Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 165 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I stood directly under it today. It sounds exactly half as loud as it used to, to me. It still sounds like Hulk, just a little quieter. And as long as it still roars I'm okay with it, even if it's a little quieter, doesn't mean it's still not iconic. Posting some video soon.

Oh, and the new trains look classy. Supper classy. Classing up the joint over here. I'm impressed.

The "roar" of Hulk is not unique to only the Hulk.

Kumba...
Nemesis...
Blah blah blah...

Point being: Lot's of coasters make a loud noise when they go by. It's not new.

Have any of the coaster's detractors heard the coaster with your own ears, standing underneath it? In fact, have you been on it yet? If, and when, you accomplish both of those things and still feel that the roar isn't "acceptable" enough to warrant a W then more power to ya. Until then, be patient.
First of all no they don't roar like hulk did. Second of all it does not take me being there to see the comments here obviously letting you know it has dampened, obviously it has. And third who the hell do you think you are to tell me what I should or shouldn't do? Maybe you should take your "wanna be fact telling" butt back and read my post because you obviously didn't catch it in its entirety.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Let's all take a step back here and realize we all love the same thing.
My intention was never to say any opinion was wrong but more on saying it will suck based on testing and not riding. I understand people love the roar and will be slightly let down its lowered.

Just have a good weekend and is Kong open for softs yet?

You wouldn't like @devinp267 when he's angry.

:rolleyes: I think I'd be fine.

If you haven't figured it out already, a roar, existent or nah, does not necessitate failure in my mind. We know nothing about the overall ride experience nor do we know if the Hulk's major problems have been resolved...i.e. it's headbanging nature, clunky 90's theming etc...

My basic, apparently uninformed, opinion is this: If I lose a "roar" that I never cared about in the beginning for an intensely upgraded beast of a roller coaster that doesn't give me migraines and allows me to enter into the story seamlessly, I'm a happy man.

If not, then we have bigger problems than the lack of a roar (which most people on here who are complaining have yet to hear it outside of youtube.)

:)

:rolleyes: I think I'd be fine.

If you haven't figured it out already, a roar, existent or nah, does not necessitate failure in my mind. We know nothing about the overall ride experience nor do we know if the Hulk's major problems have been resolved...i.e. it's headbanging nature, clunky 90's theming etc...

My basic, apparently uninformed, opinion is this: If I lose a "roar" that I never cared about in the beginning for an intensely upgraded beast of a roller coaster that doesn't give me migraines and allows me to enter into the story seamlessly, I'm a happy man.

If not, then we have bigger problems than the lack of a roar (which most people on here who are complaining have yet to hear it outside of youtube.)

:)

I think the biggest problem that this refurbishment has produced, is what is the future of MSHI in terms of new rides? Both Hulk and Spider-Man have effectively just been updates. Don't get me wrong, I think Spider-Man is still my favourite ride of all time and the Hulk will probably still be one my favourite coasters but all the work that's been done in MSHI since Storm Force Accelatron opened is updates.

Reactions: devinp267 and USO92
I think the biggest problem that this refurbishment has produced, is what is the future of MSHI in terms of new rides? Both Hulk and Spider-Man have effectively just been updates. Don't get me wrong, I think Spider-Man is still my favourite ride of all time and the Hulk will probably still be one my favourite coasters but all the work that's been done in MSHI since Storm Force Accelatron opened is updates.

I would certainly hope that this means an incredible change is coming. I mean, after Doom and Storm, all that they have is to refurbish the entire land. So basically just the color, cut outs, and the restaraunts. If neither doom or storm are going, all that they need is a new look. I mean, I'm optimistic of the changes happening.

@scott_walker Well it is rumored that doom will go which I do really love to ride every time right after hulk so I'd be sad to see it go, but I'd be kind of interested to see what they could come up with there. That arcade isn't really awesome to me, maybe get rid of that mess. All I all the new look is looking really sharp and up to date.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
@scott_walker Well it is rumored that doom will go which I do really love to ride every time right after hulk so I'd be sad to see it go, but I'd be kind of interested to see what they could come up with there. That arcade isn't really awesome to me, maybe get rid of that mess. All I all the new look is looking really sharp and up to date.
While I enjoy the arcade, I'd take a ride anyday

Reactions: devinp267

I like Doom but I think it could be for the greater good if it went. There is a lot of land in a prime location. I'm not really feeling the arcade either or any arcade in any park. I've always felt like they make any area feel very dated. I don't know how much money they bring in and I'd actually be curious to find out.

If the new styling for Hulk is expanded to the rest of MSHI, it will look great but it would be nothing more than a facelift. I think we all want to see something new and it's beginning to feel a little frustrating as the MCU is probably at it's peak just now.

Yeah, I'm really starting to see they could spend another 5-10yrs in upgrades in Ioa alone (let alone universal) before opening another park.
As of now, it will be exactly that. nother 5-10 yrs of upgrades and new rides and ammenities before a new theme park is constructed. At least 3 years at the very minimum. Still have unused plots and several ways to create additional space where current resort is.

Reactions: devinp267
As of now, it will be exactly that. nother 5-10 yrs of upgrades and new rides and ammenities before a new theme park is constructed. At least 3 years at the very minimum. Still have unused plots and several ways to create additional space where current resort is.

I don't think it would be wise to fill the unused plots before a new park is opened. Both parks need room to expand well after the 3rd gate has opened.

Reactions: AzaJ12345