Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looked it up. Sounds like DS to me?
Well, Karver is a crazy person turning the people who enter his theater into puppets. Dead Silence is a ghost story about a dead, vengeful puppeteer, which partially took place in a theater. It’s the difference between Haunting of Hill House and Silence of the Lambs.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Well, Karver is a crazy person turning the people who enter his theater into puppets. Dead Silence is a ghost story about a dead, vengeful puppeteer, which partially took place in a theater. It’s the difference between Haunting of Hill House and Silence of the Lambs.

I take it then the earthquake rumor was completely false.

In the end, I guess the topic of originality (not talking about original vs. IP, talking about novelty) boils down to this:

I mean really, it feels like creatively (not just HHN but entertainment in general) we've just about done it all at some point or another.

Last edited:
I highly doubt this would ever be included, but I love Ready or Not and I kinda wish if they can’t do that one, that they’d do an original take on it. I get why they’d be hesitant to do that movie (religion + irrelevance), but I feel like an original take on, like, a deranged billionaire family playing hide & seek to kill could be fun. And if they were able to get that creepy song, or something like it, that’d be cool imo.

I highly doubt this would ever be included, but I love Ready or Not and I kinda wish if they can’t do that one, that they’d do an original take on it. I get why they’d be hesitant to do that movie (religion + irrelevance), but I feel like an original take on, like, a deranged billionaire family playing hide & seek to kill could be fun. And if they were able to get that creepy song, or something like it, that’d be cool imo.

Could be a basis for a Hive sequel (“Hive Society”).

Reactions: Allison
Could be a basis for a Hive sequel (“Hive Society”).

To me though, Hive was seemingly a true horror house, where as Ready or Not was more of a really violent, gory comedy with horror elements. So, if I could have that wish, I think I’d want it to stick to those roots-I only mention it cause I know your preferences are more towards straight up horror.

Like, for me, I’d lump an eccentric billionaire Milton Bradley type empire family that kills people in with H.R. Bloodengutz, Leave It To Cleaver, that kinda thing.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
To me though, Hive was seemingly a true horror house, where as Ready or Not was more of a really violent, gory comedy with horror elements. So, if I could have that wish, I think I’d want it to stick to those roots-I only mention it cause I know your preferences are more towards straight up horror.

Like, for me, I’d lump an eccentric billionaire Milton Bradley type empire family that kills people in with H.R. Bloodengutz, Leave It To Cleaver, that kinda thing.

Fair. I do like one (MAYBE two) light house a year. Everything else being “straight” horror helps the light houses stand out in a more positive way, yknow? The thing is, they’ve been kind of crunched for “straight” horror IPs the last few years, so they’ve had to turn to lighter IPs to really sell the event. So I just think it’s best for the originals to stick to being “straight” horror in the meantime. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Grabnar and Allison
My dream house is IT 1990, do you think there’s a realistic possibility they will ever do that house?
1990? Zero chance.
There was a little bit of chatter that it could happen in 2017, when Chapter 1 came out. Thinking was if WB won’t sell the rights to the new movie, we’ll try to get the rights to the old movie (going around the hurdle like they did with The Shining). Obviously, that didn’t happen. It may not have even gotten that far as an idea. But now that the new version is so popular, it makes the old version unviable as something Universal would go after.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
There was a little bit of chatter that it could happen in 2017, when Chapter 1 came out. Thinking was if WB won’t sell the rights to the new movie, we’ll try to get the rights to the old movie (going around the hurdle like they did with The Shining). Obviously, that didn’t happen. It may not have even gotten that far as an idea. But now that the new version is so popular, it makes the old version unviable as something Universal would go after.
I also suspect IT 1990 would be after King started retaining some rights, might be he would have some say, in which case it'd never happen.

Three for me:

Sad that we won’t see the Billie Eilish house, but what if we got a house from The Weeknd? Same idea, a maze that uses his music and iconography to take you into his head. Considering songs like “The Hills” and “In the Night”, I think it’d go over well.

If Disney were more lenient on licensing Fox stuff, or could make some type of exchange with Universal, I’d be all over a house based on Phantom of the Paradise - even if it’s considered too obscure. I’m imagining scares based on the split-screen car bomb sequence from that movie, as well as translating the sniper from its finale as a screen transition, a la House of 1000 Corpses.

...and no, I’ll never stop fighting for a Transformers house. The nostalgia for the original cartoon and Beast Wars, as well as the great number of “scary” characters (and characters who can be made scary), like the Terrorcons and Dinobots, make me think you could have something like Ark Under Siege, in which the Autobots’ titular base finally comes under fire from the Decepticons, and you get sent in to provide backup...can you make it out alive?

Three for me:

Sad that we won’t see the Billie Eilish house, but what if we got a house from The Weeknd? Same idea, a maze that uses his music and iconography to take you into his head. Considering songs like “The Hills” and “In the Night”, I think it’d go over well.

If Disney were more lenient on licensing Fox stuff, or could make some type of exchange with Universal, I’d be all over a house based on Phantom of the Paradise - even if it’s considered too obscure. I’m imagining scares based on the split-screen car bomb sequence from that movie, as well as translating the sniper from its finale as a screen transition, a la House of 1000 Corpses.

...and no, I’ll never stop fighting for a Transformers house. The nostalgia for the original cartoon and Beast Wars, as well as the great number of “scary” characters (and characters who can be made scary), like the Terrorcons and Dinobots, make me think you could have something like Ark Under Siege, in which the Autobots’ titular base finally comes under fire from the Decepticons, and you get sent in to provide backup...can you make it out alive?
"Band" houses largely don't work IMO

I know they don't have enough under their belt...but so far they've been rather lackluster (both coasts speaking)

Main reason I wasn't all that pumped about Eilish