HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Who’s don’t the UTH tour and what houses you see?

I am booked for both tours soon...

My first tour (the three house tour) includes Bride, Tooth Fairy, and Legendary Truth.

My second tour (the six house tour) includes Scarey, Wicked Growth, Puppet Theatre, Hill House, Icons, and Texas Chainsaw.

Beetlejuice is on none of the tours due to the rights holders being really protective of the property.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Question on this: was there a line for Wicked when you entered, or were you just waiting for the house to open?
Wicked opened at 6, so I was just waiting in a very short line for it. Additionally, there was basically no line for Puppet or Scarey when I got to them.

Reactions: kingcooger
I am booked for both tours soon...

My first tour (the three house tour) includes Bride, Tooth Fairy, and Legendary Truth.

My second tour (the six house tour) includes Scarey, Wicked Growth, Puppet Theatre, Hill House, Icons, and Texas Chainsaw.

Beetlejuice is on none of the tours due to the rights holders being really protective of the property.
How
Do you know what houses?

It was discussed a few pages back, but they are sending out emails confirming what is on your tour about the same week you are set to go
That’s cool. Sorry to ask know since it was already discussed, I’m not keeping up with HHN this year. Strange BJ isn’t on the tour since he’s in the park already.

Are they doing the same type of exit strategy as they did for 29?

Both Hill House and BJ exit down the same path and come up behind ET correct?

Regarding Stay and Scream…TCM is the house worth using it for. Hill House and BJ’s S&S lines were so long and those houses are mid/low tier for the event this year. If doing S&S, I suggest doing NY for TCM then head to the Sprung tents for Wicked Growth and Puppet Theater. On Friday we hit Wicked Growth consecutively four times with no wait.

Reactions: SeventyOne
SMH

Why do people with Express use it immediately? The same strategies to maximize houses applies to the Express people as well, and you can still use Express later in the night for a second run...

Because if you are a local and you get any Fear passes +Express, you have at least 15-20 nights you can go and doing houses multiple times in one night might seem like overkill or something you're not interested in.

One year we figured out that RoF+Express going 5 nights equaled like $5.40 per house (Dividing the cost of the express upgrade by 50). Just being silly, me and a buddy went to the horrible Chance house the last two nights so we could say we expressed every house 5x during the event. The one time, they tried to just waive us through as there was zero line and we said we WANTED them to scan our tickets (might have been an adult beverage or two before that point) and then the last night we were there it was POURING and they didn't want to scan them again but we wanted them to and they said the scanner was down anyway.

Your plan of attack might be to do every house twice in a night. The people using the express immediately might be OCD lunatics like my one friend or like me just being silly and trying to maximize the bang for their buck...or they're they just have different goals than you and are enjoying themselves the way they want.

For those that have gone multiple nights - does stay and scream make much of a difference if you don’t have express? I feel like it’s been pretty light crowd wise as a whole.

For those that have gone multiple nights - does stay and scream make much of a difference if you don’t have express? I feel like it’s been pretty light crowd wise as a whole.
I definitely think so. It tends to pick up by 8-9 PM or so and getting to knock out upwards of 6 houses before then is massive. It's definitely still possible to do everything without it, but it sure is nice to hit over half of the houses with minimal waiting. When I left at 8 PM last night, quite a few houses were starting to hit around that 60 min mark.

Yes, with BJ and Hill House having long lines all night that’s where I suggest you go. After that hit up the houses in the back as they will have short lines. Once done see a show, enjoy scare zones, rest, then hit the front houses during the last 60-90 minutes of the event.

Yes, with BJ and Hill House having long lines all night that’s where I suggest you go. After that hit up the houses in the back as they will have short lines. Once done see a show, enjoy scare zones, rest, then hit the front houses during the last 60-90 minutes of the event.

I really don’t think using S&S for HH or BJ is a good idea for this year. In order to S&S those houses with little to no wait, you’ll have to enter S&S early. From what I saw, the Central Park holding area was slammed each day by 4 PM. So you’re waiting nearly 2 hours to skip lines for houses that stayed around 40-50 min for the majority of the night anyways.

NY S&S was dead by comparison and offers the better house IMO, TCM. You can stroll in right at 5 PM and be let into the house around 6 PM.

I really don’t think using S&S for HH or BJ is a good idea for this year. In order to S&S those houses with little to no wait, you’ll have to enter S&S early. From what I saw, the Central Park holding area was slammed each day by 4 PM. So you’re waiting nearly 2 hours to skip lines for houses that stayed around 40-50 min for the majority of the night anyways.

NY S&S was dead by comparison and offers the better house IMO, TCM. You can stroll in right at 5 PM and be let into the house around 6 PM.

Whether you preferred TCM over Beetlejuice or Hill House has nothing to do with reducing wait times. Thill Data’s wait times show that Beetlejuice AND hill house have had the longest lines during the event so waiting before the event starts to experience these two houses first is the right move. @HalfGlass is likely looking to experience all the houses with minimal waits and doing Beetle and Hill first followed by the tents is the best course of action.

Whether you preferred TCM over Beetlejuice or Hill House has nothing to do with reducing wait times. Thill Data’s wait times show that Beetlejuice AND hill house have had the longest lines during the event so waiting before the event starts to experience these two houses first is the right move. @HalfGlass is likely looking to experience all the houses with minimal waits and doing Beetle and Hill first followed by the tents is the best course of action.

I disagree.Thur. - Sat. This week these two houses were always around 40-50 min anytime we were at their entrances. Waiting 2 hours+ for them doesn’t make sense when they can easily be hit later in the night. You can spend less time baking in the sun/getting soaked by the rain in Central Park. And that’s beside the point that TCM is a way better house than these two.

I disagree.Thur. - Sat. This week these two houses were always around 40-50 min anytime we were at their entrances. Waiting 2 hours+ for them doesn’t make sense when they can easily be hit later in the night. You can spend less time baking in the sun/getting soaked by the rain in Central Park. And that’s beside the point that TCM is a way better house than these two.
Disagreed. Besides what Joe said, from what I saw, even those who showed up late for the Hill House S&S only waited 10-20 minutes at most once the house opened. That's a huge win for one of the busiest houses of the event. TCM just doesn't get that busy in comparison. I was able to do everything minus BJ on that side of the park and still get to TCM with only a 10 minute wait or so in the first hour. Obviously preference in house will play a role as well, but for anyone trying to hit everything, I definitely think starting over at BJ/HH works best.

On 2AM closings Beetlejuice and Hill House were walk-ons the last 30 minutes of the event. (But that could change as nights get busier.)

Don't fret about not getting express. Even if you are outside the park when it begins, you can head straight to Hill House and then the tents and do them in less than ~90 minutes. You can then take your time with the other houses and hit Beetlejuice last. If you want solo runs, the tents at the back are walk-ons the last hour (so were the stages except Icons).

Of course this will all change as the event's demographic changes. Halloween/HHN/Horror fans are the majority of visitors right now, but once the "general public" gets in, I wouldn't be surprised if Hill House and Texas Chainsaw are the busier houses.

Disagreed. Besides what Joe said, from what I saw, even those who showed up late for the Hill House S&S only waited 10-20 minutes at most once the house opened. That's a huge win for one of the busiest houses of the event. TCM just doesn't get that busy in comparison. I was able to do everything minus BJ on that side of the park and still get to TCM with only a 10 minute wait or so in the first hour. Obviously preference in house will play a role as well, but for anyone trying to hit everything, I definitely think starting over at BJ/HH works best.

IDK what I’m missing then because the lines I saw this week in Central Park around 4 PM for HH and BJ S&S looked as long as the crowds waiting in the stand by line for these houses later on.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1