHN Icons: Captured

Hey folks! I have a friend that’s not familiar with the icons. Cound someone provide a link to the most robust icon readings?

My only main concern about this house is that I've noticed in recent years that the house in 24B will often be the #1 house or at least near the top at the beginning of the event, then about halfway through the intensity drops and it goes down to about a mid-tier house.

Sure it means nothing, but I find it strange that Icons has not been added to Haunted Houses on the website
Right? That's why I'm wondering where people have been getting the description that the house is a "Icons vs Icons" house from the site, despite there not being anything.

Hey folks! I have a friend that’s not familiar with the icons. Cound someone provide a link to the most robust icon readings?

My only main concern about this house is that I've noticed in recent years that the house in 24B will often be the #1 house or at least near the top at the beginning of the event, then about halfway through the intensity drops and it goes down to about a mid-tier house.
That has nothing to do with the house and more to do with the performers. That’s possible with any house.

That has nothing to do with the house and more to do with the performers. That’s possible with any house.
Good point.

Either way, still very excited for this. Right now it's probably tied with Captive Audience for my most anticipated, although I'm also waiting on the details for Wicked Growth and LT.

Right? That's why I'm wondering where people have been getting the description that the house is a "Icons vs Icons" house from the site, despite there not being anything.

On the site, one of the three descriptive bullet points says:

Who’s the most evil of them all? Depending when you visit a different Icon will reign supreme.

This, to me, would imply competition, though I know that it’s more likely that they will choose whomever they have extra of for the final scene. Sounds like a barker position at the finale, perhaps they’ll choose the media performer for whatever character they have at this position.

Are the character designs going to be revamped for the house, or will it showcase their classic looks. This is more geared toward Chance and Jack as they've had updates to their costumes over the years.

For those that have gone: Aside from the base lore of each icon and the idea of the Fear lantern, is there anything else that one needs to know before headed in to make sense of the maze?

For those that have gone: Aside from the base lore of each icon and the idea of the Fear lantern, is there anything else that one needs to know before headed in to make sense of the maze?
Honestly you don't even need to know that much. Just watch the old ads and have a basic understanding of the icons and you're set.

This makes sense. They can make it open-ended, and (like multi-ending video games) they can course correct with the "canon" ending when/if they decide on the most intriguing sequel route in another 5/10 years.

Great house. And so the story is they've all been captured and decided to make best of the situation by having a Hell of Fame contest, correcr?