Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2014

Feb 2, 2013
Arizona.
Ok time to start HHN 2014 and already there is some news with some of the propertys already locked in to this year and a little update on the future of usage of the old T2 Line so take this with salt but heres something from HHUofficial on this so take it with salt.

I have been getting questions on this so I thought I should clear this up. The old T2 location will never house a maze for HHN ever again. There is a new structure (For Gru's Living room that covers most of the old Que line area where the maze was once held. Not to menton the back area of the show building now blocked from Super Silly Fun Land's side. That area is now hold for emergency exits that can't be blocked off.
So yes take it with salt but I personally agree with it as we do have to take in that DM might be a simpsons where we don't get due to some things that John Murdy or universal might not bring up.

Now onto the mazes we know there are a few IP's locked in for this year so I hope its going to be a good thing but we'll see. so let HHN updates Commence!

I don't care what we get as long as we get American Werewolf in London. That is one of my all-time favorite (If not my absolute favorite) horror film ever. I even got the privilege of getting to check it out in Orlando last year. The house was fantastic! In my opinion, it was the best maze I've ever seen HHN do on either coast with those AMAZING werewolf puppets (I'm probably bias here. Haha). The sets or the maze doesn't have to be as big as Florida. I know it was originally planned for the JP queue and it would work just fine in there. If it does come over here, the puppets would make the house amazing. John did mention that he got to talk to someone he wanted to see for years so I hope it's John Landis.

Here's my prediction for 2014:

Houses:

-Universal Monsters Remix 3

-American Werewolf in London

-a 3D maze based on KISS or Marilyn Manson (PLEASE do NOT do KISS. Please.)

-Either the director or another urban legend (But what would it be?)

-Walking Dead or American Horror Story

-Resident Evil (If they're not doing Walking Dead). If they're doing WD, then Sinister.

Oh, and surely this will be the year we finally get another show or two. After last year's Bill and Ted cancellation, I can't imagine if they'd be that stupid to not have at least a second show.

Last edited by a moderator:
heres my FINAL predictions.

American Werewolf in London

Cabin in the Woods

Walking Dead Season IV

Dracula

Dead Space

Resident Evil

Outlast or American Horror Story

I  love American Werewolf in London! That would be a great maze to have at USH. That transformation scene still to this day makes my hair stand up.

I too would like to see American Werewolf in London make it's way to Hollywood. As far as Despicable Me queue area, from what I remember, most of the extended T2 queue was removed to house the maze since the attendance had been in decline and they were able to scrap that section of the queue. Despicable Me should draw some decent crowds for quite a while, so they probably won't be able to spare the space. So, I do not see that area being fit for accommodating a maze in the future. 

Since Insidious was so highly rated, I could see the maze being rehashed into The Conjuring or maybe a mash up of James Wan's films. (Orlando did Dead Silence a few years back). 

I would like to see The Walking Dead be removed from the line up and bring back a strong central character. 

American Horror Story would be awesome to see. 

Murdy has said one of the meetings were in regards to horror films coming out in 2014. Adam Green (Hatchet, Frozen) has a new movie titled Digging Up The Marrow coming out sometime in 2014 which is pretty secretive at the moment, but is about monsters inspired by Alex Pardee's art. Green is a huge HHN fan and would jump at the chance to work with Murdy. 

I've played Dead Space and would love to see that make a return. 

Lastly, I'd love to see Michael Myers and the Halloween franchise return. That is too strong and hot of a property to only be used, while the other popular franchises got three years. I don't know if HHN and Rob Zombie still have a good relationship but I'd love to see RZ's Halloween get a maze. 

Bruce added on to Michael Myers, I thinks a return of the slashers would be nice. I love 2007 and 2008. When we had freddy, Jason, and leatherface. Michale myers added on with that would be my dream HHN. But realistically that wont happen.

Love to see conjuring maze

Revamp a theme character for HHN like the past

Of course American Werewolf in london

Beef up the house of horror maze with more thrills

Something that may help our speculation quite a bit is that HHN has developed a pattern in their line-up the past couple of years.

1. House of Horrors maze (UMR)

2. Mexican legend (La Llorona, El Cucuy)

3. A property with a release this year (Silent Hill, Evil Dead)

4. An "older" property (TCM, Insidious).

5. The really current and hot property (Walking Dead)

6. A 3D rocker maze (Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath)

Because last year was so successful, I don't see why they would change it. I think our speculation should be narrowed down to this:

Depending on how the senarios go, this could be our speculated line-up:

1. Universal Monsters Remix (The lighting is already installed and what else would they put in there?)

2. El Chupacabra/Santa Maria

3. The Purge/Sinister/ Dracula: Untold

4. The Conjuring/American Werewolf in London/Cabin in the Woods.

5. Walking Dead (It's coming back, who are we kidding? It's more popular than ever.)

6. Alice Cooper/KISS

I think if anything, A return of The Walking Dead would just be the Terror Tram.
I doubt that. Imagine how much money Uni could save on sets by just reusing everything from last year. Plus, if you have the biggest property in horror, you are going to want to market the living crap out of it. That's just the way I've seen HHN work lately.

I think remix is gone but purge is a good idea for a tram actauly like have you go through a backlot purge and then walking dead it WILL come back due to popularity. Rest dunno but hopefully at Monsterpolloza we get more info which its coming up in a few months!

Halloween Horror Nights 24 is rumored to be including a second Resident Evil maze and another Video Game property. Wonder if any of these will make their way to Hollywood's event.

Halloween Horror Nights 24 is rumored to be including a second Resident Evil maze and another Video Game property. Wonder if any of these will make their way to Hollywood's event.
If Orlando gets two Resident Evil mazes and we still have yet to get one, Ima be like "Seriously Murdy? Walking Dead THREE times and NO Resident Evil? You kiddin' me?"

If Orlando gets two Resident Evil mazes and we still have yet to get one, Ima be like "Seriously Murdy? Walking Dead THREE times and NO Resident Evil? You kiddin' me?"
Resident Evil would be perfect for the Metro-sets. Just pass it off as Raccoon City. 

The Purge sequel take place on the city streets, so if Walking Dead isn't back, the walkers could easily be swapped out with "Purgers"
True, that's probably most likely the case too. Unless the Purge: Anarchy doesn't do well, which it probably won't since it's the film we were expecting the first time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
This I think is a possible list and i would be good with it:

1) American Werewolf in London (because it did so well, and it could be in the JP queue)

2) Walking Dead Season 4/ american horror story (most likely twd but could be both, and in the location from last years twd.

3) Trick'r'treat/ sinister (I would prefer trt but whatever, and this could be in the mummy queue area)

4) Santa Muerte/ or maybe japanese legend? (parisian courtyard, or maybe new venue)

5) Dracula Untold in the house of horrors

6) Rocker 3D house/ maybe alien?? (soundstage 747)

7) PURGE TERROR TRAM!

even though i loved the purge as the front scarezone, I kinda want a new one.