HHN 30: HHN Icons: Captured | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: HHN Icons: Captured

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no idea if this is canon, but my unmasking the horror guide, Kendra, told our group the house is a reimagining of the lantern and the role of Fear. The lantern is a portal to different hell dimensions in which each Icon reigns supreme, all being equal. Each Icon is supposed to be represented in their "happy place". I saw a couple of versions of Jack on the throne and also my soul mate The Usher.

I have no idea if this is canon, but my unmasking the horror guide, Kendra, told our group the house is a reimagining of the lantern and the role of Fear. The lantern is a portal to different hell dimensions in which each Icon reigns supreme, all being equal. Each Icon is supposed to be represented in their "happy place". I saw a couple of versions of Jack on the throne and also my soul mate The Usher.
That is canon to the house, yes.

I was lucky enough to go do this house three times last night. While the 2nd time was during a cast change I didn’t get many scares, however, I did get to see TWO icons on the throne!! Usher as I entered the room and Director as I left.

I was lucky enough to go do this house three times last night. While the 2nd time was during a cast change I didn’t get many scares, however, I did get to see TWO icons on the throne!! Usher as I entered the room and Director as I left.
I’ve never been through a cast change (at least when it was obvious enough for me to notice) but was there any interaction or anything between the two or was it just like “clocking in clocking out?”

I’ve never been through a cast change (at least when it was obvious enough for me to notice) but was there any interaction or anything between the two or was it just like “clocking in clocking out?”
I also got to see one but no, one walks out the door and the other comes in

It’s only them walking out and a new one walking in. All interactions happen backstage where we can’t see. You get less scares but that’s doesn’t necessarily mean a cast change. My friend thought it was them calling it a night as it was about 1:40 but when we saw Usher get up and leave and Director come out we knew it was a cast change.

Last edited:
Reactions: londonwerecat

the change is quick to keep the pace.

i realized why i dislike this house so much today, this house doesnt really have "rooms", it just has decorated hallways, i had not noticed before how every "room" is just a narrow hallway decorated to each icon... that plus the heavy vinyl usage.... yikes ! :yuck:

i realized why i dislike this house so much today, this house doesnt really have "rooms", it just has decorated hallways, i had not noticed before how every "room" is just a narrow hallway decorated to each icon... that plus the heavy vinyl usage.... yikes ! :yuck:
Yeah if a house doesn't have good suspension it might be a little shaky.
It’s one of my favorite houses!! Might not be the scariest but it’s fun and beautiful!!

Surprise, that’s most houses.
Icons feels especially lifeless though, each scene is a little diorama with very little in terms of building suspension or trying to hide the scares

yeah I know that technically all houses are hallways, but for example, texas chainsaw and legendary truth added so much more to each scene, puppet theater and tooth fairy blows icons out of the water in how they decorated it.
parts of tooth fairy and hill house feel like a real house or a museum, extremely well done,
icons, they tried to recreate their scenes, but from scene to scene in icons it feels like it's just regular narrow walls with not much to it. and their scenes are kinda minimalistic and lacking in detail. it's just weird, icons might be the most minimalistic house of the event in terms of details or props. I understand the icons live in the lantern, but even welcome to Carey had more detail to it.
I could see the house being more intense without the vinyl but even if you took the vinyl out, the house is still missing detail.

I think it might be the most narrow house I ever seen. is not an exaggeration, is really really narrow

It’s one of my favorite houses!! Might not be the scariest but it’s fun and beautiful!!
Definitely fun, it's a blast to see all the Icons in one house, but I agree with Lucky Planet, the scenes aren't particularly detailed. The best section is ScreamHouse, but some areas like Director, Lady Luck, and Jack are all in "generic scary place" with light theming. I was just expecting something a little more grand for what should be the headliner attraction.

Definitely fun, it's a blast to see all the Icons in one house, but I agree with Lucky Planet, the scenes aren't particularly detailed. The best section is ScreamHouse, but some areas like Director, Lady Luck, and Jack are all in "generic scary place" with light theming. I was just expecting something a little more grand for what should be the headliner attraction.
Kinda off topic here so sorry mods but that’s just it, it should be the headliner, but it’s not. The headliner are the IPs(BJ, HoHH, UM, and TCM). Since that’s what draws the crowds. When I was in line for ICONS I overheard some people who had mostly no idea who they were but they knew the IPs. So A&D and Marketing don’t put any more effort into the icons(with the exception of Jack). We are lucky we even got a house and merch with them this year. Maybe that why I like this house. @Legacy will correct me on all this.