HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2013 | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmm, that's unusual.

Maybe it's still too early to gauge the popularity of this year's event, but opening weekend was also strangely empty - at least relative to previous years.
This year has been getting less than positive reviews, especially about the overcrowding issue. I think that has people avoiding the event.

How come on the west coast mazes are called mazes and in the east coast mazes are called houses???

Last edited by a moderator:
That's odd because Orlando makes fun of Disney all the time. In fact, I think they got in trouble with mocking Pirates after a video of the show surfaced online. Why Hollywood doesn't do that - I have no idea.
Maybe they don't because Orlando got in trouble.

Maybe they don't because Orlando got in trouble.
Orlando still pokes fun at the Mouse, but they no longer allow photography or camcorders in the show. In fact, they seem to crack down every year.

I didn't realize Orlando had any soundstages. Do they do film or TV production there when HHN isn't using them?
From what I hear, not that often. They film time to time for television shows and commercials, but definitely not on the same scale as Hollywood. Not even close.

How come on the west coast mazes are called mazes and in the east coast mazes are called houses???
Maze is a term that Knott's coined that has stuck predominantly with the haunt industry. House is something they just started called their haunted attractions.

So they only use the sound stages for HHN?
Not all of them, but about 3/4 of them are in large soundstages, giving them much more room to work with making Orlando's mazes much larger (in terms of scale, not length) and a little more realistic if you ask me from what I've seen. 

This year has been getting less than positive reviews, especially about the overcrowding issue. I think that has people avoiding the event.
Universal also hasn't been meeting expectations for attendance so far, but the online reviews are usually targeted towards a niche audience (with the exception of the L.A. Times). I know some fans were a bit disappointed this year, but I always thought that was a normal occurrence.

Come to think of it, how often (and soon) does the event sell out? We haven't heard any news about that just yet.

Universal also hasn't been meeting expectations for attendance so far, but the online reviews are usually targeted towards a niche audience (with the exception of the L.A. Times). I know some fans were a bit disappointed this year, but I always thought that was a normal occurrence.

Come to think of it, how often (and soon) does the event sell out? We haven't heard any news about that just yet.
tonight might actually be the first "hard" sell out (we keep people from entering the ticket plaza, close all ticket booths, etc.) thats another reason why they raised the price on the ticket tonight to 74.

Last Night was the first "sell out" we had to close the ticket booths at 8:30. FYI: expected to be like that the other saturdays as well

Neither event is hitting attendance goals as of right now but with the event starting earlier than ever its not a huge issue imo. As for Hollywood I wouldn't be surprised if you guys see a major shake up in your event. I think you could see an additional haunt or and this is a big or, you see the Backlot tour take a year off and in its place a haunt or possibly two bringing your count to 8 houses like in Orlando. Again just a big if but I know for a fact they have considered ditching the tram tour in favor of another haunt in its place. 

Neither event is hitting attendance goals as of right now but with the event starting earlier than ever its not a huge issue imo. As for Hollywood I wouldn't be surprised if you guys see a major shake up in your event. I think you could see an additional haunt or and this is a big or, you see the Backlot tour take a year off and in its place a haunt or possibly two bringing your count to 8 houses like in Orlando. Again just a big if but I know for a fact they have considered ditching the tram tour in favor of another haunt in its place. 
i personally think ditching the tram is genocide as it is a main thing. but. I do see 2014 and 2015 having absence of the tram and they add 2 mazes in jaws lake or having a normal tram as a ride or attraction and have it like projection effects like what they did with the vip Insidious tour in jaws, flash, hell mabye even earthquake. it would also give people Kong like what they did in 2010 which i enjoyed personally. thats really on the matter on how tram is going to be done due to construction.

Terror Tram will eventually go away. And there is a reason for it beyond just wanting to add another maze instead. Whoville, the Bates Motel, Psycho House, and the War of the Worlds set will be demolished to make way for a new storage facility.

I've heard stuff about War of the Worlds, but this is the first time I'm hearing anything about the Bates Motel or Psycho House. If you're referring to T-10 on the Evolution Plan, I don't think that directly conflicts with either set.

Yup, according to Murdy's twitter they have started selling out heavily.

Also: Bates Motel ain't going anywhere. War of the Worlds is, but not the Psycho House.

If you're referring to T-10 on the Evolution Plan, I don't think that directly conflicts with either set.
I was looking at S-22

S-22.png

Also: Bates Motel ain't going anywhere. War of the Worlds is, but not the Psycho House.
If they are keeping Bates and Phycho, that is good news. Those sites are historic.