HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2014 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Look at Murdy's Twitter:

Every maze has its own unique challenge. For this particular maze there are several challenges… costumes is one. This maze also has challenging scenic environments and a complicated story to communicate without using dialogue. Sound effects will be key. You may think you know it but you don't. It's something we've never done before. Normally I wouldn't do it but I felt like a challenge...Confused? Of course you are. That is the carny way my friends. Tricks before treats. All will be revealed in time. Stay tuned.
Sounds like a perfect description for the game Dead Space. There's a new game coming out this year making it time sensitive. If it's Dead Space than HHN just got way more interesting.

I sure would love to see that. They've proved they can do aliens with The Thing. I haven't played Dead Space but I can imagine the creatures are somewhat similar to The Thing. They've done a video game before, so I'm not sure how literal he means, "something we haven't done before."

Look at Murdy's Twitter:

Sounds like a perfect description for the game Dead Space. There's a new game coming out this year making it time sensitive. If it's Dead Space than HHN just got way more interesting.
I thought Dead Space too. Except a new Dead Space game isn't coming anytime soon. Visceral is currently working on their Star Wars game. Regardless, if Hollywood is following Orlando's path, paint me excited. We are in for some scary houses this year. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LAiHfqnbGYo?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Maze 2 is a Music maze and i think i founded it. Alice Cooper released in 1989 Trash, John said The maze would have a album from 1989 so this would be fitting for Alice's Triology to end here.

i might've been wrong... well its fine but i do have something to say as a form of Speculation..

What if due to all the work being done on F&F and the tour they just scrap the Terror tram due to the fallout of last year. and instead convince the studios to Budge in a 7th maze in the Backlot. it'd work out well to fill the gap of No tram and it'd give John a bit more Leviety on the issue of Construction in that area. it would not be tradition but then again we got mazes that arn't tradition so we'll see what happens.

i might've been wrong... well its fine but i do have something to say as a form of Speculation..

What if due to all the work being done on F&F and the tour they just scrap the Terror tram due to the fallout of last year. and instead convince the studios to Budge in a 7th maze in the Backlot. it'd work out well to fill the gap of No tram and it'd give John a bit more Leviety on the issue of Construction in that area. it would not be tradition but then again we got mazes that arn't tradition so we'll see what happens.
F&F is not affecting Terror Tram at all. The gates from last year year are still in place. 

Ok, around 3 o clock today we will be hearing the news of a all new Exprience for HHN hollywood but i don't think its a challenge. I think it could be a version of LT or another Contest which that would suck but it could happen. i guess we'll all see.

Ok, around 3 o clock today we will be hearing the news of a all new Exprience for HHN hollywood but i don't think its a challenge. I think it could be a version of LT or another Contest which that would suck but it could happen. i guess we'll all see.
I'm pretty sure it's another Interactive contest. It's already been confirmed for a long time now LT will not be showing up in Hollywood in any shape or form.

Time to UPDATE: its been revealed that WE will be able to choose a Theme of a Scarezone, this is actauly kinda fun but not a game but i'm fine, this over that.

So according to Murdy, HHN is supposed to have an appealing IP on the upper lot. It doesn't sound like there's going to be another Hispanic folklore house in Persian Square this year.

Food for thought: the only "appealing IPs" that come to mind that would remotely fit in Persian Square would be Resident Evil or Trick r Treat. I could see the Raccoon City Police HQ as the facade. I could also visualize the stores and the alley ways in the "outdoor" portion of the maze and then the Umbrella Corp. inside the building.

So according to Murdy, HHN is supposed to have an appealing IP on the upper lot. It doesn't sound like there's going to be another Hispanic folklore house in Persian Square this year.

Food for thought: the only "appealing IPs" that come to mind that would remotely fit in Persian Square would be Resident Evil or Trick r Treat. I could see the Raccoon City Police HQ as the facade. I could also visualize the stores and the alley ways in the "outdoor" portion of the maze and then the Umbrella Corp. inside the building.
I think Trick 'R Treat would be the better fit in that small space. 

I think Trick 'R Treat would be the better fit in that small space. 
True, but it's not as time-sensitive as RE. Remember, TrT has a movie coming out the same time Marty McFly goes Back to the Future. A new RE movie comes out this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
True, but it's not as time-sensitive as RE. Remember, TrT has a movie coming out the same time Marty McFly goes Back to the Future. A new RE movie comes out this year.True, but it's not as time-sensitive as RE. Remember, TrT has a movie coming out the same time Marty McFly goes Back to the Future. A new RE movie comes out this year.
I don't think  RE is getting a sequel this year but Trt has been highly requested and its Johns last year so mabye thats going to be the maze.

True, but it's not as time-sensitive as RE. Remember, TrT has a movie coming out the same time Marty McFly goes Back to the Future. A new RE movie comes out this year.
No incentive to bring Resident Evil to be honest. The films make a decent amount but nothing to justify it taking a spot in our small lineup. Not to mention Orlando's house last year didn't do well with the general public and the fans alike.