What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood 2020 Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whatever the reason, when they did work there in that area, they used a different kind of concrete or tarmac, that's just pure solid black. I'd wonder if it's due to that they figured it'd be better like that, but it's super confusing as hell.

I mean....even if the parks open. How could you do HHN? Its literally packed and the whole point is people getting close to you and screaming. Would be hard to pull off

Given the political nature of how Garcetti seems to be handling LA's public spaces, I am growing more and more inclined to believe HHN will not be returning till next year. Coronavirus is just too damn huge and summer will only slow it down at best.

Given the political nature of how Garcetti seems to be handling LA's public spaces, I am growing more and more inclined to believe HHN will not be returning till next year. Coronavirus is just too damn huge and summer will only slow it down at best.
Garcetti says he does not want major events to happen until next year. I promise you there’s going to be pushback once other states start opening up. If he does extend it, then I think this year’s event could be in trouble.

They're proceeding, for now.

Obviously, situation is fluid.
It must suck to be them....its a damed if you do or don't for now...I'd say best bet is to wait. My guess is we will see a second wave by HHN opening dates and then you've wasted millions making mazes for no one....at the same time if some magical way their is no second wave (which i doubt because Americans are stubborn and cant even do 30 days inside) you lose out on millions

It must suck to be them....its a damed if you do or don't for now...I'd say best bet is to wait. My guess is we will see a second wave by HHN opening dates and then you've wasted millions making mazes for no one....at the same time if some magical way their is no second wave (which i doubt because Americans are stubborn and cant even do 30 days inside) you lose out on millions
I mean assuming that situation transpired, so long as it wasn't december by the time it ended I'm sure they'd attempt to modify event dates and just leave the mazes up.

Garcetti says he does not want major events to happen until next year. I promise you there’s going to be pushback once other states start opening up. If he does extend it, then I think this year’s event could be in trouble.
Kentucky opened up due to protests and their contamination rate tripled in the span of two days. Florida's beaches are no different. As someone in the political industry, these will only PUSH Garcetti to remain closed, especially under Newsom's guidance. I don't think the pressure will change amongst blue cities, only those in largely red communities.

Last edited:
Now the only thing i wonder is if its unsafe to open up for HHN, will these just stay up all year or be torn down; gonna be an interesting few months to follow.

I’m still optimistic the event will happen. Of course, that could change at any moment, but I think there will be enough pent-up demand for people to want to do “normal stuff” after months of these lockdowns to go to the event. I doubt you will see more lockdowns around the time HHN will be going as much fewer will likely comply with them.

That being said, if you want to go to HHN at all this year, I would not wait to go until October. At that point you’re playing Russian Roulette.

Status
Not open for further replies.