HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've met some people in the stay and scream locations and gone with them before when I am solo. Chances are people you talk waiting also have a plan to get a lot done.

so true HHN fans are great. met many over the years and hung out . good times
I was feeling a little anxious about it but I am really looking forward to it now.
I'll be there next week see you in the fog.

Reactions: n i c k
I was feeling a little anxious about it but I am really looking forward to it now.
Be there next Thursday in the Finnegan's zone with a giant tan hat on.

Reactions: traveller
any tips on going solo? I was going with 2 other friends but that is not going to happen. already have hotel ,My favorite RPR.
plane tickets. Now it looks like I'm going by myself. I've done the parks solo a few times but never HHN. been going since 2003
I will have express, so I don't spend a long time in lines , that seems boring with no one to talk with. anyone done this and was it
still exciting ? thanks
a few ideas if you end up alone: bring some headphones to listen to music or podcasts, or try talking to people in the line, or download programs to text with people online ( i wonder if theres a hhn chat group online) or download some fun games,
i've been going solo for 14 years with frequent fear since my friends only go once lol. your phone is your friend

Reactions: n i c k
I’m doing an RIP tour on Saturday for the first time. Has anyone done one before? What private bars do they bring you to? And if I check in at 6:30, any idea how long I’ll have at the end of the night for the unlimited express access? Hoping to hit the best houses numerous times

I’m doing an RIP tour on Saturday for the first time. Has anyone done one before? What private bars do they bring you to? And if I check in at 6:30, any idea how long I’ll have at the end of the night for the unlimited express access? Hoping to hit the best houses numerous times

I’ve done it once but haven’t yet done it this year. When I went before you did not have unlimited express access to the houses, only once with the group (unless you have a private group then it may be different.) I’m also curious to hear everyone’s experience this year.

Hi! We did our first ever RIP tour during HHN 29. The private bars were Lombards and above the Jimmy Fallon ride. Our guide did take us back to La Bomba's before the food was put up for the night and we hit the bar inside, too. You should have plenty of time to go back and do your favorite houses with your 6:30 reservation. I think our tour started at 8:30 and we had over an hour left to use express. The tour finished near the front of the park. We ran through Ghostbusters and I dont remember the other house.

While I'll have to wait and see in the coming weeks to see if there's particular changes in wait times, I think using the NY Stay and Scream would be more beneficial for those wanting to hit up a good chunk of houses before things start getting slammed. This is also factoring in avoiding the three tent houses during the day due to light leakage, and you can easily hit up the entire back half of the park within the last hour or so in this order. MiB, both Sprung tents, Beetlejuice and Hill House. This way you can take a more relaxed pace through the parade warehouse hike.

Does the late night Express always happen/how much is it typically?
Half the going rate for the day. Not sure if I remember this correctly, but I think it goes on sale three hours before closing time, which is a bit of a bummer since years past have had more midnight and 1am closings.

Also, another solo tip is to marvel at all the people waiting in line who are playing Heads Up! I swear it must have been out for a decade and is still the time killer of choice for HHN standby lines.

As said earlier Lombards and above jimmy fallon. They also have two bars where you check in and some scare actors to take photos with. I think you’ll have about 3 hours after the tour but it could get delayed for whatever reason. I’d ride some rides till the last hours then hit whatever houses you enjoyed most. Hope you enjoy it!

I haven't seen RIP tours thread created.... Never done one before and thinking of doing one this year. Do the tours (private/non-private) still seem on par with previous years? Any thoughts or comments on them and private vs non-private? Only thinking of doing such a splurge because I am getting married at RPR and having some friends go to HHN on Saturday 10/23 and this will be basically everyone's first and potentially only HHN ever so might as well do it right especially on what should be one of THE busiest nights of HHN of the event

Last edited:
Sorry to be "that guy" as I'm sure it's already been answered, but at the stay and scream locations the normal ones. "Finnegans/Simspons/Hello Kitty"?

Thanks...

Sorry to be "that guy" as I'm sure it's already been answered, but at the stay and scream locations the normal ones. "Finnegans/Simspons/Hello Kitty"?

Thanks...

No, but things do change. Last weekend you entered the Marathon of Mayhem entrance and followed signs for Beetlejuice/Hill House or the tents. Then there was another in New York for the sound stages.

Reactions: jrn14
No, but things do change. Last weekend you entered the Marathon of Mayhem entrance and followed signs for Beetlejuice/Hill House or the tents. Then there was another in New York for the sound stages.

Thanks! Sorry been way out of the loop this year. Are fast food boulevard and duff gardens still open?

Thanks! Sorry been way out of the loop this year. Are fast food boulevard and duff gardens still open?
I'm glad you asked because I haven't seen any big write ups on how S&S is working. I know that there are separate lines for BJ and Hill House, but are those people allowed to go into Springfield after the park is cleared or do they have to stay in the Marathon area? Seems like there have been a couple of logistical changes and I'm curious too.

I'm glad you asked because I haven't seen any big write ups on how S&S is working. I know that there are separate lines for BJ and Hill House, but are those people allowed to go into Springfield after the park is cleared or do they have to stay in the Marathon area? Seems like there have been a couple of logistical changes and I'm curious too.

I only did S&S once, but when I entered there were two lines: one that went into Central Park and was for BJ and Hill and one that hugged the lagoon and went into Simpsons for the tents. Only the Simpsons area had access to FFB and Duff. Again, this could change, ask Team Members at the entrance.

Last edited by a moderator: