Howl-O-Scream 2021 (SeaWorld Orlando) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Howl-O-Scream 2021 (SeaWorld Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For people buying and considering different ticket options...
I see that there is an option for a dual park Howl-O-Scream ticket at Busch and Seaworld priced at $80. Which is weird considering that at the moment both individual tickets are $30. Where is that extra $20 going?
Overall kinda confusing. Am I missing something?

I see that there is an option for a dual park Howl-O-Scream ticket at Busch and Seaworld priced at $80. Which is weird considering that at the moment both individual tickets are $30. Where is that extra $20 going?

The $30 is only for the Friday's in September, Saturdays are $35. Goes up to $45 in October, these dual park tickets based on how it appears on the website are good for any day. Just need a reservation. So it's like a middle ground price to pick the day you want.

Individual tickets start at $30, but many dates are higher than that. The dual park ticket is strictly $80 no matter when you go.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Not gonna lie part of me is wondering if Tampa got rid of Blackspot so Orlando can have a pirate themed house
Or Orlando just gets Black Spot. They routinely move houses between events.
I fear this may be worse news for the various smaller independent haunts around town than BGT.
Yep. Haunts like A Petrified Forest are boned. They were already challenged to cut through the marketing noise of HHN to establish themselves as a cheap alternative. HoSO adds to the noise with a “mid-tier” event that’ll be cheaper than HHN but with the perception of equitable quality.

#SupportLocalHaunts
They have a whole section of classrooms in the right front sector of the park. Almost more like convention space (I did Team Member bingo in there one night). Could probably find room for a tent or two back there as well, or maybe where they did Rudolph meet & greets. Wild Arctic might work as well. Possibly Turtle Trek? Or the manatee exhibit? If they need to spread the event out.

If we are armchair designing, an underwater themed haunt in Shark Encounter would be on the short side but also kind of incredible.
They have lots of space in their convention area. High schools actually host dances there. They could easily have two houses and queues back there alone. Turtle Trek can get a house too. And I wouldn’t be surprised if they did an outdoor haunt in one of their queues.

The bigger question is if they’ll section off the park like they do at the other SeaWorld HoS.

Or Orlando just gets Black Spot. They routinely move houses between events.

Yep. Haunts like A Petrified Forest are boned. They were already challenged to cut through the marketing noise of HHN to establish themselves as a cheap alternative. HoSO adds to the noise with a “mid-tier” event that’ll be cheaper than HHN but with the perception of equitable quality.

#SupportLocalHaunts

They have lots of space in their convention area. High schools actually host dances there. They could easily have two houses and queues back there alone. Turtle Trek can get a house too. And I wouldn’t be surprised if they did an outdoor haunt in one of their queues.

The bigger question is if they’ll section off the park like they do at the other SeaWorld HoS.

Not sure where he found this, but it looks like it may be based on this info.

""

Well then, this might be one of the more surprising announcements we've seen in a while! (Might successfully draw attention away from no word about Ice Breaker.)

I'm in general agreement with most folks, a lil bit of competition to HHN doesn't hurt. Just look at the West Coast with HHN and Knott's, since HHN lit a fire under Knott's and they bounced back in amazing ways. Though there's also a catch-22 about competition, if you wanna' shake things up, you do have to bring it with your event. So if The Black Spot is moved to SW, I don't think that's gonna' shake things up unless they somehow make the house good.

I also agree that this is probably not the best of news for the local haunts, with HoS being a cheaper alternative to HHN, that's gonna' cut into business.

Either way, this is honestly unexpected! I wish them best of luck and look forward to seeing what they bring.

I'm in general agreement with most folks, a lil bit of competition to HHN doesn't hurt. Just look at the West Coast with HHN and Knott's, since HHN lit a fire under Knott's and they bounced back in amazing ways. Though there's also a catch-22 about competition, if you wanna' shake things up, you do have to bring it with your event. So if The Black Spot is moved to SW, I don't think that's gonna' shake things up unless they somehow make the house good.
Assuming they have a decent number of houses, one mediocre one isn't the end of the world. Even in their worst years, HOS is still a good time and a great HHN alternative that offers a pretty different experience.

I'm excited about this, but does Sea World really think they can run two successful HOS's that are in such close proximity to each other?

if the new houses are different enough, i think everyone wiill want to see them. and there are a lot of] locals that never visited the tampa event.
i guess the question really is of how will the Tampa Event suffer from this.
if reviews come in, and the orlando event is too similar to tampa, i could see a problem here.]
i would hope that the new houses feel very different from tampa. bringing two houses from tampa already is a problem lol.
this is extremely interesting news and a big giant surprise, ive always wondered and fantasized over a halloween event in Sea World. this will answer a decades old question, even if i dont visit, this is truly incredible to see.
maybe it will be underwhelming, maybe the houses wont be that great, but wow...i cant believe it,
i hope they make it amazing

(I hope to dear god that there will be a multiple day pass)

I would set expectations to what sea world San Antonio did in 2019. I would imagine ~5 houses and possibly not the whole park open. I can't imagine then going too big as I feel like this is a test run to see how big the market truly is.

SeaWorld Orlando made an absolute shocker of an announcement this afternoon as they revealed that they will be bringing Howl-O-Scream to the park for this upcoming haunt season.

You could seal the doors to the habitat and exit the backway
Not sure where it is, but I know for people that have medical conditions to the cold can be redirected and taken another way to leave the ride.