Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood 2020 Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless if TWDA is just being gutted to be a new maze venue..yeah, I'd see Waterworld, FDTD, and Stage 29 beginning work.

3 Mazes, so-far. My question comes to Parisian Courtyard, if they opt in doing that..
That's true, it's such a small space I can't imagine them being able to replace that with anything other than a new maze location or something like a large restaurant. (Ladder option would be nice imo since USH doesn't really have anything like a table service.)

Hill House, maybe? I know nothing about the show or if Murdy would even attempt the facade in that queue, but just throwing it out there.

That was my immediate thought too... those two central windows seem to act as somewhat of a focal point here and there also seems to be a lot of pairs of windows on the ext of the house in the show. (Also haven't seen it either so I can't be sure either, haha.)

Also, am I wrong in thinking the facade that resembles the Creepshow facade is actually facing the opposite direction than the FDTD house usually does? See the mountain?

Maybe there are two down there this year, and the entrances face each other? Trying to figure out how that works from a "people-mover" perspective.

Also, am I wrong in thinking the facade that resembles the Creepshow facade is actually facing the opposite direction than the FDTD house usually does? See the mountain?

Maybe there are two down there this year, and the entrances face each other? Trying to figure out how that works from a "people-mover" perspective.
You're correct, the facade is facing towards tunnel, which it hasn't done since 2014
I find it especially interesting that theres 2 mazes in that spot this year because I have no idea where theyre gonna put the queue space for them, maybe they intend to sacrifice the 747 location or the gauntlet.

Could these pictures actually be of the same maze, just at different points of construction and from different perspective? I'm having a little trouble orienting the placement of two mazes in this space, especially as they appear here. When you compare the pic on the right to the one on the left, it could just be a matter of the same house being snapped at different angles and at different points in time.

Last edited:
Could these pictures actually be of the same maze, just as different points of construction and from different perspective? I'm having a little trouble orienting the placement of two mazes in this space, especially as they appear here. When you compare the pic on the right to the one on the left, it could just be a matter of the same house being snapped at different angles and at different points in time.

It's hard to tell. The lighting between the two tents makes it look like a pretty sizable gap but that could just be the perspective.

Not trying to argue, but I'm not completely convinced. The facades suggest they're the same tent, too.

View attachment 12441 View attachment 12442
It’s 2 different tents, you can see where the first tent ends and the next begins, there’s a pretty big gap between them you can tell by the shadows, so unless there’s an outdoor gauntlet type thing between the two tents I’m sure they aren’t connected

It’s 2 different tents, you can see where the first tent ends and the next begins, there’s a pretty big gap between them you can tell by the shadows, so unless there’s an outdoor gauntlet type thing between the two tents I’m sure they aren’t connected
Ahhhh yes, I see that now. I still have a hard time picturing how it will flow, but yes, I see the two tents.

Status
Not open for further replies.