Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

Very crazy. I work at one and look forward to It every year and noticed my store didn’t have anything which to me was very strange, so I asked.
yeah, seeing the display was like the beginning of hhn season, a nice reminder
is it selling out so much that they dont need publix?

yeah, seeing the display was like the beginning of hhn season, a nice reminder
is it selling out so much that they dont need publix?
Probably has something to do with that and capacity now that I think about it. Another thing to thank COVID for lol!:grin:

What’s the scariest and least scariest house this year in everyone’s opinion?

The Scare Rankings based off of Opening Weekend!
  1. The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin
  2. The Haunting of Hill House
  3. Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth
  4. Puppet Theatre: Captive Audience
  5. Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives
  6. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (note this house might jump up the list if you are afraid of sparks and chainsaws)
  7. HHN Icons: Captured
  8. Welcome to Scarey: Horror in the Heartland
  9. Revenge of the Tooth Fairy
  10. Beetlejuice

A big thing to note though is that this could change. Actors could lose or gain energy over time. However, I think 1 and 10 are staying at there spots.

Beetlejuice (and I assume Hill House) opened at 5:45 as well. Last night I was first in the regular line, and was all set to be the first person in the house, but some Express people showed up right before they let us through, and they got in first.
SMH

Why do people with Express use it immediately? The same strategies to maximize houses applies to the Express people as well, and you can still use Express later in the night for a second run...

SMH

Why do people with Express use it immediately? The same strategies to maximize houses applies to the Express people as well, and you can still use Express later in the night for a second run...

If you only have limited time, then it would make sense to use it from the start. I’ve also been tempted to use Express very early to try and be the first one in a house, but I just can’t do it. Feels like a waste for me since I’m coming down to spend entire nights at the event.

SMH

Some don’t understand how it works

Some only have a limited amount of time in their evening

Some just don’t want to wait at all

Whatever the reason, it is their express to use as they see fit

SMH

lol sometimes i feel an air of bragging and being first in their eyes
I never forgot when a family used express as soon as the park opened, and the mom and dad had the biggest smile lol. regular line was like 10 minutes
but this family looked so happy to just walk in so fast. smile from ear to ear.
that happened years ago and I never forgot. because I had the same opinion as you. why waste it

but some people might be happy to not wait even 5 minutes

SMH

While folks have already mentioned a plethora of reasons, a friend and I did this once in 28 for Stranger Things. That year we were there for just one night, and we knew ST was gonna' have a monster line the entire night. We were also in the back of the holding pen at Stay and Scream. Since we wanted to make sure we were gonna' hit all the houses with no problem on Saturday, waiting in that main line was not gonna' be an option.

Finally had a solid, very efficient night of runs. I was able to run through 6 houses in exactly two hours. Definitely feels like starting at Hill House or BJ with S&S is the way to go. My timing/route for tonight with the time I exited each house (no express):

Hill House - 5:57
Wicked - 6:19
Puppet - 6:30
Scarey - 6:37
Texas - 7:07
Icons - 7:57

Finally had a solid, very efficient night of runs. I was able to run through 6 houses in exactly two hours. Definitely feels like starting at Hill House or BJ with S&S is the way to go. My timing/route for tonight with the time I exited each house (no express):

Hill House - 5:57
Wicked - 6:19
Puppet - 6:30
Scarey - 6:37
Texas - 7:07
Icons - 7:57
Question on this: was there a line for Wicked when you entered, or were you just waiting for the house to open?