Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 249 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Let’s try to keep this discussion focused on HRRR, please.

Maybe continue this topic over here:

I don't look at HRRR any differently than I do Lost Continent. Truly believe its lifespan has about just as long, we haven't seen a major coaster last 20 years without at least a serious refurbishment. HRRR is at 15 now. I can't imagine UNI doing anything but scrapping the ride and calling intamin or mack, if they haven't already.

Rode RRR the other day. Really want Universal to re-track RRR before it turns 20 and just give the whole attraction a major overhaul. Still a fun ride, but it's def starting to show its age.

Though, it was super fun to listen to Sandstorm lol.

Reactions: Nico
I wonder what the layout will look like? I'm assuming it'll be the same space, with maybe a little extra room near the Blue Man Group building.
It'd be something if they brought back the original concept for the ride and have the track extend into CityWalk a bit.

I think that plan also included the coaster being open after USF closed at one point? Reminds me of the rumor for Celestial Park's rides staying open when the rest of EU closes so it'd be interesting if they do that here.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
With Universal's (likely) winning streak with family coasters after Hagrid's and Wing Gliders, I think the most appropriate replacement for RRR given it's location (and I know some will groan because it isn't a new suggestion)... Super Silly Fun Land Coaster. With Simpsons likely on the way out in upcoming years, it would be less jarring having an immersive que that is the amusement park midway (like Simpsons) and it is in my own opinion the best use of the space. Personally, RRR already seems out of place now that Minions Land is open, and a non screen based Minions ride would likely be VERY well received by general guests. Just my 2 cents though.

Reactions: OrlLover
With Universal's (likely) winning streak with family coasters after Hagrid's and Wing Gliders, I think the most appropriate replacement for RRR given it's location (and I know some will groan because it isn't a new suggestion)... Super Silly Fun Land Coaster. With Simpsons likely on the way out in upcoming years, it would be less jarring having an immersive que that is the amusement park midway (like Simpsons) and it is in my own opinion the best use of the space. Personally, RRR already seems out of place now that Minions Land is open, and a non screen based Minions ride would likely be VERY well received by general guests. Just my 2 cents though.
I get what you are saying but and I’d be down for it as long as they replaced it with a Velocicoaster/Starfall Racers equivalent in say the back of the park. I feel like every park at UOR should have at least one coaster like that.

Reactions: Nico and Tobias
I get what you are saying but and I’d be down for it as long as they replaced it with a Velocicoaster/Starfall Racers equivalent in say the back of the park. I feel like every park at UOR should have at least one coaster like that.

Agreed, I don't really see them replacing a thrill coaster with a family coaster in this case. Since a better thrill coaster is no doubt going to be a major draw and USF having one of those is gonna' be good for it. And as others have mentioned, they could swap things around for the new coaster and have the station be in New York, so it's not part of Minion Land. (Technically, RRR is already in New York on the newer maps, which might feel like a sign there.)

Reactions: UPSguy and Nick
Agreed, I don't really see them replacing a thrill coaster with a family coaster in this case. Since a better thrill coaster is no doubt going to be a major draw and USF having one of those is gonna' be good for it. And as others have mentioned, they could swap things around for the new coaster and have the station be in New York, so it's not part of Minion Land. (Technically, RRR is already in New York on the newer maps, which might feel like a sign there.)
Plus, it seems like the only place they would have the space for a thrill coaster in USF would be the exact spot HRRR is in right now.

I’d also argue that USF already has 2 family coasters in Gringotts and Mummy, so there isnt really a need for another one.

Last edited:
Reactions: TylerG