Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Horror Nights Wish List - Hollywood

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
From dream IP's, returning sequels, or originals - discuss what you would like to see tackled at a future HHN event at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Wishlist lineup:

- The Terminator

- Arkham Asylum

- Spawn

- Return Of The Living Dead

- Creature From The Black Lagoon

- Hellraiser

- Beetlejuice

- American Psycho

- Exterminatorz

This lineup is called "Never In a Million Years!" Featuring IP crossovers that will make you go "Pfffft, yeah right. Like that will ever happen.".

- Freddy vs Jason vs Ash

- Ghostbusters: The Curse of Pandoras Box

- Beetlejuice meets The Classic Monsters!

- Hollywood Harry and The Killer Klowns From Outer Space!

- Scream
- Hellraiser
- The Thing
- The Cabin in the Woods
- The Cornetto Trilogy
- Halloween 3
- Dead Space
- Resident Evil 7
- Alien
- Pink Floyd's the Wall
- AHS Asylum
- Candyman
- Jaws
- Hitchcock
- Night of the Living Dead
- Hollywood Harry Original

I know most people don't want another Ghostbusters maze, but I like to see a maze of an unused GB concept where they go to hell. Or maybe an original idea where the apocalypse happens and The Ghostbusters must save the world.

Last edited:
  • The Last of Us
  • Original Japanese/Chinese Urban Legend based maze
  • Cabin in The Wood's
  • Hellraiser
  • Hitchcock/Psycho
  • George A. Romero Living Dead series

A Psycho maze would totally work if they start from the beginning of Norman's interaction and murder of his mother (via Psycho 4) then straight to the first Psycho movie. Return of the Living Dead works as a far better maze than Night of the Living Dead.

I broke down some of how I'd want to see these done in the make your own event thread:
  • Tremors
  • The X-Files
  • 28 Years Later
  • Cabin in the Woods
  • The Orphanage
If we ever get another video game maze, I'd love Resident Evil. If Capcom ever actually revives Dino Crisis, I'd love that, too. Dead Space would be awesome as well, but since it doesn't seem like we'll ever be getting another game and the series isn't relevant like it once was, that ship's probably long sailed.

I mentioned in the general thread that Gremlins would be awesome, though it'll never happen, and while stuff like The Conjuring and Hellraiser seem long overdue, I'd thoroughly settle for a Buffy legacy maze when the show turns 25 in 2022. I'm also bitter that we never got AHS: Asylum; if they had done it, I would've been satisfied and content without mazes on more recent seasons just because it feels incomplete that we never got Asylum.

As for original stuff, if outside IPs are getting harder to get access to now, I'd be down to see the event keep branching out. I dug Holidayz in Hell, and will always have a soft spot for when La Llorona got a maze, but there are so many other creepy bits of history or cultures with spooky folklore that the team could really dive into (respectfully, of course). Something like The Ritual, with that creepy Jotunn monster, diving into Norse mythology, for instance, has the potential to be really slick. I'd hope they'd be great, but I'd also be glad if they try and end up underwhelming and at least be able to learn from their mistakes and improve rather than rest on their laurels and shove The Purge down our throats. Again.

I know most people don't want another Ghostbusters maze, but I like to see a maze of an unused GB concept where they go to hell. Or maybe an original idea where the apocalypse happens and The Ghostbusters must save the world.

I would've been okay with this. The reason I hated GB is because it was a book report house. That would be fine if...you know...IT WAS LEGITIMATELY SCARY.

Ugh, I truly hope we're done with the property if it's not something like your proposal.

Last edited:
I would've been okay with this. The reason I hated GB is because it was a book report house. That would be fine if...you know...IT WAS LEGITIMATELY SCARY.

Ugh, I truly hope we're done with the property if it's not something like your proposal.
I also hope they could try to do the video game. There is so MUCH to use to make it scary such as Ivo Shandor, Spider-Witch, The Collector, and more.

You know what I would like to see as a house? Vampyre: Castle of the Undead....the original version.

Waaaay back when HHN 2010 was underway, Murdy was talking about how he planned Vampyre to go in the Shrek queue. Then the NoES remake was a thing so they bumped it to a HoH overlay. Now that originals are *finally* getting some recognition, I would love to see that house come to fruition.

Just finished the Witcher on Netflix and gotta say, I do hope we actually get The Witcher as a maze.
They can use the kikimora, striga, Sylvin, nekkers, the Doppler, Djinn possessed Yennefer, The Golden Dragon, and even Geralt himself.

Last edited: