Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

FYI, ya'll said that there were only two S&Ss, but there's a third. The Today Cafe has been one since day one according to the team members manning it last Friday.

For those who have been recently, is the New York stay and scream less crowded than previous years? What time does it let out and to which houses?

For those who have been recently, is the New York stay and scream less crowded than previous years? What time does it let out and to which houses?

It’s a little different than previous years since the whole area is open. It’s gotten a lot busier the last few weeks and I assume it’ll probably stay that way. But there’s still plenty of area to sit and chill.
As far as the houses it’s Chainsaw and Brides that you can queue up for and they let you go between 5:30-5:45. It’s also a good way to hit icons early once the park officially opens which has been consistently around 6pm.

If anyone knows, how have wait times actually been compared to what is being posted on the app? I know that they have over posted on several occasions this year. Although I know tonight is sold out, I am hoping it is not as crazy tomorrow night.

If anyone knows, how have wait times actually been compared to what is being posted on the app? I know that they have over posted on several occasions this year. Although I know tonight is sold out, I am hoping it is not as crazy tomorrow night.
From my experience on Wednesday, every posted wait I went through was overestimated by 10-75% with an average overestimation of 45%. The posted waits between 8-10PM will be the most accurate/least inflated. The houses I went through after 10PM in the front half of the park were overestimated by 40-75%.

From my experience on Wednesday, every posted wait I went through was overestimated by 10-75% with an average overestimation of 45%. The posted waits between 8-10PM will be the most accurate/least inflated. The houses I went through after 10PM in the front half of the park were overestimated by 40-75%.

This jibes with what I heard from friends, despite the huge crowd.

I'm planning on popping in either this Wednesday or Thursday. Is there any reason to think one of those days might be less busy than the other?

This years it has been lighter since more people are wanting to do BJ and Haunting first at least both weekends I went.
It’s a little different than previous years since the whole area is open. It’s gotten a lot busier the last few weeks and I assume it’ll probably stay that way. But there’s still plenty of area to sit and chill.
As far as the houses it’s Chainsaw and Brides that you can queue up for and they let you go between 5:30-5:45. It’s also a good way to hit icons early once the park officially opens which has been consistently around 6pm.

Thanks both of you. We ended up doing NY stay and scream on Saturday and it was so different than previous years. I actually liked that it was so much bigger and open. We just chilled and only got in line for Brides around 5:20 and were still pretty close to the front of the line.

We were there this weekend and times are definitely inflated. We had the after 11pm express for last night. Posted wait was 45 for Puppet Theater but when we walked through the express line, there was no one in the regular line. Not one person.

Ya but it’s barley a S&S location as you can do no houses early and only see the “scareamoney”
I tried to s&s there one night of my trip specifically to see the opening scareamony and they told me it was only used as like an overflow and they didn’t want people crowding the area prematurely. Was on a Saturday or Sunday I believe

Event is sold out tonight and tomorrow. Any recent tips from people on what to do at rope drop without S&S? Been a hot second since I’ve gone.

Last edited:
I tried to s&s there one night of my trip specifically to see the opening scareamony and they told me it was only used as like an overflow and they didn’t want people crowding the area prematurely. Was on a Saturday or Sunday I believe
I heard that at the beginning of the event but never tried it so wasn't sure. I will be there the 28 and plan to try it. Hopefully get in.

Event is sold out tonight and tomorrow. Any recent tips from people on what to do at rope drop without S&S? Been a hot second since I’ve gone.
This year has been strange. Just don't follow the crowd. If everyone goes straight turn, if everybody turns go straight.

Still looking to add people to a private RIP tour on Sat Oct 30th - no better way to beat the lines!
LMK if you want more info - price is much better than the current public tour price, and only a bit more than the EP...

Sorry I missed this because we were at rope drop! Our pathing was WG and Puppet first, then going with the anti-flow and it worked pretty well. Should be able to hit everything tonight! Wednesday and Thursday we split the houses into 5 each night.

Honestly, despite the “sold out” disclaimer, the crowd seems fairly tame so far (though it’s still early) compared to this time on Wednesday. We even gave a couple near us at gates a heads-up that their express wouldn’t cover gen admin and guest services were still able to sell them tix & provide them entry for the night.

all I can say is that by midnight, puppet theater and pumpkin are like 20 minutes or less.
by 1 am legendary goes to 15 min. bride Frankenstein is like 10 minutes too.
people get tired and leave by midnight

Its the final week in the fog for 2021, and besides a few hours last Sunday i am finally getting in some much needed HORRAH this week. Wed and Thursday we are just arriving whenever and taking it easy, Friday is our full tilt "go for the GOLD" day with S&S... I have only seem one or two "plans of attack." For the non-express pass holders what is the golden order this year? I am guessing still start in Springfield holding and hit up the tents and parade buildings first... Thoughts?! Thank you all in advance, and look forward to seeing everyone in the fog!

Its the final week in the fog for 2021, and besides a few hours last Sunday i am finally getting in some much needed HORRAH this week. Wed and Thursday we are just arriving whenever and taking it easy, Friday is our full tilt "go for the GOLD" day with S&S... I have only seem one or two "plans of attack." For the non-express pass holders what is the golden order this year? I am guessing still start in Springfield holding and hit up the tents and parade buildings first... Thoughts?! Thank you all in advance, and look forward to seeing everyone in the fog!
I had good luck going with S&S in Springfield first for Hill House followed by the tents then soundstages+Case Files. This plan had me done with the 9 houses by 12:30, and if I didn't grab dinner, I could've seen a show or done Beetlejuice during that time.

Get in the holding area as soon as possible and go for Hill House

If you want to hit Beetle, do it right after

Wicked

Puppet

Icons

Texas

Case

And then sort of play it by ear after as you have Bride, Tooth, and SCarey left