Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 195 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I understand a lot of people think it's an eyesore, but I appreciate the fact that's it one of the only non-box-shaped structures in the park. Beyond that, I think it's a phenomenal ride - it looks cool, it's fun, and the non-inverting loop is an incredible ride element. Yeah, it can ride a bit rough at times, but it's nothing unbearable. The only thing I wish would be added / changed is the addition of Express Pass to it - whenever we visit Universal, we always get the passes. It would make our day much more enjoyable if we were guaranteed a ride on the coaster without waiting at least an hour.

What is the deal with them not adding express to this already? Its been long enough right. Maybe waiting for Transformers and Potter 2 to open perhaps?

It just can't handle the capacity issues. I don't think we will ever see it at this point.

I asked a team member at Rockit once about the Express situation a long time ago, and I can't remember what he said exactly, but basically chalked up to with the way the ride is it just wouldn't work to have express, and it would be just as long as the regular wait.

Still refuse to ride this ride, I'll hold everyone's stuff. After the soft opening which gave me a headache for two days and a few other rough rides, I'm done.

I really do love this ride when it doesn't kill my neck. Although I find it unsettling that every time I do ride there are always some seats that are closed on certain trains.

Does anyone have info about this?
I've seen them only load the back 3 rows in some trains and then just random seats closed off on other trains just about every time I go.

I finally had the pleasure of riding the bad train when I came down for HHN.

Lol you guys think that's rough? I guess there aren't many old woodies in Florida for you to compare it to.

Yea. It's "rough" in that it's not completely smooth. But it's no where near "Oh my god my brain is going to explode" rough like a lot of the coasters I've been on.

Its no American Scream machine. UGH That thing gave me neck pain for hours.

Which one, I've been on a few and there all terrible. I will say, although not a fan of Rockit it's no where near the most painful coaster I've been on.

Python was the worst I've been on. And all that did was give me a few headaches, I'm sure the others mentioned here are much less pleasant.