Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 164 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just hope they know what they're doing with this "original score" from fallout boy's lead singer. If its not a good song or whatever, combined with dampened roar this will be a
L
_____

I just hope they know what they're doing with this "original score" from fallout boy's lead singer. If its not a good song or whatever, combined with dampened roar this will be a
L
_____

...L _____? What the hell does that even mean?

Personally, roar or not roar; I think it all depends on how is the coaster itself. The roar, and soundtrack are at some points; minor things compared to how smooth and how enjoyable the coaster feels. And while yes, the soundtrack will have a part in it, it all depends on how smooth it is to me.

Because that could be what would make a coaster that'd you want to ride multiple times, and a coaster that hurts your head at many points.

A Rollercoaster will be a loss due to not making noise and an iffy song? Yeah that's a little much.

In a way, I think that its more of nit-picking.

I do have excitement for what the soundtrack will be like, but that shouldn't be the main thing that people can be excited about. How about being excited about the ride not being as bad as it was hearing to of been prior to the original's closure? That I can get behind.

I've heard the lyrics of the new Wes Borland's Hulk Coaster song. Can't remember all of it but it goes a bit like this: "It's a small roar after all, it's a small roar after all, it's a small roar after all, but who the Fck gives a sht."

Reactions: LHZY and Ryno27
...L _____? What the hell does that even mean?

Personally, roar or not roar; I think it all depends on how is the coaster itself. The roar, and soundtrack are at some points; minor things compared to how smooth and how enjoyable the coaster feels. And while yes, the soundtrack will have a part in it, it all depends on how smooth it is to me.

Because that could be what would make a coaster that'd you want to ride multiple times, and a coaster that hurts your head at many points.
L is for loss, and w is for win. And thanks your opinion.

A Rollercoaster will be a loss due to not making noise and an iffy song? Yeah that's a little much.
If the song sucks and is cheesy, especially when I didn't see a bunch wrong with the coaster in the first place, (not the queue) then yeah it's an L for me. The damn roar has been talked about since close to the beginning of this thread, so obviously it meant a lot to more than just me and the next guy..it made hulk stand alone in that aspect. Taking that away and then adding a cheesy song would be a double hitter. And let's not forget once again that it is a themed coaster not just a coaster, they go with each other. So let the people that really care about it care about it, and let the ones that don't, dont. This is for Alexshow also.

And I'm still going to ride it because I love the unique design and all, but if it doesn't match up to what I loved about the previous version, then I will fell like what a loss.

If the song sucks and is cheesy, especially when I didn't see a bunch wrong with the coaster in the first place, (not the queue) then yeah it's an L for me. The damn roar has been talked about since close to the beginning of this thread, so obviously it meant a lot to more than just me and the next guy..it made hulk stand alone in that aspect. Taking that away and then adding a cheesy song would be a double hitter. And let's not forget once again that it is a themed coaster not just a coaster, they go with each other. So let the people that really care about it care about it, and let the ones that don't, dont. This is for Alexshow also.

And I'm still going to ride it because I love the unique design and all, but if it doesn't match up to what I loved about the previous version, then I will fell like what a loss.

I can respect that.

Reactions: devinp267

I get what you're saying about the roar but I'm getting the impression that you're pre-judging it and you have your mind made up that it's going to suck just because it doesn't roar like it once did. Personally I've never consciously listened to the roar whilst riding, I'm always blown away by where I'm going next.

I get that your passionate about this ride, heck it's probably my favorite coaster too but there could be other benefits that come out of this that we don't know of yet. e.g. With a quieter Hulk and Kong on the way, IOA could be open later in the evening and I'd blooming love to ride this at night...

Reactions: universal_fanatic
I get what you're saying about the roar but I'm getting the impression that you're pre-judging it and you have your mind made up that it's going to suck just because it doesn't roar like it once did. Personally I've never consciously listened to the roar whilst riding, I'm always blown away by where I'm going next.

I get that your passionate about this ride, heck it's probably my favorite coaster too but there could be other benefits that come out of this that we don't know of yet. e.g. With a quieter Hulk and Kong on the way, IOA could be open later in the evening and I'd blooming love to ride this at night...
Oh yes most definitely, I'm not being negative the least bit I'm am very open minded and positive towards these changes because the ride does deserve it. True enough it kind of bothered me that it got quieter when I watched the first vid, but it isn't dead quiet at all I can still hear it a little bit so whatever, it's done. I am much looking forward to the on ride audio because I have never experienced it before, I just really hope it is as exiting as banners voice in the tunnel, that was executed perfectly by whom ever concocted that with the launch. It'll just be losing a lot of character if the song isn't as powerful of an intro as the previous intro was. The guys musical style is nice so I am hoping for equall creativity, and not just the blasting of his song.

The "roar" of Hulk is not unique to only the Hulk.

Kumba...
Nemesis...
Blah blah blah...

Point being: Lot's of coasters make a loud noise when they go by. It's not new.

Have any of the coaster's detractors heard the coaster with your own ears, standing underneath it? In fact, have you been on it yet? If, and when, you accomplish both of those things and still feel that the roar isn't "acceptable" enough to warrant a W then more power to ya. Until then, be patient.

How anyone can get excited to ride a ride that is exactly the same layout is beyond me or in other words a little much.

Opinions on here dont ever get respected.

If the roar is disappointing to someone let it be disappointing to them. If they don't want to ride or they think the ride isn't as good because of that , let it be.

Some people have particular things about coasters that make it personal and unique to them.

The Roar of the Hulk is one. There isn't another coaster that launched and roared like it.

On another note, the queue is moving along.

Reactions: Ryno27
How anyone can get excited to ride a ride that is exactly the same layout is beyond me or in other words a little much.

If the roar is disappointing to someone let it be disappointing to them. If they don't want to ride or they think the ride isn't as good because of that , let it be.

Some people have particular things about coasters that make it personal and unique to them.

The Roar of the Hulk is one. There isn't another coaster that launched and roared like it.

Or they add speakers to replicate the sound without violating noise ordinances. Maybe judging it NOW is premature.

It

The phrase is "couldn't care less" or at least it is here in the UK.

Edit:

This phrase has come up on here a few times and it always bugs me so I went ahead and looked it up, Seems we are both correct :thumbsup:

Word Fact: I Couldn’t Care Less vs. I Could Care Less | Dictionary.com Blog

Couldn't care less is still the correct version in my eyes though :tongue:
For the most part, man is horrible at the logical use and understanding of language. This was the first thing taught when I took Logic 101.

Anyway, as for the roar; I loved and I will miss it, but at the same time I also realize it does not make a real difference. Ironically the last couple of times I went to IOA I every time thought Hulk was testing, but it was the noise of the Dr Doom towers.

Wait, did you just criticize people for hating on someone missing the roar, while you go hating on people excited for the return of Hulk?? :lol: