Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah I know just with all the speculation of all new speakers and on board computers going in, I thought I would share.

I'm not kidding, this ride has grown on me over the years. Has been about 2 years since my last ride and I forgot how enjoyable it is. Some great drops and some awesome airtime and the car I had wasn't really rough by my standards. The lift hill did have me a little nervous though lol

So the steel cage could be either the walkway underneath to the sound stages (Silent Hill entrance, Gothic/Dead End exit area), or (and I think more likely) work on the firehouse facade. Evidently they've been wanting to work on that a bit with some wood coming off in the structure. Also, expect Universal's Q-Bot implementation to make its way over from IOA to USF soon, specifically Rockit.

So the steel cage could be either the walkway underneath to the sound stages (Silent Hill entrance, Gothic/Dead End exit area), or (and I think more likely) work on the firehouse facade. Evidently they've been wanting to work on that a bit with some wood coming off in the structure. Also, expect Universal's Q-Bot implementation to make its way over from IOA to USF soon, specifically Rockit.

What is this Q-Bot thing?

They've been testing/using it over at IOA since this summer, it is a queue reservation system and is used in Six Flags and other amusement parks. Basically it looks like a little Tomogachi/Giga Pet and you can reserve ride times (think like a digital FastPass). I've never used it anywhere, so I don't know much more than that.