Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Better. Have two lines.

Line 1:
Pick your song in booths, and get an "interplanetary passport" which has your song code on it. The TM at the front of the line scans your card into the seat, and that song plays.

Line 2:
Regular queue line. Your song is random.

I actually like that. So people who could care less (or re-rides) don't have to wait longer for people to choose.

I thinnk there will be plenty of time to pick your song while standing in line. But I doubt that you will be able to preview the songs, just scroll through a list and pick a song and get a code # that you punch in before the train leaves the station.

Here would be how long the lines would be.
Random Song: 5 minutes
Pick Song: 200 minutes and getting longer because Bob can't decide on his song. :lol:

I see where your going with it, but how many songs are going to be on this ride? I don't know, but if it is only like 50 or so, it wouldn't be that long for someone to pick a song. Besides, most of these songs are popular and people wouldn't have to sample songs unless they wanted to. Oh by the way, thanks DisneyBoi1215 for the comment!:thumbs:

I like your idea PineappleOasis, but I have one small idea to add on:

Why note have them give you some iPod-like device that lets you preview all of the songs as you walk through the queue, and give it to a Team Member as you board. Once that was done, Universal could go two ways with this: Sync the device with a special computer so that your song would automaticallly be chosen, or have it so you pick from the seat, now that you know what you want.

that would be cool, but could they pull it off? Handing an "iPod" to every single person in the queue? It's sad, but I don't think they could be trusted in certain hands. Maybe just a computer screen before you enter the station, and a certain amount of people choose their song, and once everyone chooses their separate song, it's programmed into the train and they're off.

that would be cool, but could they pull it off? Handing an "iPod" to every single person in the queue? It's sad, but I don't think they could be trusted in certain hands. Maybe just a computer screen before you enter the station, and a certain amount of people choose their song, and once everyone chooses their separate song, it's programmed into the train and they're off.

I probably didn't elaborate enough. If they did this, you would need to give them back the "iPod" so that you can go on the ride. They could beef up security around the queue, maybe. :shrug: But PineappleOasis' idea is great on its own, I just wanted to see if my idea and his/hers (Which is it?) could work together to make one great one.

Why not just have the song selection when you have been assigned a row and are lined up behind the loading gates waiting for the next train to pull in? :shrug:

That sounds lame and an exact replica of ET's naming system. Double lame.

How is it lame? Please elaborate.
And if you actually read and understood my post, you'd see that "interplanetary passport" was in quotations, meaning that wouldn't be the exact name, just similar technology.

Why not just have the song selection when you have been assigned a row and are lined up behind the loading gates waiting for the next train to pull in? :shrug:

That's a great idea. I can't believe nobody thought of it here... :bonk:

Because some people might want to ride with there friends and if the rows are broken into genres I wouldn't be able to ride with my friends who like rap, or my dad who likes more classic rock.

I probably didn't elaborate enough. If they did this, you would need to give them back the "iPod" so that you can go on the ride. They could beef up security around the queue, maybe. :shrug: But PineappleOasis' idea is great on its own, I just wanted to see if my idea and his/hers (Which is it?) could work together to make one great one.

Thanks, and I'm a guy(and proud of it!:lol:)

I haven't been on the new SSE, but I know they have computer screens infront of you. How bout they have that infront of you, and you have 45 seconds while the train is loading, and if your time is up, it chooses randomly.

I haven't been on the new SSE, but I know they have computer screens infront of you. How bout they have that infront of you, and you have 45 seconds while the train is loading, and if your time is up, it chooses randomly.

I like your idea better than the 2-line one. It would make the lines go by a little bit faster if they had a system like that.

Great idea, but I thought that Universal was already going to do that. If not, then great idea d a n n y!:thumbs:

Z0MG I DID SOMETHING RIGHT!! :p

Yes, except for two things:

1. You need to have a z after 'SOMETHING'
2. You need at least twenty more exclamation marks, plus a few ones
3. To add to #2, even though it would kind of make it obvious that it was on purpose, add a 'ONE' after a few 1's, like this: Z0MG I DID SOMETHINGZ RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111110NE

You still have a good plan. I can't believe anybody else here didn't think about that. Why not spend a few years learning some Engineering and Art skills, work for Disney, rise up the ranks as an Imagineer, purposely get laid off by them, then work for Universal and give them all of Disney's secrets for their next uber-awesome dark ride? :lol:

Oh, and thanks for clearing things up PineappleOasis. :lol:

Yes, except for two things:

1. You need to have a z after 'SOMETHING'
2. You need at least twenty more exclamation marks, plus a few ones
3. To add to #2, even though it would kind of make it obvious that it was on purpose, add a 'ONE' after a few 1's, like this: Z0MG I DID SOMETHINGZ RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111110NE

You still have a good plan. I can't believe anybody else here didn't think about that. Why not spend a few years learning some Engineering and Art skills, work for Disney, rise up the ranks as an Imagineer, purposely get laid by them, then work for Universal and give them all of Disney's secrets for their next uber-awesome dark ride? :lol:

Oh, and thanks for clearing things up PineappleOasis. :lol:

I'm in.