HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2014 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
About Exorcist, it will never happen. I really think that Exorcist really be messed. With Trick r' Treat, I'm dead certain its going to happen as it was also a Long RUMORED house and since its Johns last year, he will appease due to Alien sadly not coming and john did say it a
If I'm not mistaken, to this day, Murdy has not stated this was his last year. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm not mistaken, to this day, Murdy has not stated this was his last year. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
He's mentioned it numerous times in person. Not sure if he has through his twitter though. Someone asked him about what he said saying "Didn't you say your years as Creative Director wouldn't reach double-digits?" and he replied "You're right I did say that. tick tock..."

Someone asked him about what he said saying "Didn't you say your years as Creative Director wouldn't reach double-digits?" and he replied "You're right I did say that. tick tock..."
This was on Twitter by the way. It happened some time ago but I think you can find it with those tweet searching websites. 

According to Twitter, there will be no mazes from last year that will be returning this year (YEEESSSS!!!!! FINALLY!), there will be NO mucic-based mazes, remix is no more, and there will be one original maze that Murdy will be working on later next week.

Can I just say that this year is going to kick all sorts of tail already? Just the no repeats alone got me excited.

According to Twitter, there will be no mazes from last year that will be returning this year (YEEESSSS!!!!! FINALLY!), there will be NO mucic-based mazes, remix is no more, and there will be one original maze that Murdy will be working on later next week.

Can I just say that this year is going to kick all sorts of tail already? Just the no repeats alone got me excited.
Finally!! No monster remix, no music mazes, and no walking dead.

Terror Tram is happening for 2014. 

"Another day, another maze pitch. This one's for maze #3 codenamed "Beauty is only Skin Deep." Then back to the studio to work on Terror Tram" per Twitter.

Not a shock. I do think this is the last year for Terror Tram, however.

I'm pretty sure 2015 will see the destruction of the 747 set, and they'll probably do a Kong/F&F express tram as an extra "ride" instead.

Reactions: BruceTheShark
Possibly yeah.

But I'm not sure if Murdy's departure means the event will dramatically change. After all I think there's a lot of politics that go into choosing mazes and simply put, they're still going to go with popular IPs for the most part.

I do think it will change drasticly due to the new honcho, he'll be thinking new things so we'll see if it has more ips or mabye some more original ips..

Not a shock. I do think this is the last year for Terror Tram, however.

I'm pretty sure 2015 will see the destruction of the 747 set, and they'll probably do a Kong/F&F express tram as an extra "ride" instead.
This is great news to me. The last good Terror Tram we had was 2009. Ever since 2010, it's always been there as just a crappy people-eater. It was a novel experience being able to walk the backlot the first couple of years, but now that we've seen WotW and the Psycho sets for the past several years,  we have the NY backlot experience to fill that void. I'm glad they finally found a good replacement capacity-wise for Terror Tram.

I guess this year, I better savor my last moments being able to walk the Psycho and WotW sets. I'll probably have to get my picture taken in front of the house this year. Maybe next year this might mean an extra house. :)

Possibly yeah.

But I'm not sure if Murdy's departure means the event will dramatically change. After all I think there's a lot of politics that go into choosing mazes and simply put, they're still going to go with popular IPs for the most part.
Hollywood is definitely going to be an IP-dominated event no matter what, I certainly agree with that. Depending on who it might be, I could see the new C.D. experimenting with some original ideas and maybe icons, but still stick with IPs. At least he'll hopefully do something different than distraction-scare.

I do think it will change drasticly due to the new honcho, he'll be thinking new things so we'll see if it has more ips or mabye some more original ips..
If we have seven or even eight houses in the future, I think half and half would be the best way to go. Maybe even five-to-three or two like Orlando's event last year. It would be great to finally have an icon though.

Like I mentioned in another thread, Murdy says we won't experience any mazes that we did last year. He never said that we wouldn't be seeing repeats. He's known for playing on his words, and his tweets can have several different meanings. You've gotta be careful with news like that, taking it and making big news out of it could bite ya in the butt eventually.

Welp, I was wrong about Johns last year. But cross out Excorist as that's not coming.

Sorry to those that thought it too but I guess I was kinda acting dumb on that. damn mind.

Welp, I was wrong about Johns last year. But cross out Excorist as that's not coming.

Sorry to those that thought it too but I guess I was kinda acting dumb on that. damn mind.
You weren't the only one. The clues matched really well. He doesn't say what the specific film was which is curious but Exorcist is one of his dream projects. It's a shame because that definably would make me buy a ticket, as it is now I'd rather save the money and skip the event which has become too crowded and too static

Anyone think Evil Dead will return as Cabin in the Woods? Or Insidious comes in the form of The Conjuring? Fits the trick wording of "won't experience the same maze as last year" that William was mentioning. 

Reactions: William
Murdy posted the total number of pages he's done on treatment. He says that 562 pages have been written for all of HHN; however, if you add the pages he's given for the mazes (The iriginal included) and the Terror Tram, it only comes out to 486. That's a difference of 76 pages from the number Murdy posted. Can we say seventh maze? :)