HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
-Double Post. Sorry-

My cousin went to the event tonite and according to her, she finished the mazes, Terror Tram, and 2 rides before 10:30 PM. We'll see if the website will tell if tonite SOLD OUT though.

I don’t want to get you guys too excited, but someone posted on my Facebook feed that he got to go through one of the houses with John Murdy and John Cooke. I also heard a rumor from Knott’s that I cannot vouch for that Murdy visited Scary Farm recently. Take those tidbits for what you will, but this just seems too perfect with the timing of Murdy’s vague Tweet.

Attachments

• 5E05DAEB-F723-40B4-9BF4-9609346841D4.jpeg
    5E05DAEB-F723-40B4-9BF4-9609346841D4.jpeg
    422.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Yea, I figured the other day when he said he was go to visit other haunts i assumed it was Knotts. It’s probably just two theme park competitors friendly seeing each other’s event more than showing Jon what he has to work with at his new job. Or maybe it’s an elaborate scheme by Murdy to steal all of Knott’s ideas and tactics and start the first theme park war where blood is shed, idk, it’s one of the two

"Unfortunately" man it kills you when I'm right, doesn't it?

Yeah like when you were "right" about 20k being the highest attended day for HHN this year lol.

Murdy did visit KSF recently.

However, I wouldn't hold onto the hope that Cooke is our replacement. I *believe* he is under contract (correct me if I'm wrong). I would love to see his creativity with the power of IPs though, so worth the hoping!

Jon Cooke owns his own haunt / halloween multimedia business. That would probably be a conflict of interest for Universal. Knott's doesn't seem to care (rightfully so).

Went tonight and was done with everything by about 9. I took a lot of my sweet time though, like eating, getting rides in, friends taking multiple bathroom breaks, etc.. Went ahead and did another sweep of the park and left at 1.

Overall consensus is not much has changed since opening night, oddly. Usually there's many more changes. The most changed maze is AvED, which had a LOT of cuts from it. They completely took out the first scene's scareactors. As someone said before, Cheryl doesn't wrap around Ash in the room but they're now placed across from each other. And in the cabin scene before Henrietta, there was legit 4 booholes with demons in a zigzag formation that scared the hell out of me. Imagine the ending of Insidious but actually themed into the middle of the maze and out of nowhere, bouncing you around like a pinball. Saw's actor's definitely improved and are more vicious. I enjoyed that maze a lot more this time around. However, they got rid of the saw that goes towards you at the end which is the thing that scared me most. In the Shining, the "great party" guy did a tongue lick thing, which was very weird and creepy and of the 4-5 times I've been in there, never saw him do that before! It threw me off in a good way. Not sure if he was just bored in that moment, last weekend shenanigans, or if that's just something he's doing now. Blumhouse still sucks - didn't see the projector screen scare whatsoever and the final Big Daddy just looks stupid now. Titans, Insidious, TWD, and Roanoke were basically the same, but still good. My rankings of the mazes stay the same and I still think this is the worst year, but it's not AS BAD as it was before.

As for merch, at one point it was 50% off. I went to another store around 1 AM and suddenly everything was 70% off. My friend got a shot glass for like $2-3 bucks. And since this year doesn't have souvenir cups (BLASPHEMY, btw, how has this not been mentioned?!), I got a tumbler for about 8 bucks which is usually $26ish. Some shirts were about $8 and hoodies were like $16.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Went tonight and was done with everything by about 9. I took a lot of my sweet time though, like eating, getting rides in, friends taking multiple bathroom breaks, etc.. Went ahead and did another sweep of the park and left at 1.

Overall consensus is not much has changed since opening night, oddly. Usually there's many more changes. The most changed maze is AvED, which had a LOT of cuts from it. They completely took out the first scene's scareactors. As someone said before, Cheryl doesn't wrap around Ash in the room but they're now placed across from each other. And in the cabin scene before Henrietta, there was legit 4 booholes with demons in a zigzag formation that scared the hell out of me. Imagine the ending of Insidious but actually themed into the middle of the maze and out of nowhere, bouncing you around like a pinball. Saw's actor's definitely improved and are more vicious. I enjoyed that maze a lot more this time around. However, they got rid of the saw that goes towards you at the end which is the thing that scared me most. In the Shining, the "great party" guy did a tongue lick thing, which was very weird and creepy and of the 4-5 times I've been in there, never saw him do that before! It threw me off in a good way. Not sure if he was just bored in that moment, last weekend shenanigans, or if that's just something he's doing now. Blumhouse still sucks - didn't see the projector screen scare whatsoever and the final Big Daddy just looks stupid now. Titans, Insidious, TWD, and Roanoke were basically the same, but still good. My rankings of the mazes stay the same and I still think this is the worst year, but it's not AS BAD as it was before.

As for merch, at one point it was 50% off. I went to another store around 1 AM and suddenly everything was 70% off. My friend got a shot glass for like $2-3 bucks. And since this year doesn't have souvenir cups (BLASPHEMY, btw, how has this not been mentioned?!), I got a tumbler for about 8 bucks which is usually $26ish. Some shirts were about $8 and hoodies were like $16.

I was there Friday night, too. I agree with almost everything you said, although I do think Blumhouse isn't all that bad... I always get scared a lot during the Sinister section.

I was wondering what happened to the opening actors in AvED. Didn't know they were removed entirely!

To me, it was really surprising to see how low the wait times were. Early on ToT seemed to max out at 55 minutes, but that was the longest wait time I saw all night (until 11:30, anyway)... and it didn't stay that long for long. By 11pm, all upper lot mazes were total walk ons, and backlot were about 15. Insideous seemed to be the longest at 25 minutes.

I'm also a bit surprised no one's really talking about the Jabbawockeez show this year. If you ask much, it's much, much better than past years. I was really impressed, even though it has essentially nothing to with Halloween. But as a show in and of itself, it's actually quite good.

Anyone have any idea what the wait times will be like tonight? The last two nights were so low, but they were also weeknights and not closing. Not sure if that's going to affect anything.

Also, any ideas if merch will be discounted in the parks during the day after the event? I'll be going Sunday with a friend, and was contemplating shopping a bit if the stock and discounts continue.

Anyone have any idea what the wait times will be like tonight? The last two nights were so low, but they were also weeknights and not closing. Not sure if that's going to affect anything.

Also, any ideas if merch will be discounted in the parks during the day after the event? I'll be going Sunday with a friend, and was contemplating shopping a bit if the stock and discounts continue.
The waits should be longer because it’s Saturday and it’s closing night, but I hope they aren’t way longer than last night, I’d like to be able to do at least 2 runs of each house tonight.

As for merch, I wouldn’t have hope if you want to get anything Sunday, they drop the prices so low so they can get rid of their inventory by tonight, I know last year everything was basically gone before closing night, so I don’t know how much will be left tonight.

Define souvenir cup, they sell a hhn version of the freestyle cup, I don’t know what else you could be talking about.
Would you happen to have a picture of it? I went opening weekend and they said "we don't have them yet" and now the final weekend and they basically just had the same things I saw or what they sell during the day. Plus I saw zero people walking around with one.

Is it just me or has the butcher gutting Cricket been removed as well?
I missed that also but figured there was a scareactor change or something the two times I went. Maybe since it's the last weekend, a lot of people have quit, resulting in some dead spots? But isn't there a pool to draw from?