HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2014 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if Despicable Me will be open for HHN.

Most likely... I hope Silly Swirly would too, the thought just amuses me greatly. I have to think they will treat it as a safe haven like they do with Seuss Landing in IOA. (although that's due to Seuss' widow forbidding them from associating the land with the event)

Reactions: William
Kinda just... ignore the fact that it's so darn cute.

I don't think we'll be seeing Super Silly Death Land anytime soon.
I know haha the idea is funny though. I wonder how weird the Scarezone in French Street is going to feel with Super Silly Fun Land at the end of the street.

Reactions: William
I know haha the idea is funny though.

I wonder how weird the Scarezone in French Street is going to feel with Super Silly Fun Land at the end of the street.
Was that scare zone popular last year? It was a cool setup, and those clowns were pretty creepy.

These rides based on popular IPs are pushing these scare zones closer and closer into the center of the park. Not much theming around Simpsons Plaza last year, and it looks like it could be the case around Minion Mayhem so you don't transition directly from the undead to fluffy unicorns.

True, but it's not as time-sensitive as RE. Remember, TrT has a movie coming out the same time Marty McFly goes Back to the Future. A new RE movie comes out this year.
Trick R Treat Maze this year then Trick R Treat 2 Maze next year. problem solved lol

For anyone hoping for more TWD, this may make you sad..

TWD.jpg

Appearently; AMC will not be doing TWD at universal hollywood again and this may solidify a rumor that is AHS coming to the park. This might be the case but i wana hear what you guys think.

For anyone hoping for more TWD, this may make you sad..

TWD.jpg

Appearently; AMC will not be doing TWD at universal hollywood again and this may solidify a rumor that is AHS coming to the park. This might be the case but i wana hear what you guys think.
I wouldn't bank on that if I were you.

I wouldn't bank on that if I were you.
If what that tweet said is true, I could see them only using Walking Dead as the Terror Tram and leave the other maze slots for other properties that are high-priority. If this could possibly be your last year as creative director? Wouldn't you want to do the same? ;) Also, if Insidious came back, which I could see as very likely, having only TWD Terror Tram would seem reasonable as having half the line-up being the same as last year would be too much and for even the GP.

I know this is too early but maybe this might be the last year for the Terror tram for now. I mean as they kinda revealed Nighttime tours are happening so it'd make sense if they just don't do the walkthrough but heres a idea for 2015. a resurrected Terror Tram. It would be a regular tour but its more unique horror scenes and you hear Urban legends and maybe sometimes; scares can happen. That's a idea but Mabye the tram just turned into a version of Nighttime Studio Tour as it'd make sense due to Fast and Furious.

I know this is too early but maybe this might be the last year for the Terror tram for now. I mean as they kinda revealed Nighttime tours are happening so it'd make sense if they just don't do the walkthrough but heres a idea for 2015. a resurrected Terror Tram. It would be a regular tour but its more unique horror scenes and you hear Urban legends and maybe sometimes; scares can happen. That's a idea but Mabye the tram just turned into a version of Nighttime Studio Tour as it'd make sense due to Fast and Furious.
I LOVE this idea. This is a good compromise considering that the walk-through Terror Tram has remained unchanged and stale. The only thing is, there can't really be any scareactors scaring the tram riders. Ever since that incident in the 80's, I don't see that happening again.

One idea I have is to replace the Terror Tram with another backlot experience. Have two houses there where Little Europe is or where the Bates motel is.

If what that tweet said is true, I could see them only using Walking Dead as the Terror Tram and leave the other maze slots for other properties that are high-priority. If this could possibly be your last year as creative director? Wouldn't you want to do the same? ;) Also, if Insidious came back, which I could see as very likely, having only TWD Terror Tram would seem reasonable as having half the line-up being the same as last year would be too much and for even the GP.
Not sure if I would follow on Skybound's word on what AMC decided to do. Also I wouldn't say insidious will be returning, but something in the form of a paranormal house will.
I know this is too early but maybe this might be the last year for the Terror tram for now. I mean as they kinda revealed Nighttime tours are happening so it'd make sense if they just don't do the walkthrough but heres a idea for 2015. a resurrected Terror Tram. It would be a regular tour but its more unique horror scenes and you hear Urban legends and maybe sometimes; scares can happen. That's a idea but Mabye the tram just turned into a version of Nighttime Studio Tour as it'd make sense due to Fast and Furious.
The Terror Tram is leaving regardless since the 747 crash site is becoming a soundstage location, not because of the Nighttime Tours. Your idea is essentially what the original Terror Tram was, but given new Safety laws I doubt it would return in that form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if I would follow on Skybound's word on what AMC decided to do. Also I wouldn't say insidious will be returning, but something in the form of a paranormal house will.

The Terror Tram is leaving regardless since the 747 crash site is becoming a soundstage location, not because of the Nighttime Tours. Your idea is essentially what the original Terror Tram was, but given new Safety laws I doubt it would return in that form.
I'm pretty confident Insidious is returning. Sinister doesn't seem to have much maze potential, Oculus doesn't look much better, Conjuring is out because of the rights issue that I hear is going on, and Paranormal Activity....no. Besides, why not bring back the most successful HHN maze EVER, save money on sets and everything, and save on rights and whatnot when another maze is going to be done by Blumhouse (The Purge). The same thing kind of happened with Lionsgate in 2011 (HoTC and Hostel). Good news is that we probably won't see Walking Dead back as a house since there's already a repeat. :)

Also, Terror Tram is staying no matter what. Unless they can replace it with another backlot experience (With two houses), it's NOT going. They'll find a replacement. It would hurt their capacity to much to get rid of it.

I'm pretty confident Insidious is returning. Sinister doesn't seem to have much maze potential, Oculus doesn't look much better, Conjuring is out because of the rights issue that I hear is going on, and Paranormal Activity....no. Besides, why not bring back the most successful HHN maze EVER, save money on sets and everything, and save on rights and whatnot when another maze is going to be done by Blumhouse (The Purge). The same thing kind of happened with Lionsgate in 2011 (HoTC and Hostel). Good news is that we probably won't see Walking Dead back as a house since there's already a repeat. :)

Also, Terror Tram is staying no matter what. Unless they can replace it with another backlot experience (With two houses), it's NOT going. They'll find a replacement. It would hurt their capacity to much to get rid of it.
I can't stress enough that it's probably not going to return. Why waste money on regaining those rights to use the I.P, paying to reconstruct the house and to remake most of the costumes/prosthetics when you can do something new. Not only will it look bad to have a repeat house at a Halloween event with a line-up of really only 5 haunted houses but Knott's down the street is rapidly playing catch up to Halloween Horror Nights and right now it's a game of who can offer new experiences. Which is why you only really saw a repeat in House of Horrors last year and six new mazes at Knott's last year. 

Let me rephrase what I said, Terror Tram is leaving its current location not becuase of the Night-time studio tour but becuase the site it uses is being replaced. It could return in some capacity but a lot of areas (the size of 747 Crash site) in the Backlot will be under some form of construction. 

I can't stress enough that it's probably not going to return. Why waste money on regaining those rights to use the I.P, paying to reconstruct the house and to remake most of the costumes/prosthetics when you can do something new. Not only will it look bad to have a repeat house at a Halloween event with a line-up of really only 5 haunted houses but Knott's down the street is rapidly playing catch up to Halloween Horror Nights and right now it's a game of who can offer new experiences. Which is why you only really saw a repeat in House of Horrors last year and six new mazes at Knott's last year.
I agree with the above. The only problem is, I don't think Murdy does agree. The only reason why everything was new was because there wasn't any "returnable" properties in 2012 besides Walking Dead and UMR. Alice Cooper didn't rate that well, La Llorona was in its second year already, and Texas was a last-minute replacement for AWiL. If you have the highest-rated maze in HHN's history on your hands, I think may use the opportunity to bring that back and focus more on his higher-priority properties.

I've heard things about Knott's. I'm hearing that they want to do more than six new houses this year. That's going to put HHN to shame if HHN does carry through with only four new ones.

I agree with the above. The only problem is, I don't think Murdy does agree. The only reason why everything was new was because there wasn't any "returnable" properties in 2012 besides Walking Dead and UMR. Alice Cooper didn't rate that well, La Llorona was in its second year already, and Texas was a last-minute replacement for AWiL. If you have the highest-rated maze in HHN's history on your hands, I think may use the opportunity to bring that back and focus more on his higher-priority properties.

I've heard things about Knott's. I'm hearing that they want to do more than six new houses this year. That's going to put HHN to shame if HHN does carry through with only four new ones.
I think Murdy has caught on to some degree. Meaning we might see returning I.Ps (TWD & UMR) but not full blown returning houses. With Knott's stepping up the quality of their event a considerable amount I don't see HHN doing returning houses anymore, they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did. 

Ok, what I meant was kinda this. Yes I know that the tram rule is there but cmon, psycho is already breaking the damn rule to begin so there has to be some solution. Why not have spaced little numbers with the nighttime tour. They have for a 2015 case, past Kills of Halloween Horror Nights. Going from the past to even the year and it'd have what the nighttime tour would possibly have so that might be a good case.

Just a thought....

Because of last year's success and the (overbearing) popularity of the backlot experience, what if that may translate into the head honchos wanting to invest more into HHN? Mainly, expanding the footprint of the backlot experience and *possibly* putting a seventh house there?

What if this really is John Murdy's last year and he wants to go out with a BANG? (I saw the tweet. The way the question was answered totally could have been "carnied"). What if he finally got the rights to the Exorcist, is doing Tick r Treat, and may finally complete the Alice Cooper trilogy?

Also, Orlando is heavily rumored to not have Walking Dead. I wonder if that may mean only having TWD as the Terror Tram and nothing else? I have heard rumors of the Purge being the theme for the backlot experience, so there's that.

Just randomly speculating here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the Backlot will be expanded but there has to be a price to pay. That would have to be the Terror Tram being erased from HHN. It'd work.  

About Exorcist, it will never happen. I really think that Exorcist really be messed. With Trick r' Treat, I'm dead certain its going to happen as it was also a Long RUMORED house and since its Johns last year, he will appease due to Alien sadly not coming and john did say it a

while back. With Alice Cooper, i think its Plausable as it is a Triology and it'd make sense but we'll see. With Walking dead, If Skybound saying No TWD as far as they know, its a sign of what will happen and I think we're getting AHS as that has been growing and it'd make

sense if orlando is getting it.