HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Definitely feels different in terms of crowds thus far. I came in at 10:30pm on Saturday and got 8 houses done without express at a leisurely pace (could have easily done all 10 with a more focused approach).

Reactions: SeventyOne
I haven't seen RIP tours thread created.... Never done one before and thinking of doing one this year. Do the tours (private/non-private) still seem on par with previous years? Any thoughts or comments on them and private vs non-private? Only thinking of doing such a splurge because I am getting married at RPR and having some friends go to HHN on Saturday 10/23 and this will be basically everyone's first and potentially only HHN ever so might as well do it right especially on what should be one of THE busiest nights of HHN of the event
The tours are always the same, the only things that change are the offerings. With a non-private you're going to see all 10 houses once, 5 scarezones, and the show with a bar stop or two in between. Those groups don't go any bigger than 12 people and you're going to be put with randoms. The private offers you much more flexibility with ride access and you're able to redo houses as well. If you just wanted to do Icons 5 times and skip the show you can. Depending on the size of your group, I would recommend a private as the cost is for up to 10 people, which can be split up amongst your group!

EDIT: whoops, just saw everyones else's comments

Reactions: Rikku
Has anyone used the hotel guest entrance near BMG but arrived at opening? I saw Kyle from VFTCC used it and it appeared they let them in at 545 when S&S released but the main gates hadn't been open yet. Can any1 confirm?

Wondering this as well as I will be there this weekend (staying onsite at Cabana Bay). I recall getting in a little earlier than the front gate in 2019 so hopefully that is still the case.

Wondering this as well as I will be there this weekend (staying onsite at Cabana Bay). I recall getting in a little earlier than the front gate in 2019 so hopefully that is still the case.

You get released the same time as the front gates after the opening scaremony. The only advantage you have is that your tickets are pre-scanned and are closer to the soundstages.

This is our second “full hhn” and we are booked Oct 6-10th (bad week I know but only weekend we could get kid coverage). As it stands we have express on the 7th and 8th, but my wife is intrigued my a RIP Tour. Is a RIP Tour a better use of funds than two nights of express? Also for some reason I thought I heard there was somewhere that you could browse private groups that had openings for Private RIP tours? Is that my imagination?

Alright guys, tomorrow’s the big day. What’s the house plan this year? Which one should I hit up first, and which food should I try?

This is our second “full hhn” and we are booked Oct 6-10th (bad week I know but only weekend we could get kid coverage). As it stands we have express on the 7th and 8th, but my wife is intrigued my a RIP Tour. Is a RIP Tour a better use of funds than two nights of express? Also for some reason I thought I heard there was somewhere that you could browse private groups that had openings for Private RIP tours? Is that my imagination?
IMO express is better as you have more free will and you SHOULD get to see everything in one night this year let alone two and maybe get to relax in a SZ or do a house again. While the RIP tour you will get to see everything in one night but your with a group and tour guide so you got to go at there pace. There is an option to do a private tour but you will still be with a tour guide and it cost a lot more. I’ve been going to HHN since 2013 and never did a RIP tour and got express and never had any issues(due to express). Hope this helps. If anyone knows anything else please feel free to add as I never done it.

Alright guys, tomorrow’s the big day. What’s the house plan this year? Which one should I hit up first, and which food should I try?
Id recommend the Simpsons stay n scream if you can. You go thru Scarey first and get get those tents done with minimal wait. If not, at opening I’d hit up all the ones in the back anyway. Yeah there’s a bit of light bleed, but wearing a pair of sunglasses mitigates that a lot. Wicked growth is something you should try to do multiple times it is that good. I also really liked Hill House but I’m a huuuge fan of that show. I actually loved beetlejuice. I watched that movie *a ton* when it played on Comedy Central almost on repeat so it kind of holds a special place in my youth.

For food; the turkey gyoza, jalapeño popper stuffed grilled cheese and the slider were standouts for me. I know IU wasn’t much of a fan of the slider due to the glaze, but I’m a also a big bourbon fan and felt it added a good smokiness along with the sweet and salty. I also really liked the tea drink and I’m not a tea drinker. Dufftoberfest for life.

Two nights of express allows you to get into each house once for two nights

A regular RIP Tour guarantees you get through each house once for one night

A Private RIP Tour allows you to set the schedule so if you want to walk through Beetlejuice 3 times in a row, you can. If you were to join up with someone else's group, I am not sure how the dynamics would work (say you liked movie houses, but they preferred originals, when to eat, going on rides vs in houses, etc)

It's all down to your choice and preference, really

Me, personally, I would go with the express or my own Private RIP Tour filled with friends over a regular RIP Tour or someone else's Private RIP Tour

Super packed tonight so far. If you want to see Nightmare Fuel, I would recommend probably going earlier than later

10:15pm on a Thursday and 6/10 houses are an hour or longer wait (according to the Universal app). Gonna be a busy year for sure. Might have to pull the trigger on express one of my nights next week..

In my opinion this year is so amazing! Went on opening weekend and already have booked two more trips. I don’t livefar at all but far enough that I need a hotel. I almost did all houses on opening night but I also did stay and scream. If y’all haven’t gone yet it really is worth every dime. The grilled cheese is so good!

Reactions: rinacee
10:15pm on a Thursday and 6/10 houses are an hour or longer wait (according to the Universal app). Gonna be a busy year for sure. Might have to pull the trigger on express one of my nights next week..

Yeah we came for Springfield stay and scream and have only done 4 houses and Nightmare Fuel as of 10:30.

People wanted HHN back for sure and are willing to pay a lot of money for it...