Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ICON Park

I think Merlin has the wheel, the wax museum, and the aquarium (so this time since it is the wheel). But I think stuff like the swings, the drop tower, and the sling shut are all the 'slingshot group' or something like that.
The swings ia 3rd party, but a separate one from the drop tower and slingshot.

I think Merlin has the wheel, the wax museum, and the aquarium (so this time since it is the wheel). But I think stuff like the swings, the drop tower, and the sling shut are all the 'slingshot group' or something like that.

It's unfortunate, but guests assume everything is connected. I've heard the restaurants (all third party) took a hit after the drop tower tragedy, this isn't going to help matters.

It's unfortunate, but guests assume everything is connected. I've heard the restaurants (all third party) took a hit after the drop tower tragedy, this isn't going to help matters.

I can't even imagine how it hit the restaurants/bars on just that one night -- 12/31 is a pretty big night for those types of establishments.

That looks like a power line arcing with the steel part of the wheel. My guess is the insulation on the wire is gone in that section and it touched the metal causing the arc you see and tripping the main feed.

I think the problem with a lot of smaller venues is also that they are more lax on maintenance. At Uni we don't just have an army of techs during the day, but there is also a third shift doing overnight maintenance. Universal is constantly busy maintaining their rides, it is really incredible!