HHN 31 Construction Thread | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everything is looking good and coming together nicely. I have my room booked at Cabana Bay and can’t wait to see what they did with the Classic Monsters. The jack one was cool last year but nothing too special.

Reactions: shiekra38
Is it just me, or is this year feeling more "anniversary" than last year?
It does a little bit yeah. You've got a Meetz booth, the promise of returning characters in Hellblock, a maze thats a sequel to a fan favorite scarezone, a maze thats a prequel (?) to a fan favorite maze, scare zones covering large but distinct swaths of horror, and a returning fan favorite ""icon"". Definitely has anniversary year-lite vibes.
Granted, some of those can be said about a lot of years, but still.

I think it may feel like an “anniversary year” because there’s more of a clear effort at cohesion that’s been less prominent in the 2010s (basically 2012-2019). Even the two arguable exceptions - 2015’s anniversary celebration and 2018’s 80s theme - were still fairly disparate. The conceptually unified zones isn’t really something we’ve seen since 2007-2009. Add in the fan service and flickers of the past… you’ve got the makings of a pleasing event that maybe feels like a throwback despite doing a LOT of new stuff.

Wow! The scale of Horrors of Halloween is magnificent! Every zone looks so great and extremely detailed, definitely more then usual.
This is the year for zones.
I’m not as familiar with Orlando’s history, but is this the most heavily-themed a zone has ever been in Production Central? It certainly seems like it when compared to recent years.

Reactions: merlin0402
I’m not as familiar with Orlando’s history, but is this the most heavily-themed a zone has ever been in Production Central? It certainly seems like it when compared to recent years.

IDK if heavily themed is the right description but they are definitely putting in some effort compared to previous years.

There have been notable zones in the area - like 2008s Path of the Wicked had flying monkeys bouncing between the Soundstages. 2009s Containment had huge inflatable tents down the street.

IDK if heavily themed is the right description but they are definitely putting in some effort compared to previous years.

There have been notable zones in the area - like 2008s Path of the Wicked had flying monkeys bouncing between the Soundstages. 2009s Containment had huge inflatable tents down the street.

Ironically, those prominent elements were probably the most memorable elements of those two zones. Neither left much of an impression otherwise.