What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood 2020 Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....any reason we're not seeing any action by 747 yet?
if i had to guess id say only two mazes on the backlot and where 747 & FVJ location are will be used as extra que space for one of the mazes in the FDTD area; if they expect to keep social distanced ques they'll probably need all of that space to pull it off

Long time no post. May have retired from videos but being stuck in my home all day has me looking at these drone videos and trying to figure out what the mazes are based on the facades and the rumored mazes from the spec map.

Looking at the mummy facade and I see a resemblance to the Sawyer house from TCM, and Texas Chainsaw 3D (TCM being TC3D has been brought up over on the Orlando side of things). I know @Spookies n' Stuff made a comment saying that it was too small and pushed too far back, and it definitely looks like a scaled down version of that house with less depth, but that’s what I see. The last time they built the Sawyer house facade in Hollywood for saw is the law, I would say that facade looks exactly like a scaled down version of the Sawyer house with less depth. Just throwing the idea out there so we don’t get locked into the certainty of TCM being in Waterworld just because the last 2 times it was at the event it was there and that’s where it was placed on the map. But TCM was also down at the mummy the first two times it was at the event and in 2012 it was planned for mummy as well before being changed to JP.View attachment 12639View attachment 12640
That looks like a good match!!!!

Long time no post. May have retired from videos but being stuck in my home all day has me looking at these drone videos and trying to figure out what the mazes are based on the facades and the rumored mazes from the spec map.

Looking at the mummy facade and I see a resemblance to the Sawyer house from TCM, and Texas Chainsaw 3D (TCM being TC3D has been brought up over on the Orlando side of things). I know @Spookies n' Stuff made a comment saying that it was too small and pushed too far back, and it definitely looks like a scaled down version of that house with less depth, but that’s what I see. The last time they built the Sawyer house facade in Hollywood for saw is the law, I would say that facade looks exactly like a scaled down version of the Sawyer house with less depth. Just throwing the idea out there so we don’t get locked into the certainty of TCM being in Waterworld just because the last 2 times it was at the event it was there and that’s where it was placed on the map. But TCM was also down at the mummy the first two times it was at the event and in 2012 it was planned for mummy as well before being changed to JP.View attachment 12639View attachment 12640
If I remember correctly, the first scene in Texas Chainsaw 3D takes place in the past at the Sawyer house. The scene has the cops show up to the house with a gunfight with the family.

WW: TCM 3D
Mummy: TCM
SS29: TCM Back in Businezz 2
FDTD 1: TCM The Beginning Music by Billie Eilish
FDTD 2: TCM Blood Brothers 2
Metro: Dead by Daylight featuring (only) Leatherface
TWDA: Leatherface (2017)
all scarezones are exclusively Chop Top

With the show being of Grandpa doing his famous whack-a-hammer.

__

In all seriousness, I do find the JW overflow having the markings to be..interesting. If that means we're seeing that area used again, I have to wonder how they'll make it work, especially with JW right next to it.

Soooo, this just came up.

At around 2:30-ish, they predicted TCM would be in Mummy, and this was three days before the drone video came out. At around 7:30, they said that Waterworld is Halloween.

So maybe, that facade is something to do with Halloween?

Soooo, this just came up.

At around 2:30-ish, they predicted TCM would be in Mummy, and this was three days before the drone video came out. At around 7:30, they said that Waterworld is Halloween.

So maybe, that facade is something to do with Halloween?

Perhaps it may be wise to bring speculation of the event, particularly a rumor, to the proper thread?

WW: TCM 3D
Mummy: TCM
SS29: TCM Back in Businezz 2
FDTD 1: TCM The Beginning Music by Billie Eilish
FDTD 2: TCM Blood Brothers 2
Metro: Dead by Daylight featuring (only) Leatherface
TWDA: Leatherface (2017)
all scarezones are exclusively Chop Top
And of course, the rides will be rethemed to TCM!

- Jurassic Chainsaw Massacre

- Texas Chainsaw Mayhem

- Leatherface and The Forbidden Journey

- Leatherformers

Perhaps it may be wise to bring speculation of the event, particularly a rumor, to the proper thread?

Sure thing!

Just my speculation. And this is based off past years of them using the trams. And this is due to them wanting to distance everyone and not pack people in. HHN this year will be an add on to your ticket or pass you already have instead of a separate event. Similar to Magic Mountain where the park is open all day and you buy a pass or ticket for the mazes. The Waterworld maze and Mummy maze you will just walk to. The two mazes on the backlot you will be taken to by the tram. Dropped off in the metro area to queue up and then you have your choice of going into one or both mazes. When your group is done, you are back on the tram to return to the tram plaza or maybe to the 747 scene. The toxic tunnel will not exist this year. And the scare zones will be limited. No maze in Parisan square as that will be shut off for the night. No scare zones and no Parisan square equals less workers and security which means lower costs and why it can be an add on event.

Just my thoughts as I am trying to think what is happening with less mazes being constructed and taking distancing into mind this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTH
The two mazes on the backlot you will be taken to by the tram. Dropped off in the metro area to queue up and then you have your choice of going into one or both mazes. When your group is done, you are back on the tram to return to the tram plaza or maybe to the 747 scene.

Just my opinion, but I really don’t think they’d use the trams to shuttle people during the event. If it was any other year, sure, since they’ve done it before, but if they’re trying to save on money in a year where finances matter more than ever, using the trams seems like a money drain. The trams themselves can’t even be filled to capacity, they’d likely have to be cleaned each and every time they pick up/drop groups off, and so on; it becomes an issue of operating cost outweighing practicality, the way I see it. Even if Toxic Tunnel isn’t a scare zone, I wouldn’t be surprised if Universal still has guests still make the hike to the backlot on foot.

Honestly, though, who knows at this point! It could go either way, really.

Just my opinion, but I really don’t think they’d use the trams to shuttle people during the event. If it was any other year, sure, since they’ve done it before, but if they’re trying to save on money in a year where finances matter more than ever, using the trams seems like a money drain. The trams themselves can’t even be filled to capacity, they’d likely have to be cleaned each and every time they pick up/drop groups off, and so on; it becomes an issue of operating cost outweighing practicality, the way I see it. Even if Toxic Tunnel isn’t a scare zone, I wouldn’t be surprised if Universal still has guests still make the hike to the backlot on foot.

Honestly, though, who knows at this point! It could go either way, really.
Good points. But think how much they have saved on fuel alone in those trams over the last 3 months. And not having to lay union drivers for three months. I think and again just an opinion it is an option to help distance people and to get people to the event. I think we all know this won’t be a traditional year for this so anything is possible.
Plus they do run trams at night during the summer and they haven’t done that this year obviously.

Reactions: DTH
One thing that I think is missing from the convo is that looking at the drone footage, there's some kind of garage to the left of the "doors" of the facade:

View attachment 12648

It doesn't match with any of the publically available behind the scenes footage from Halloween Kills.

Good eye. There is definitely a roll up/garage door there. The Old Crawford Mill (someone added a photo of it in this thread) from TCM 2003 doesn't have any doors like that either.

Just my speculation. And this is based off past years of them using the trams. And this is due to them wanting to distance everyone and not pack people in. HHN this year will be an add on to your ticket or pass you already have instead of a separate event. Similar to Magic Mountain where the park is open all day and you buy a pass or ticket for the mazes. The Waterworld maze and Mummy maze you will just walk to. The two mazes on the backlot you will be taken to by the tram. Dropped off in the metro area to queue up and then you have your choice of going into one or both mazes. When your group is done, you are back on the tram to return to the tram plaza or maybe to the 747 scene. The toxic tunnel will not exist this year. And the scare zones will be limited. No maze in Parisan square as that will be shut off for the night. No scare zones and no Parisan square equals less workers and security which means lower costs and why it can be an add on event.

Just my thoughts as I am trying to think what is happening with less mazes being constructed and taking distancing into mind this year.

Still sticking with my original thought here. The park will re=open. It is ready to go already. Employees are in the park. Just hasn't been given the green light yet. But with everything else open (malls, shopping, etc), it will happen soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.