HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah last time I did VIP it was FDTD, TWD, AVP, and terror tram.
From my past experience with VIP (2012-2014) the dinner was available most of the night in the lounge (one of the best parts of VIP. Getting to go in there and eat if energy was low and relax before going to more mazes)
Usually it was a little bit of time for dinner, tour, then they Release you. I normally would avoid the guided tour because they take too long and I could get way more done in the time of the tour. Unless there was something cool attached with it, 2012 had a paranormal investigation at Amity Island, 2013 was the best and had an Insidious themed experience at Amity Island, and 2014 didn't have anything until like the last two weekends but it was a quick Purge thing on the backlot before you entered the metro sets in one of the alley ways they filmed Anarchy in

So you can get away with ditching the group? Cause my plan is to do so if we are going into Jabawockeez, but hopefully do the terror tram.

So you can get away with ditching the group? Cause my plan is to do so if we are going into Jabawockeez, but hopefully do the terror tram.
It's not too hard to ditch the group. I usually was given a tour at a later time, 8:30, 9:10, so it was easy for me to just not be at the lounge during that time. Usually when you're assigned to a group and not everybody shows up before the tour departs they'll wait a little while but if you don't show, they go. I don't think they can force you to take the guided tour

I don't see why not. 2013 must have been the year I did VIP because I remember the Insidious house show as part of it. I had one of the first tours of the night at 7:15 so never even left the building where we picked up the lanyards and set our tour time. I also remember being able to go in and out of the food/drink building all night long until it closed around midnight or so. Staff were coming into the dining area and calling out tour times to join them, so it should be no problem to just ignore your tour time and head out on your own after dinner (or if someone gets word that you can go in and out of dinner area more than once you could go right into the park and eat whenever you chose). The HHN page makes it sound like dinner is at a set time though, but hopefully it is like past events. Hopefully someone reports on RIP in the first couple weeks of the event so we know whats up. I won't be going until the beginning of October. And with unlimited FOL to everything else, it shouldn't be a problem to wait in the regular line for TT at some point during the evening, separate from the tour.

I don't see why not. 2013 must have been the year I did VIP because I remember the Insidious house show as part of it. I had one of the first tours of the night at 7:15 so never even left the building where we picked up the lanyards and set our tour time. I also remember being able to go in and out of the food/drink building all night long until it closed around midnight or so. Staff were coming into the dining area and calling out tour times to join them, so it should be no problem to just ignore your tour time and head out on your own after dinner (or if someone gets word that you can go in and out of dinner area more than once you could go right into the park and eat whenever you chose). The HHN page makes it sound like dinner is at a set time though, but hopefully it is like past events. Hopefully someone reports on RIP in the first couple weeks of the event so we know whats up. I won't be going until the beginning of October. And with unlimited FOL to everything else, it shouldn't be a problem to wait in the regular line for TT at some point during the evening, separate from the tour.
You get front of the line for Terror Tram too. Unlimited Front of the line for everything, definitely best part of VIP
Almost all night buffet and lounge makes it even better

You get front of the line for Terror Tram too. Unlimited Front of the line for everything, definitely best part of VIP
Almost all night buffet and lounge makes it even better

Plus included parking. My girlfriend balked at the extra $100 for a RIP ticket, but when you factor in the cost of parking and food that is included, the remaining $40-$50 or so for Unlimited FOL is worth it!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did TT a second time in 2013 apart from the tour version. I was just noting an alternative to MacMillian Crew (who said they previously wouldn't let VIP join the non-VIP group for some reason).

Now my big question is: Can RIP do Early Entry (picking up our credentials and tour time during then as well)?

Plus included parking. My girlfriend balked at the extra $100 for a RIP ticket, but when you factor in the cost of parking and food that is included, the remaining $40-$50 or so for Unlimited FOL is worth it!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did TT a second time in 2013 apart from the tour version. I was just noting an alternative to MacMillian Crew (who said they previously wouldn't let VIP join the non-VIP group for some reason).

Now my big question is: Can RIP do Early Entry (picking up our credentials and tour time during then as well)?
I am not sure about early entry actually. I've never actually done early entry. I don't really think it would be necessary though. In 2014 I was able to do every maze atleast two times (3 for FDTD and AWIL) along with actually doing the guided tour. I've always loved the opening scaramony and VIP gave me the ease of mind that I can do every single maze multiple times and still watch the scaramony

I called them this morning. It depends on the time you choose for VIP. If you choose your time around 7 then you could squeeze as many mazes as you could before you check in for VIP

I wonder if RIP can still do early entry. I don't think early entry existed the last time they did VIP. Also the tour duration says 4-4.5 hours. Do people think that is just the estimated time to see and do everything or will the tour guides actually take us to each maze (last time I did it, they only took us to Tram and Backlot). Scare Zones sound good. Hope they can do something new with the tunnel. Looking forward to more maze announcements, but going anyway (buying tickets for early October by the end of this week).

When my cousin and I tried going on Terror Tram with our VIP passes, they wouldn't let us on and told us that the whole point of the guided tour was going on our own tram. i'm hoping that won't happen this year, since I wanna see how Terror tram is, but not looking forward to the guided portion. The only part of VIP experiences I didn't care for.

When my cousin and I tried going on Terror Tram with our VIP passes, they wouldn't let us on and told us that the whole point of the guided tour was going on our own tram. i'm hoping that won't happen this year, since I wanna see how Terror tram is, but not looking forward to the guided portion.
That's an odd situation. Because I've been able to do Terror Tram multiple times without going on the guided. It may have been that I went after the given time for my tour that was stuck onto the pass

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
That's an odd situation. Because I've been able to do Terror Tram multiple times without going on the guided. It may have been that I went after the given time for my tour that was stuck onto the pass

Yeah, worse comes to worse, my group gets there early an go in a little before 7 and do regular line terror tram, just to get it out of the way. My RIP TOUR call time is 7:40, so I think we can knock TT and TWDA out of the way before eating. and then ditch and kill the other 7 mazes repeatedly (no pun intended).

I am not sure about early entry actually. I've never actually done early entry.

I love early entry. It's been my game plan the last several years with regular FOL to get there early, do all the lower lot and backlot mazes without using my FOL pass (often minimal wait times), then head to TT (last year I got all 5 lower section mazes done, with a second trip through Krampus) and still made it back upstairs to be on the first TT of the evening at 7PM, all without using my FOL. Then, I used my pass for the upper level mazes and repeat trips on the lower as the night went on and lines got long. But with Unlimited I can see how that planning wouldn't be needed. Unless I want to be home early or hit up Potter and get some Butterbeer before mazes.

Yeah, worse comes to worse, my group gets there early an go in a little before 7 and do regular line terror tram, just to get it out of the way. My RIP TOUR call time is 7:40, so I think we can knock TT and TWDA out of the way before eating. and then ditch and kill the other 7 mazes repeatedly (no pun intended).

So you got to pick your RIP time when you ordered your ticket online? Cool! Was there any indication how/where to pick up your lanyard credentials? It used to be you had to go through Customer Services, but I'm wondering if it can be done at front gate like the FOL passes since you got assigned your time already instead of it being done at the park.

I love early entry. It's been my game plan the last several years with regular FOL to get there early, do all the lower lot and backlot mazes without using my FOL pass (often minimal wait times), then head to TT (last year I got all 5 lower section mazes done, with a second trip through Krampus) and still made it back upstairs to be on the first TT of the evening at 7PM, all without using my FOL. Then, I used my pass for the upper level mazes and repeat trips on the lower as the night went on and lines got long. But with Unlimited I can see how that planning wouldn't be needed. Unless I want to be home early or hit up Potter and get some Butterbeer before mazes.
Yeah having unlimited front of the line pretty much eliminates the need for a game plan involving early entry. No worrying about any lines, and if a runthrough of a maze sucks, you didn't waste two hours in line and can just go do it again

That was the first this year they let me choose times, cause 2014 and before we picked out times at Customer service, but now I guess they want to be more efficient and not waste time. It says that we still need to go to Customer service to get our VIP lanyard and bracelet, since they need to check our ID and make sure we have everything.

That was the first this year they let me choose times, cause 2014 and before we picked out times at Customer service, but now I guess they want to be more efficient and not waste time. It says that we still need to go to Customer service to get our VIP lanyard and bracelet, since they need to check our ID and make sure we have everything.

Thanks, does it specify a time you can be at Customer Service? I'm guessing it's possible to Early Entry into the park, go over to Customer Service and pick it up at that point. I just sent an e-mail to Uni (and a tweet to Murdy) to ask about Early Entry for RIP customers. Will report if I hear anything.

Thanks, does it specify a time you can be at Customer Service? I'm guessing it's possible to Early Entry into the park, go over to Customer Service and pick it up at that point. I just sent an e-mail to Uni (and a tweet to Murdy) to ask about Early Entry for RIP customers. Will report if I hear anything.
I wouldn't ask John about it, he doesn't know specifics. Ask the @unistudios twitter handle, they're the ones to go to for specific ticket questions. John seems to get fed up with being asked about tickets

I wouldn't ask John about it, he doesn't know specifics. Ask the @unistudios twitter handle, they're the ones to go to for specific ticket questions. John seems to get fed up with being asked about tickets

Done! Next I'm going to ask Mr. Murdy if Bill & Ted will ever come back.....lol. I bet he hates that question also since he always says he has nothing to do with shows.

Insidious in a nutshell
Gif-21.gif

But for reals, do you guys think we are just gonna have an announcement frenzie in the coming weeks?

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13

I figure it would be like past years. If you get to the park before 7, you go into Customer services, get your lanyard and bracelet, enter the park and do whatever until your call time, where you go to the VIP lounge where someone will be with a computer to check you in for dinner. When I called the VIP experience this morning, the lady told me that it was fine to do mazes and other things, so as long as you checked in at the lounge at your call time.