HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
it was by the creative director of HHN himself, not a random employee.
Well....shoot. I guess the backlot is going to have four mazes. It would be nice to keep things balanced. It's a shame that the Globe Theater is hard to come by. It's a nice spacious location while keeping venues balanced.

i said to him that I hope the backlot doesn't get four an he shot that down too with saying its always a adventure finding new locations..lets not rule out Globe just yet.

So four mazes for the backlot...I remember when I went this year, the upper lot felt like it didn't have that much in the way of being scary. For me, I guess scare zones are not that scary. I do wish though, that they will be creative in the mazes that get chosen.

you can still get creative, look at last year, we got the best scarezone of HHNhollywood to date; Dark Christmas. I have a feeling lets not say its a lock that there will be a fourth house in the Backlot just yet. we could be getting a suprising location if it goes anywhere outside of that.

Here are my Ideas

Mazes

A Five Nights at Freddy's Maze (Either from the first one or the second one)

Krampus

Crimson Peak

Insidious

Walking Dead

That's all I can think of

Scarezones

Five Nights at Freddy's: Survive the Nights

Walking Dead

Stillall I can think of

FNaF's cannot translate well into a maze. Plus, it's merely an internet game. Not happening.

Some sugar, caffeine, and food from all of the Christmas eating yesterday got me into HHN brain-storming for what we could get this year...

Murdy has said on his Twitter that he has an "out there" idea for the event. I'm willing to bet it's a Christmas theme of some sort. Fans loved the Dark Chrismas scarezone and wanted it to become a maze. Being that a holiday theme can be a little risky for haunts, I could see this as an "out there" idea. I also forsee that as the 3D maze for this year. Unless Murdy wants to work with Manson for a maze, I don't think a maze tied with another rocker is a big possibility. Clowns was originally going to be an original maze on its own until Murdy got a call from Slash, as he said on his Twitter.

I think Trick 'r Treat is a very good possibility for this year. Legendary and Uni are one now, plus the Krampus film by Michael Daughtry is coming out. I can see them promoting the film in some way if they do Trick 'r Treat. I can also see this as the werewolf maze to ride off of AWiL's success. AWiL was a vary-low awareness movie and it got the highest rated maze award. That gives more hope to TrT.

Insidious 3 sounds likely, but if TrT or any other maze occupies the JP venue, I don't see it going anywhere else. Murdy likes to make the JP the "haunted house" venue (Alice Cooper, Insidious, TCM). I think Crimson Peak is going to be the movie promotion maze. It's coming out the same time the Thing and Dracula came out .

I know it's unlikely, but I would love to see John Carpenter's the Fog at HHN. I think it would translate into a really cool house. Just imagine the light house being the facade.

So as on December 2014, here is my speculated line-up for 2015 (Great Scott!) based on the pattern the event seems to go for:

The big-draw property: Walking Dead

The 3D maze: Dark Christmas

The urban legend maze: Trick r Treat

The Universal movie promotion maze: Crimson Peak

The 2015 movie maze: Insidious 3

The last two are fair game. I'm going to guess The Fog and American Horror Story.

To go with that I have also putted something

Big Draw: Either TWD or AHS Freakshow

3D House: Maryin Manson

Urban Legend: Dark Christmas/Krampus

Classic House: I am thinking we could get Brad Fuller to come back and bring in as a shared IP house; Freddy VS Jason due to the success of the AVP House from this years HHN

2015/Promotional film: Crimson Peak

I am sincerely doubting Trick R Treat  but I would be happy to see it come back

I was looking to see if theres something for HHN on that section but sadly not for the Hollywood so I decided that it might work for here if there's no problem.

Theres a little piece of news I want to bring up, The first Property has been locked and it will be going to Concept design next week.

A maze based off of Season 5 would be cool. We could be taken into Terminus, Father Gabriel's church, Downtown Atlanta, Grady Memorial Hospital, etc. Only half of the season has aired so far, meaning there is still a lot more material that could be brought to life in a maze. My only hope is that it's longer than last year's maze, which felt noticeably shorter than the other mazes at the event.

I may just be the only one not tired of The Walking Dead.

It's probably the Walking Dead since the Season 6 sweepstakes back in November confirmed the premiere would be in L.A again. 
Still hoping for a Jurassic World maze....the last JP maze 'Evilution' the footage from that maze got yanked off the internet when NBC did a copyright claim... to the point where http://www.makeupfx.no/UPfx/FO_Universal_HHN_Dinos.html <that is all Ive been able to find from the maze... With the Hybrid...they could easily do another maze themed like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ryan