Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: HHN Icons: Captured

Didn't Chance literally say that they broke up during 26?
The Beatles broke up, too. :lol:
I know there is an argument here, but I can not see Chance and Jack not being together.
I'll leave it there.

so I will accept the explanation that they aren't dating or anything, I understand

but there have been times when Chance talks about Jack in a semi romantic way, I swear I remember Chance speaking about Jack in a lovable way. at least from Chance point of view, isn't she like totally into Jack? and is not speculation or wishful thinking either,
I vaguely remember Chance always loving Jack. or talking like if she liked him. I'm sure there has to be a part of a show or an ad or something where Chance says something.

i think chance sat on Jack's lap in the icon zone years ago or something? there has definitely been times when they act flirty even if it was the zone or something, I swear I remember lol

Last edited:
People are trying to will the Jack and Chance thing so they can do couples costumes or satiate a weird fantasy. There I said it.

i think chance sat on Jack's lap in the hhn 25 zone or something? there has definitely been times when they act flirty even if it was the zone or something, I swear I remember lo

No zones in 25 had Jack or Chance in it. This could have been looked up.

Chance served as Jack’s second in 2010. There are a couple of fan photos of the Chance performer sitting in the Jack performer’s lap. They were also good friends off stage.

As a character, Chance consistently acts flirtatious/innocent/naive as a method to disarm victims.

Neither of those things mean they’re canonically in a relationship.

People are trying to will the Jack and Chance thing so they can do couples costumes or satiate a weird fantasy. There I said it.

No zones in 25 had Jack or Chance in it. This could have been looked up.

1qviHKY.jpg

it bothered me a lot that jack had basically 4 throne appearances per night, (2 for clown jack, 2 for ringmaster) if I'm not mistaken, and usher and director had 2 per night?
but Chance only had one time slot. which I never got to see. that was the much jack.... I wanted to see what Chance did. never saw her. even jack had 3 appearances in the rest of the house, that was way too much.
I'm sure there are diehards in the A&D team, but proper Icon representation is the least of their worries. Especially for what we can assume is going to be the last time we see them for a while. Jack is the main guy to a lot of people and that's who they want to see.

Chance served as Jack’s second in 2010. There are a couple of fan photos of the Chance performer sitting in the Jack performer’s lap. They were also good friends off stage.

As a character, Chance consistently acts flirtatious/innocent/naive as a method to disarm victims.

Neither of those things mean they’re canonically in a relationship.

yes but the chance/ jack wedding has been joked about and brought up for 10 years at least.
even as a joke is constantly referenced for a decade. so it isn't some weird erotic fan fiction from superfans lol.

if universal didn't want them to appear assume kind of couple they should have made them rivals or enemies or something. it could have been made more clear.
I don't think people thinking that jack/ Chance being a couple is some weird fetish. like someone else said, it reminds u of joker/harley

Well, we got Bone in 27, but marketing basically rebuffed it. The reason we haven't gotten any official icons since Chance imo is that Chance bombed as an icon. Had she been a hit with merchandising, etc, things may have been different with Bone in 27. Of course that was the first year of Stranger Things, so maybe not.

We all know Bones doesn’t count! Also, what do you mean 27 was the first year of ST? 27’s headliner was AHS. 28 started ST.

We all know Bones doesn’t count! Also, what do you mean 27 was the first year of ST? 27’s headliner was AHS. 28 started ST.
Bone will always count to me! :lol: But yeah, I got mixed up thinking ST was around for 3 years instead of two and they did a house for every season instead of a S1 house in 2018 and then a S2 & S3 house mashup in 2019.

Bone will always count to me! :lol: But yeah, I got mixed up thinking the event was around for 3 years instead of two and they did a house for every season instead of a S1 house in 2018 and then a S2 & S3 house mashup in 2019.
It was fun to work that year since it did feel like there was a loose icon with Bones. I’d say 29 also had a loose theme of an evil 80’s arcade, which they really could have tied into a Polyibius-inspired story featuring an icon - The Creator (or Game Master!)

Bone will always count to me! :lol: But yeah, I got mixed up thinking ST was around for 3 years instead of two and they did a house for every season instead of a S1 house in 2018 and then a S2 & S3 house mashup in 2019.

while I like Chance, I didn't like how the design for her merch that year had the lower jaw and lower lip cut out from the design, it looked weird, (plus the missing eye) I just wanted regular Chance in the merch, even if it was a drawing version. the design they picked was awkward for me. I wonder if a different design might have sold more

YKwRQTm.jpg

Maybe I'm the discordant note, but as a fan of the event and the icons this house was a treat, pure fan service. True, the plastic separating the actors from the guests made the experience worse than it would have been without it, but I loved it. I was able to walk through it six times, two of them with Jack on the throne and one of Usher who was the two I mostly wanted to see sitting there.
And here comes the point. I for one would love to see the icons return, especially Jack and The Usher, but after HHN Icons: Captured I loved them all so I would be thrilled to see them again and hope to one day. Of course I'd also like to see new icons, but the old ones are.... ♥

while I like Chance, I didn't like how the design for her merch that year had the lower jaw and lower lip cut out from the design, it looked weird, (plus the missing eye) I just wanted regular Chance in the merch, even if it was a drawing version. the design they picked was awkward for me. I wonder if a different design might have sold more

YKwRQTm.jpg

I loved that aesthetic and wished they leaned more into that during the event. Oh well different strokes

I mean Jack and Chance did kiss on the last show in 25…

When the man who did that and also had some say in the direction Jack goes says there’s nothing there, then there’s nothing there.

I really don’t get the fascination with shipping icons. They’re other worldly and eternal monsters, as far as I’m concerned they are no longer human or share human desires. Instead they stand for other concepts such as chaos or lore.