HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So great news for me(U could probably care less lol) but I originally wasn’t going to go but I just found out I can!! Already bought a FFP+ and ready to go!!!

Congrats! Make sure to do Wicked Growth at night for your first run through that house. It’s an incredible experience.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Yes, with BJ and Hill House having long lines all night that’s where I suggest you go. After that hit up the houses in the back as they will have short lines. Once done see a show, enjoy scare zones, rest, then hit the front houses during the last 60-90 minutes of the event.
Is it possible to hop to the back of the park? I remember in year's past that if you did the New York S&S, then they wouldn't let you go to the back of the park right when you got out of the first house.

Is it possible to hop to the back of the park? I remember in year's past that if you did the New York S&S, then they wouldn't let you go to the back of the park right when you got out of the first house.

Yes, we were able to do NY S&S for TCM and right after head to Wicked Growth.

Reactions: WAJAS
Posted wait times were highly overstated this past weekend. The most extreme example was Hill House being posted at 60 minutes and it taking about 35 minutes. Of course this was a pleasant surprise, but worth mentioning for planning purposes.

Posted wait times were highly overstated this past weekend. The most extreme example was Hill House being posted at 60 minutes and it taking about 35 minutes. Of course this was a pleasant surprise, but worth mentioning for planning purposes.
I had a similar experience. Got in a posted 70 min line for Hill House, and I was in the house within 35 mins. Also had a run through Icons that had a 60 min wait, and I was through within 20 mins (TBF on that one, it got changed to 30 mins while I was in line).

If anyone is wondering what rooms you can take photos of in the Unmasking the Horrors 3 House Tour... here is a list...

Bride: Castle Projection Hallway, Crumbled Castle Facade, Vampire Blood Trap, The Monster's Final Lab

Tooth Fairy: Book, Drill Hallway, Library, Kitchen, Bedroom, Laundry Room, Lair

Legendary Truth: Opening room in the Attic, Terrors of the Tenement (Boris's Office), Murder by Mannequins, Murder by Moss Man, The Lustful Alibi (Kitty Kat Club), The Beast Unleashed, Evidence to the Contrary, and the Legendary Truth sign located at the end of the house.

Bonus: The tour also *might* allow you to see HHN Icons and TMC's facades and take pictures of them.

If anyone is wondering what rooms you can take photos of in the Unmasking the Horrors 3 House Tour... here is a list...

Bride: Castle Projection Hallway, Crumbled Castle Facade, Vampire Blood Trap, The Monster's Final Lab

Tooth Fairy: Book, Drill Hallway, Library, Kitchen, Bedroom, Laundry Room, Lair

Legendary Truth: Opening room in the Attic, Terrors of the Tenement (Boris's Office), Murder by Mannequins, Murder by Moss Man, The Lustful Alibi (Kitty Kat Club), The Beast Unleashed, Evidence to the Contrary, and the Legendary Truth sign located at the end of the house.

Bonus: The tour also *might* allow you to see HHN Icons and TMC's facades and take pictures of them.

Thanks! Was going to ask as I'm doing the 6 house tour and with the heavy tilt towards originals and the videos that came out from the HHN Lite event was hoping we could take more pics.

It bothers me that they limit photography so much. IPs I can understand if they want to protect the image of the brand, but originals should be cart blanche as long as you're not going somewhere they don't let you during a tour.

That drives me nuts too....I know the rumor was some 'inappropriate" photos with Exorcist dummies (I did the tour the Sat after the new rule went in place was sooo pissed!). But to bring the strict rules over to originals, while Hollywood allows full video of their houses, and charging MORE for the tours is BS.

For the price, I need something more than what could be a no photos self-guided your for $50. I know bloggers and the line that can ruin it for others and/or make people decide not to spend money are a concern...but you can't charge that much for a lights on your that resides in you memory without photos for you to remember it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boodini
It bothers me that they limit photography so much. IPs I can understand if they want to protect the image of the brand, but originals should be cart blanche as long as you're not going somewhere they don't let you during a tour.

What are the departure times for the 6 house tours? I currently have a 3 house tour starting at 12 in the afternoon, but would really love to try and get on the 6

Thanks! Was going to ask as I'm doing the 6 house tour and with the heavy tilt towards originals and the videos that came out from the HHN Lite event was hoping we could take more pics.

Your welcome...

That drives me nuts too....I know the rumor was some 'inappropriate" photos with Exorcist dummies (I did the tour the Sat after the new rule went in place was sooo pissed!). But to bring the strict rules over to originals, while Hollywood allows full video of their houses, and charging MORE for the tours is BS.

For the price, I need something more than what could be a no photos self-guided your for $50. I know bloggers and the line that can ruin it for others and/or make people decide not to spend money are a concern...but you can't charge that much for a lights on your that resides in you memory without photos for you to remember it.

I am taking the 6 house tour soon, but 3 house tour I was on was actually giving explanations as to why we cannot take pictures in every room.

The IPs are because of brand protection. The IP holders apparently choice what rooms the tour is allowed to take photos in.

The originals are because they do not want to spoil a effect or have any super gory photos going on social media. Silly reason, but based of off the rooms we did not take photos in for Tooth Fairy and Case Files, it is probably true.

I am just happy that they are finally giving reasons for the limited photos. They even talk about the whole 26 situation and how curtain right holders that year (The Exorcist) where not happy.

Anybody want to trade for a Chucky Studio Screamer? We bought two, and Chucky was the only one we didn't want, so naturally we got 2 Chuckys. I'll be at HHN the next two nights and would love to trade!

In my experience being in the front of the NY stay and scream to knock out a few houses before heading to the back of the parks has always been the right strategy because you can stay ahead of most of the front gate crowds. It may be a bit different with the other zone having more people but I am going to stick with that. I think strategies can vary in success depending on how ahead you are out of the stay and scream.

Has anyone seen or heard about them selling the unlimited HHN Express Passes in the park like they did a couple years ago?

Has anyone seen or heard about them selling the unlimited HHN Express Passes in the park like they did a couple years ago?
Yea, went last night and checked at the front gate they do have the unlimited available however sold out last night.

Yea, went last night and checked at the front gate they do have the unlimited available however sold out last night.

It's a wonder that nobody ever talks about these. They are MUCH cheaper than a private RIP tour, but give you almost the same level of access.