Horror Movies Thread | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
and that 10M without paying writers, i honestly do not understand how they messed up so badly, some of these problems are baffling,
i know that it might be better to let jason die, but i want him back... its not fair, Ghostface came back, candyman returned, even leatherface is back, pinhead returned... chucky came back...
freddy and jason ironically both dead... wtf...
To be fair, wasn’t it a different Pinhead if I remember? Also Ghostface’s career may be tanked due to certain events (well technically I think it’s still kicking around, but it may not be worthwhile given what‘s up), and when were Candyman and Leatherface’s last showings again?
i think that they liquid latex to repair latex props, latex masks? i was reading for methods, and someone said he coated a decaying masks of his with silicone and had no problems. coat all masks in a super thin layer of window and trim silicone
using silicone to repair any damage and then treating the props with clear flex seal

but who knows
Do you know where you found this?

In celebration of Dead Exposure getting announced for Hollywood, I'm gonna draw attention to this really cool horror movie from 2015 called SAVAGELAND. Basically, imagine if Dead Exposure was a movie.

One day, an entire town on the border between Arizona and Mexico is massacred, seemingly by one guy. However, shortly before his execution, his camera is discovered, showing that something else may have been behind the slaughter. Something - some things - that werent human...

This movie is a clever mockumentary with a political edge that only occasionally strains disbelief (even with the implication that racism led to his conviction, you're telling me they all thought one guy did this?) It's probably most famous for the photos, these terrifying black and white things that show the carnage that enveloped the town. Here's just the first one:View attachment 22243

And they get worse! You can find it streaming free in most places. I think it's even on Youtube. Criminally underrated movie.

Watched this yesterday on the recommendation here and man is it a good take. Such a reinforcement to the idea that there's always a new way to tell a story that's been told dozens of times before in new, fresh ways. I love that you can practically see the version of the film the mockumentary is covering the events of in your head as it goes. Great cast, especially by the lead suspect with a surprisingly touching denouement. The photos he takes are astonishingly ghoulish and beautiful and macabre in the best ways, I love that they're not just outright still frames of super gore or attacks. Great little undiscovered gem here!

To be fair, wasn’t it a different Pinhead if I remember? Also Ghostface’s career may be tanked due to certain events (well technically I think it’s still kicking around, but it may not be worthwhile given what‘s up), and when were Candyman and Leatherface’s last showings again?
Candyman had a movie in 2021, Leatherface had a movie in 2022

... Isn't that just the same exact plot of M3gan but with an adult relationship instead of a childhood one?

Really reaching for the stars there.
With a competent director and writer this could be a really good and poignant concept.

Blumhouse I’m not confident at all.

I saw AQP: Day One last night. I think it's FANTASTIC. I really love how vague the marketing was. I truly felt really surprised with some of the things that unfolded in the movie. Lupita Nyong'o and Joseph Quinn are just amazing in this!! It's their movie and I love their chemistry together. Literally if they didn't work together this movie would've been bad lol. This movie just felt so human and didn't feel like a blockbuster despite all the action/suspense. The weirdest comparison I can make is that it felt like a pixar movie, specifically Wall-E. Imagine TLoU + WALL-E and that's this movie. Absolutely amazing stuff. My one complaint is that this movie was way too short. That's my problem with all 3 of these movies actually, spending more time with the characters would've been really nice. At least another 20 or so minutes. I highly recommend it though. It's quite good. I'm really hoping it comes to HHN next year tbh. They could reuse a lot of set pieces from GB: Frozen Empire since both take place in NYC and just use props from AQP 1&2 with the death angels.

Film Aquietplace GIF by A Quiet Place: Day One

On the whole, IN A VIOLENT NATURE (now available digitally) is very much a mixed bag, but I'd ultimately say slasher fans should still give it a look. The forest scenery is beautiful, and there are a couple of very impressive, grotesque kills that make you go, "Well, I've certainly never seen that before."

Its climax really deflates it, though, and even though those aforementioned kills are cool, they're so over-the-top that they feel at-odds with the tone of the rest of the movie.

Reactions: Clive
Its climax really deflates it, though, and even though those aforementioned kills are cool, they're so over-the-top that they feel at-odds with the tone of the rest of the movie.

The ending monologue gives the film such an incredible amount of depth and enriches it so much with themes of trauma and depression and anxiety and the nature of violence, I can not fall into the boat of people that think it's unnecessary or bad. It has a purpose and meaning, there is a reason it's the dead most tense scene in the entire movie and the central threat is no where to be found!

The ending monologue gives the film such an incredible amount of depth and enriches it so much with themes of trauma and depression and anxiety and the nature of violence, I can not fall into the boat of people that think it's unnecessary or bad. It has a purpose and meaning, there is a reason it's the dead most tense scene in the entire movie and the central threat is no where to be found!
I was not tense at all! I felt it made the movie fizzle out.

If I cared about the character(s) in the scene, perhaps I'd feel different, but I didn't.

I was not tense at all! I felt it made the movie fizzle out.

If I cared about the character(s) in the scene, perhaps I'd feel different, but I didn't.
Agree to disagree, I loved how truly and terrifically the lone survivor was distraught and how well the final scene played on slasher tropes to amplify the realistic terror she's suffering. You continue to expect Johnny to show himself for one final scare over and over and over but he never comes. I didn't need an entire movie with her character to see and feel how truly devastated and broken she was in that moment.
It's a deeper and divisive film and I kind of love that!