Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The multiple brake runs were one of my biggest peeves about this ride. If they're cutting back on those increasing the speed of the ride, I'm all for it. Thanks for updates and welcome to OU, Blushing Crow & company! The question now is, did the belt running actually make any difference?

Yes, it made a huge difference.
Because they have stopped braking the trains as much, the cars are going a lot faster. Which they've done, according to a TM, so they can get more trains on and off the tracks to keep up with the belt.
And normally I'm all for it as well, speed is better, but the second time I rode it, the speed was higher enough to be hazardous on the ride.
So yes, the belt running makes a large difference.

**Edit: Apologies, for some reason, this did not post as a reply to Roll N' Fear, as I meant to.

One of our followers on Twitter, justinj2, said that the ride seemed a lot faster when he rode it. Also, they had the back row for each car closed off so instead of loading 12, it loaded 8.

I just got back from the parks and rode HRRR. The moving platform was working of course. It was definetly faster. I sat in the back row today and didn't see any of the back rows blocked off. There was the occasional seat here or there but that was it.

When we got to the treble clef, I could tell the biggest difference. I "greyed out" the whole way through until the brake run. I've NEVER had that happen before on the ride.

I just got back from the parks and rode HRRR. The moving platform was working of course. It was definetly faster. I sat in the back row today and didn't see any of the back rows blocked off. There was the occasional seat here or there but that was it.

When we got to the treble clef, I could tell the biggest difference. I "greyed out" the whole way through until the brake run. I've NEVER had that happen before on the ride.

So in your opinion --- is it a better ride now? Or too much?

The thrill was upped and it seemed like the loading process was easier and quicker. The ride itself was better but really, it was just faster. I don't think it was too much.

I probably should have clarified that he tweeted this news to us on Friday. :lol:

Thanks for the info!

No problem. If anyone has any more questions, feel free to ask. I'll try my best to answer them. :thumbs:

I can see RRR from my bedroom window, and I wanted to share a simple observation I've made. Before the movin walkway came online, trains would be sent between every 45 seconds and a minute, 15 seconds. There was NO consistency. With the moving walkway, trains are being sent consistently every 53.5 seconds. It's that consistent, obviously since the walkway moves at a constant speed and doesn't stop. It is important to note that the walkway isn't cutting down the wait time much yet. It is helping some but expect it to improve SIGNIFICANTLY when Universal speeds the train up. I read in an article a while back that the system is designed to send trains every 28 seconds. When it gets to that the wait times will be nearly half of what they are now!

I can see RRR from my bedroom window, and I wanted to share a simple observation I've made. Before the movin walkway came online, trains would be sent between every 45 seconds and a minute, 15 seconds. There was NO consistency. With the moving walkway, trains are being sent consistently every 53.5 seconds. It's that consistent, obviously since the walkway moves at a constant speed and doesn't stop. It is important to note that the walkway isn't cutting down the wait time much yet. It is helping some but expect it to improve SIGNIFICANTLY when Universal speeds the train up. I read in an article a while back that the system is designed to send trains every 28 seconds. When it gets to that the wait times will be nearly half of what they are now!

I think wait times will eventually improve..they almost have to with over a year of working on it but at the same time I think you are giving people too much credit at 28 seconds. The fact that it constantly moves will make people want to back out and do a "I wanna ride I don't wanna ride" shuffle and the belt will often have to stop.

Well we rode it today. The back 2 rows were not being used. Someone on our twitter suggested that it could be test different speeds. Our ride seems a bit faster then usual, but not by a lot.

BTW, the Blue Man Group track syncs up well :thumbs:

Well we rode it today. The back 2 rows were not being used. Someone on our twitter suggested that it could be test different speeds. Our ride seems a bit faster then usual, but not by a lot.

BTW, the Blue Man Group track syncs up well :thumbs:

I had a problem with the Blue Man Group track. Well, Drumbone, not the other one. It just wasn't loud enough. I heard my neighbor's music as well as my own. I'll probably head out tomorrow for Mardi Gras and finally get to ride this baby with the belt. I'm looking forward to it.

You know we maybe should have gotten a shot of HRRR. Oh well 8 mins is really shorteer than it sounds.

:thumbs: I sneaked a few.

rockit.png

I'm positively going there - if it's July or other time when turismos (including Brazilian tour groups) are prominent, I'll be picking "I Will Survive!!!"