Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Could the average guest tell the difference?

I'd be happy with an artificial roar. If anything we might end up with something more aggresive,
Well my argument from day one was that the roar just really takes this coaster over the top. But I also stated that if the physical roar was taken away I already know that universal would not disappoint with whatever replaced it. I just don't believe it will be leaving. One thing that peaked my interest was that the inside of the track when disassembled was white and the new is a darker solid color, but that could mean nothing.

It is not clear to me... do they fill the supports at the factory or on site? I have never seen a video of someone filling supports with sand on site before. Anyone know?

So do we know/think if this thing will be as quiet as the HRRR?

It could be that the sound will be lost outside the coaster and the roar will only be heard from the onboard audio?

Anybody have a picture of the Hulk with the tank prop in the backhalf of the ride? Just curious if any outside theming will be coming to the Hulk. (Obviously not that particular tank anymore)
Not sure if I'm recalling this correctly but didn't they put that tank in front of Disaster?

I hated the hulk's roar. You could hear it from across the park and the sound totally ruined the POE overlook area and the awesome music around hulk. The last time I rode this I thought it needed a refurb, some coasters just don't age well. Hulk could give you a concussion it was so rough. I also hope for more outside props. Very curious of what they'll do for the tunnel

These are my predictions for the hulk.
1.) A immersive experience in the que somewhat like Potter.
2.) Different lighting/music/colors
3.) I fell like screens will be used in someway. HHN started incorporating screens in their haunted houses, maybe they will with the Hulk too.
4.) A special effect inside of the tunnel that actually makes you feel like you are turning into the Hulk. Maybe a huge green strobe that hurts your eyes and makes you see green for half a second.
5.) On board audio.
6.) A different ending to the coaster somewhat like The Mummy.
Let me know what you guys think. :)

Reactions: Nico
I love the roar personally. One of the signature sounds of the resort. Walking the path on the Royal Pacific and hearing the Hulk is a good way to get you pumped about the day. Though I can see where people come from how hearing it from different parts of the park takes away from those lands.

I think it will definitely keep the roar but it might be a little quieter if they fill the supports. I just hope the new trains have better restraints instead of the old otsr, maybe even lap bars as the back half of the ride was like getting repeatedly punched in the head.

I don't know if it's just me but I never found the Hulk to be that rough. Granted I haven't been on it since 2013 but even then I thought it was ok, not as smooth as it once was but I don't think it deserves all the hate it's getting.

I don't know if it's just me but I never found the Hulk to be that rough. Granted I haven't been on it since 2013 but even then I thought it was ok, not as smooth as it once was but I don't think it deserves all the hate it's getting.
FAR FAR from roughest in america.... far from being all that rough at all only 2 sections really bugged me but if you held your head back hard enough you were fine lol..

@devinp267 "I don't think it's quieting at all. I've never heard this rumor anywhere else."

Not trying to start rumors just putting what my understanding is after reading 10+ pages on the thread.. that they are quieting the sound of the coaster by filling in the supports etc etc. so that leaves to ask... Hollywood Rip Rock-It Roller coaster is pretty darn quiet.. from the outside but when your on it music is loud cause of speakers after all the post on here i'm lead to believe this is what to expect from the new Hulk in 2016 correct me if i'm wrong please.

It's not too rough. Hulk has (had) nothing on Python at Busch Gardens. That ride was the epitome of a broken neck.

It's not too rough. Hulk has (had) nothing on Python at Busch Gardens. That ride was the epitome of a broken neck.
Lolol..I tell u what... No Florida coaster has tore me up worse than both of the gwazi's at Busch that's for damn sure. Was not sad to see her go

FAR FAR from roughest in america.... far from being all that rough at all only 2 sections really bugged me but if you held your head back hard enough you were fine lol..

@devinp267 "I don't think it's quieting at all. I've never heard this rumor anywhere else."

Not trying to start rumors just putting what my understanding is after reading 10+ pages on the thread.. that they are quieting the sound of the coaster by filling in the supports etc etc. so that leaves to ask... Hollywood Rip Rock-It Roller coaster is pretty darn quiet.. from the outside but when your on it music is loud cause of speakers after all the post on here i'm lead to believe this is what to expect from the new Hulk in 2016 correct me if i'm wrong please.
Well I can assure you nothing because 1st, I've never heard universal state that on board audio was even in the works. This is what I can assure you about hulk returning this summer: hulk will be receiving enhancements to its storyline, ride vehicles, and overall experience.