HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apologies if these have been answered/addresses elsewhere as I'm trying to avoid spoilers so avoiding most threads.

1. Is Finnegan's fully open and serving food as part of the Delancey St stay & scream?
  2. HHN365 Podcast said something about Monsters Cafe being open as a lunch/break spot exclusively for the 6 house UTH tours, can anybody elaborate on what this is? Anything special about the option? Usually they kick you out of the park for lunch, so is this just an option so you don't have to leave or is it something cool?
  3. Lastly, has it been fully/officially cleared up that if you show up to the event at say, 8pm when it has reached capacity/sold out, if you have a Frequent Fear pass can you still enter without having to wait for others to leave the park?
Thanks in advance for any answers/clarifications!

Is Finnegan's fully open and serving food as part of the Delancey St stay & scream?

Yes, in terms of seated tables. Bar works like a walk-up stand, no loitering.

Lastly, has it been fully/officially cleared up that if you show up to the event at say, 8pm when it has reached capacity/sold out, if you have a Frequent Fear pass can you still enter without having to wait for others to leave the park?

Universal statement was pretty clear, but it didn't seem like the park came close to this either night to confirm in real time. Based on that, I think we have to assume their capacity is based on every multi-night ticker holder showing up.

Reactions: Neo
but it didn't seem like the park came close to this either night to confirm in real time.
I'm definitely curious as to what's going on with that and if it continues throughout the event. From what I was told, they only reached 30k guests on opening night when they can go upwards of 45k or so on the busiest of HHN nights in previous years. I don't know if they brought back some form of limited capacity for HHN, if FFP are being factored in differently this year, etc, but something is definitely different. I wouldn't be upset if this is where the crowds peaked for the year though :lol:

1. HHN365 Podcast said something about Monsters Cafe being open as a lunch/break spot exclusively for the 6 house UTH tours, can anybody elaborate on what this is? Anything special about the option? Usually they kick you out of the park for lunch, so is this just an option so you don't have to leave or is it something cool?

It's just used as the break spot for lunch during UTH, nothing special going on inside.

Reactions: Neo
I'm definitely curious as to what's going on with that and if it continues throughout the event. From what I was told, they only reached 30k guests on opening night when they can go upwards of 45k or so on the busiest of HHN nights in previous years. I don't know if they brought back some form of limited capacity for HHN, if FFP are being factored in differently this year, etc, but something is definitely different. I wouldn't be upset if this is where the crowds peaked for the year though :lol:

My best guess? They came up with a number of guests where they hit “diminishing returns” where the amount of profit per additional guest starts going down, and made that their slightly reduced capacity, at least temporarily.

As for why? They’re probably still struggling on hiring and getting fully staffed. So, they didn’t want to overwhelm any food or house operations, and give guests a bad experience...especially on opening weekend when all the vlogers and podcasters are there for their reviews.

Reactions: Bort
I haven't seen RIP tours thread created.... Never done one before and thinking of doing one this year. Do the tours (private/non-private) still seem on par with previous years? Any thoughts or comments on them and private vs non-private? Only thinking of doing such a splurge because I am getting married at RPR and having some friends go to HHN on Saturday 10/23 and this will be basically everyone's first and potentially only HHN ever so might as well do it right especially on what should be one of THE busiest nights of HHN of the event
I’d recommend the private tour if you have a large group going with you. You can decide which houses you want to do and if you rlly want you can repeat the same houses back to back all night. I’m pretty sure you also get to decide when the tour leaves but that’s it as far as I know. You might get express for the houses after the tour ends, as it’s not included with regular rip.

Reactions: Rikku
I’d recommend the private tour if you have a large group going with you. You can decide which houses you want to do and if you rlly want you can repeat the same houses back to back all night. I’m pretty sure you also get to decide when the tour leaves but that’s it as far as I know. You might get express for the houses after the tour ends, as it’s not included with regular rip.

Regular RIP gets unlimited express the rest of the night after the tour I believe

The first night it rained which probably made some locals not come. The 2nd night was very busy. I'm sure it was an optics thing that PR didn't want to deal with.

As for why? They’re probably still struggling on hiring and getting fully staffed. So, they didn’t want to overwhelm any food or house operations, and give guests a bad experience...especially on opening weekend when all the vlogers and podcasters are there for their reviews.

The event was astonishingly well staffed, no obnoxious long lines for anything... except for Twisted Taters which I'm sure had to do with it's prime location.

The event was astonishingly well staffed, no obnoxious long lines for anything... except for Twisted Taters which I'm sure had to do with it's prime location.
[/QUOTE]

The pizza fries line was also pretty long waited around 40+ minutes but it was so worth it

So I've got a first-time question.

Just snagged the 3-house UTH tour (was thinking of doing the 6, but I literally waited just a moment too late and that sold out.), and since I've never done that nor any VIP tour, where do I check in?

Just snagged the 3-house UTH tour (was thinking of doing the 6, but I literally waited just a moment too late and that sold out.), and since I've never done that nor any VIP tour, where do I check in?
That information should come with your confirmation email when they send out your final house lineup and "We are happy to welcome you" thing

Reactions: Tobias
Many thanks, it's for the 24th so that'll probably come closer to the date.
Yeah, they seem to be sending them out closer to the time of the tour.

The past two locations I have been at are the BMG theater and the main VIP tour building.

Someone else can probably tell you where they are doing check in this year for certain, but either way it will be in that email when you receive

Has anyone used the hotel guest entrance near BMG but arrived at opening? I saw Kyle from VFTCC used it and it appeared they let them in at 545 when S&S released but the main gates hadn't been open yet. Can any1 confirm?

Mine was blue man group this past weekend!

Unfortunately I waited a day or two too late. All the private RIP tours on 10/23 already sold out and the guy on the phone said that they even "oversold" private tours that night. But thankfully he was able to squeeze a group of 8 into a non-private tour that night, nice guy, understand the rules but really didn't want to chance 2 people being a separate....although if I have more attendees has anyone actually had any issues requesting separate purchases being on the same tour (if the count is under 12 of course) but I think 8 is all I will have but just curious. Thanks!

Also with the first two nights sold out, it didn't seem like any lines reached the usual absurd wait times we normally expect. Do we think this was due to rain or do we think that is what sold out nights will look like this year?

Last edited:

Keep checking and/or call and see if they'll let you book one of the "sold out" ones. They seem to keep on adding tours each day there is demand (it's just free money for them). I think I already told this story in a different thread, but one year I booked a tour months in advance and the night before, my friend decided he wanted to tag along. We went to the VIP experience the morning of the tour and talked to the "door person" asking if there was any way he could join and they said sure, just go buy a ticket at the kiosk for any other day (EDIT - I think we were doing a Monday so it was one of the cheapest days), come back, and they'd accept it. Within 5min of asking, we were both inside waiting upstairs for the tour to start. :)

Reactions: Rikku