Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they’re trying to thread the needle to encourage upsells like RIP/Express while still having the event be navigable

Well, I actually believe the problem are not the houses - originals go down to less than 20 minutes the last 90 minutes or so (posted times are heavily inaccurate).

I just think the event needs something to absorb the 9-12 crush.

I think they’re trying to thread the needle to encourage upsells like RIP/Express while still having the event be navigable
Waiting 45 minutes in a 75 minute line does nothing to sell Express, especially when there's no Express line to exit the house. Doesn't make the cluster that is Shipyard any more entertaining, either.

@UniversalRBLX nails it, park just too crowded at peak. Even if the park had a third less guests, I would still consider Express a necessity.

USH has shown they can use the same stage (and stunts) for an HHN show... so UOR could easily pull it off as well at Bourne. Pair it with a lagoon show, and you have 3 options to choose from during that 9-12 crush when you need a break from the switchback queues.
I think Bourne would probably be a bigger lift than Water World to make a temp show. Not saying they shouldn’t do it, but it’s not as simple as changing Water World over when night falls.

I think they should absolutely have more shows and stuff, but I also think it wouldn’t make a difference in how crowded the event is. It’s just too popular, and outside of pricing folks out or changing the entire FFP structure, I don’t see shows changing that.

I think Bourne would probably be a bigger lift than Water World to make a temp show. Not saying they shouldn’t do it, but it’s not as simple as changing Water World over when night falls.

I think they should absolutely have more shows and stuff, but I also think it wouldn’t make a difference in how crowded the event is. It’s just too popular, and outside of pricing folks out or changing the entire FFP structure, I don’t see shows changing that.

There are a lot of options to consider (like cutting Express from Frequent Fear altogether), but I'd like for them to try a stage show first before they start taking drastic actions by increasing prices to ridiculous rates, reservations, etc. I don't believe another house would alleviate wait times, nor would another scare zone. The park is bursting at the seams, and something has to be done.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
There are a lot of options to consider (like cutting Express from Frequent Fear altogether), but I'd like for them to try a stage show first before they start taking drastic actions by increasing prices to ridiculous rates, reservations, etc. I don't believe another house would alleviate wait times, nor would another scare zone. The park is bursting at the seams, and something has to be done.
Again, sure, every new offering is great. No reason not to stick a magic show like they used to have in Animal Actors either. More offerings is always good.

I just dont think, realistically, anything will have an affect on crowds outside of limiting the people coming in the gate one way or another.

I have no idea what proportion of tickets sold are RoF/FF/FF+/UF with express so it may be minimal, and I hate to say this, but there's no chance they'll cut off their highest spending guests.

The people I know who have bought those in the past would not go a single night if those went away.

I don't see them cutting it altogether, but anything from the simple (swapping Sunday for Friday) to the complex (some type of dreaded reservation system) seems possible.

But the obvious answer remains obnoxiously huge price increases, to make up for years of refusing to budge on that issue. I know back in spec season Brian argued there's a ceiling, but honestly it feels like we're on the 50-yard-line and that ceiling is the Texas Dome. When MNSSHP gets more for a single night than a FFP, you need a major re-evaluation. Honestly for the best, not just revenue-wise -- if kids can only go once or twice a season, makes the event more special, doesn't risk becoming the equivalent of hanging at the mall in the 80s..

There are a lot of options to consider (like cutting Express from Frequent Fear altogether), but I'd like for them to try a stage show first before they start taking drastic actions

Honestly, if they took the budgets from SF and Central Park, no one outside these boards would miss those zones at this point. Too crowded to function even on medium nights.

I don't see them cutting it altogether, but anything from the simple (swapping Sunday for Friday) to the complex (some type of dreaded reservation system) seems possible.

But the obvious answer remains obnoxiously huge price increases, to make up for years of refusing to budge on that issue. I know back in spec season Brian argued there's a ceiling, but honestly it feels like we're on the 50-yard-line and that ceiling is the Texas Dome. When MNSSHP gets more for a single night than a FFP, you need a major re-evaluation. Honestly for the best, not just revenue-wise -- if kids can only go once or twice a season, makes the event more special, doesn't risk becoming the equivalent of hanging at the mall in the 80s..

Honestly, if they took the budgets from SF and Central Park, no one outside these boards would miss those zones at this point. Too crowded to function even on medium nights.

Can they just cut adding any theming and decorations for SF and central park but add some lights and have some chainsaws on both? I still like having actors around

Yeah - I know us fans don't want to pay more... but there's obviously demand out there. Never put it together that one night at Not So Scary is the same price as Rush of Fear.

I'd like for them to try the SF zone one more time without artificially blocking the pathway with props before getting rid of it completely.

When MNSSHP gets more for a single night than a FFP, you need a major re-evaluation. Honestly for the best, not just revenue-wise -- if kids can only go once or twice a season, makes the event more special, doesn't risk becoming the equivalent of hanging at the mall in the 80s..
THIS.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yeah, the answer to anything being making it more expensive in the times we live in is, quite frankly, a little disgusting and gross.

Figure something out, don't cut people out via money. Yearly incremental increases because 'more profits!' is one thing, this is disturbingly different. If kids want to go every weekend and can afford it because of their parents or otherwise, let them. You'll live with waiting in line an extra 25 minutes for a haunted house attraction.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but what if they did a house based on the Boys Amazon prime series? I think it would actually make for a really good dark humor house. Or maybe even a scarezone.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but what if they did a house based on the Boys Amazon prime series? I think it would actually make for a really good dark humor house. Or maybe even a scarezone.
Love Boys, but makes no sense at HHN.

Been mulling over some various things I'd love to see, and there's a select few.

John Carpenter's The Thing, or another licensed original a la' The Thing: Assimilation. - The film is one of my all-time favs, so it's a Dream IP for me.

Hellraiser - Gotta' side with @Brian G. on this, there's a lot you can work with here.

The Quarry (or any kind of house where you have to make a choice or two) - Thanks to Dueling Dragons: CTF having a branching path at the end, it got me thinking of incorporating that gimmick a bit more into a house. While it would be a little tricky, I think it could be doable if you put this in one of the larger soundstages so they have the space to include a couple branching paths to take. Maybe even make it a megahouse of sorts in terms of a larger cast to support all the routes. There can be fun potential for that type of house, be it an original, or an IP from Supermassive games such as Until Dawn or The Quarry which plays with multiple choices.

And finally...

Five Nights at Freddy's - This is another Dream IP of mine, as I absolutely love the concept. Yes, it certainly has its challenges in how they pull it off, but concept is truly fitting for the event. Also, during my visit to the event last weekend, I came across a bunch of guests and TM's who really want this house as well. As I've said before, I feel the movie just has to do decent, and that's all they need to greenlight it for next year...though considering the characters are featured in the Lobby for the Blumhouse show in Hollywood, it's most likely already at the ready.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
As I've said before, I feel the movie just has to do decent, and that's all they need to greenlight it for next year...
Even if the FNaF movie isn't a big hit, I still think its odds are very strong. FNaF is a very popular IP with the general public, possibly even moreso than TLoU. Personally, I feel like like it's a lock for next year, and I wouldn't be suprised if we got an early announcement for it this Halloween to tie in with the movie release.

Even if the FNaF movie isn't a big hit, I still think its odds are very strong. FNaF is a very popular IP with the general public, possibly even moreso than TLoU. Personally, I feel like like it's a lock for next year, and I wouldn't be suprised if we got an early announcement for it this Halloween to tie in with the movie release.
Totally agreed, I should've prefaced that with it being a Blumhouse film *aka* having a relatively low budget, its can be very easy to have more than a decent pull on opening weekend alone. (The budget is estimated at $25 million which is a smidge higher than other Blum films, but still, not a hard bar to clear.)

Reactions: mccgavin
While we're on the topic, video game IP's I'd love to see:
  • Five Nights at Freddy's - As already discussed, I truly think this is a lock-in for next year and will get an early Halloween announcement. Honestly, I also think it would lead as the main headliner.

• Bloodborne - TLoU is owned by Naughty Dog, which is owned by Sony, who owns Bloodborne. Perfect setting and so, so much potential for creature designs and scares. Beautiful sets as well.

• Silent Hill - Just do it right this time.

• Resident Evil - Also just do it right this time (seen videos of it, not a fan of the 2013 house).

• Dead Space - With the remake giving the series a revival (and with remakes of 2 and 3 all but confirmed), plus a movie in early production, I think this is actually one we could see in the not-so-far future.

• Dead by Daylight - With Blumhouse officially making a movie, I think it's now just a matter of when for this to happen.

• Until Dawn - Been a fan of this game since it came out, still one of the best horror games you can find, and still one of my most wanted IPs. So much potential for settings with the asylum, lodge and mines, and of course lots of scare potential with the Psycho and wendigos.

• DOOM - Badass, gore-filled house with BFG Division blasting as you encounter demons and of course Doomguy himself. That is all.

• BioShock - While I've never been able to find proper videos of the full house, I know Saws N' Steam is considered the closest we've ever gotten to this. However, with BioShock: Isolation still in development, and Netflix now making the movie, I have hope we can step into Rapture at HHN!

• Fallout - Take any of the horrific Vaults, or heck, create an original vault for the event, and make your way through the radiated corridors within, filled with mutated and horrific creatures.

• Horrors of D&D - Just take the darker and scarier enemies/settings and throw them into a house. Underdark, Curse of Strahd, etc.

I’ve been thinking a lot of UCM lately, but would be your dream Classic Monsters crossover maze?
For me, I’d be interested to see these two duke it out:
IMG_4682.jpegIMG_4681.jpeg
I suppose I call it Universal Monsters: Out of This World!
Now, important to note, I found this from Universal Monsters Wiki that reads; “In Paul Di Filippo's novel Time's Black Lagoon, the Gill-man is depicted as descending from a race of extraterrestrials who came to Earth during the Devonian period on a giant spaceship called The Mother. The Gill-people have the ability to communicate telepathically among themselves and among the human characters.”

There’s your connection of why those two would work. And you know what? I think I just found my dream maze crossover!