HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thursday night felt busier than last weekend all around. Even rolling up around 7:30, parking was a cluster -- spent 5 minutes in a dead stop as soon as I drove thru the toll booth. The crowds in the streets and queue wait times were notably worse than the "sold out" nights, every F&B point of sale down to the beer carts had at least a 15-person line all night. I hear it was one of the few nights TMs can still attend with guests, and the crowd reflected that. Lot of parents with tweens, but a lot of college-age kids enjoying illicit substances as well. Security feels non-existent this year, to a point they probably should just confiscate vape pens in the Rotunda. Tons openly being used in line, some with tobacco, some not.

My current theory isn't that tickets were oversold opening weekend, but Express was. They've reconfigured a couple of the Express lanes to greatly increase capacity--Wicked Growth, in particular, now stretches all the way past MiB to the service road and back again, in addition to the Express queue they used opening weekend. (S)Carey now goes all the way to the back of the house, before coming back up. That said, Express worked well last night, generally 10 minutes or less, just with a lot of extra walking.

Random thing: all weekend, Duff Gardens bartenders yelled at patrons not to line up, and to just order somewhere around the bar. Last night, back to a single line, stretching across the walkway. Of course, no signage either time to announce the change. It feels like that typifies an event trying to handle a larger than expected crowd with less staff than anticipated.

Does anyone know if you are able to be dropped off by a bus at Valet if you do in fact have access to Valet? We asked when we booked and they had no idea.

We're doing our private RIP tour and decided to all ride together, but I really don't want to go through security in the rotunda. I know what I would normally do and have suggested but since there's so many of us that may feel awkward.... but not awkward enough to go into the rotunda

Does anyone know if you are able to be dropped off by a bus at Valet if you do in fact have access to Valet? We asked when we booked and they had no idea.

We're doing our private RIP tour and decided to all ride together, but I really don't want to go through security in the rotunda. I know what I would normally do and have suggested but since there's so many of us that may feel awkward.... but not awkward enough to go into the rotunda

They discourage using valet as a drop-off.

Reactions: MrRoamer
One thing I've noticed so far, and correct me if I'm wrong, is an overall lack of licensed music throughout the park. I could just be missing it and it's not a deal breaker or anything. Just an observation

One thing I've noticed so far, and correct me if I'm wrong, is an overall lack of licensed music throughout the park. I could just be missing it and it's not a deal breaker or anything. Just an observation
Well there’s not many IPs this year. TCM, UM(not really an IP worth any music), BJ(already used), and HoHH.

Today was the most productive start to an HHN night ever for me. I finished all 10 houses just in time to see the 8:00 Nightmare Fuel. Used Express at two houses at the front of the park, the rest were pretty much walkon.
My husband and I also had a super productive night at the event last night. Thursday we stayed from Stay and Scream until about midnight and got 6 houses done without express. We dragged a little more than usual since we did the 6-house UTH tour that day.
But last night on Friday?! Without express we did NY S&S and got four done before park open (TCM, Bride, Icons, Tooth Fairy) and managed to knock out the other 6 by 11 pm. We could have done the shows if we really wanted, but we were exhausted and felt satisfied getting all 10 done. The NY S&S area really allowed us to get a lot out of the head start before everyone else is let in.

Reactions: DestinationDoug
Sorry another question in regards to the non-private HHN tour, since that is the current plan because private tour on 10/23 is currently sold out and put on a waiting list. I have some newbies with me that night and they want some liquid courage, granted I know we can drink before and etc but during the tour how do beverage refills/breaks work? I know there is scheduled one for like 30 minutes in the middle right? And there is the private cash bar but....???? Thanks!

I tried searching and found some S&S House opening times--
Scarey is 5:45
Wicked Growth & Puppet 6:00?
Hill House & Beetlejuice ?

TCM & Bride 5:45?
Tooth Fairy & Icons 6:00?

Can anyone verify? I'm only going once this year and trying to optimize my time. :)

Can anyone verify? I'm only going once this year and trying to optimize my time. :)

That's roughly what I saw opening weekend with the tents. Can't confirm Hill or Beetlejuice quite yet.

That's roughly what I saw opening weekend with the tents. Can't confirm Hill or Beetlejuice quite yet.
Thanks for verifying the tents!

I want to hop in line for Hill or Beetlejuice first, but not if I can do the other 2 or 3 in the time it would take to wait for Hill & BJ to open.

Beetlejuice (and I assume Hill House) opened at 5:45 as well. Last night I was first in the regular line, and was all set to be the first person in the house, but some Express people showed up right before they let us through, and they got in first.

Reactions: ArtificialWit
Beetlejuice (and I assume Hill House) opened at 5:45 as well. Last night I was first in the regular line, and was all set to be the first person in the house, but some Express people showed up right before they let us through, and they got in first.
Yeah I was second in line and was not happy about that. I believe we talked about it in line for Hill House right afterwards