Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So construction has now gone vertical

2uynes8.jpg

Has any thought been given to the new Hulk including VR Headsets as part of the ride like the old Air/new Galactica ride at alton towers? It would explain a significant increase in the ride train weight and introduce (IMO) an improvement which would justify the upgrade cost and downtime

Galactica

Has any thought been given to the new Hulk including VR Headsets as part of the ride like the old Air/new Galactica ride at alton towers? It would explain a significant increase in the ride train weight and introduce (IMO) an improvement which would justify the upgrade cost and downtime

Galactica
Don't think it would work with all the inversions. On Air/Galaxy it works because the inversions have little effect on the headgear because of the prone position you are in, on a coaster like Hulk there is too much chance the headgear could come lose.

It would be nice if Universal was to consider a VR coaster in the future though.

I wonder if the ties are a different shape to accommodate the fins used for a magnetic launch? That would be a good reason to replace the track since the launch mechanism is changing.

Galactica

I don't think it would add as much weight you'd expect.

If VR was to go any where, I'd like to see it head to Dragon Challenge.

That way it might look like Universal are taking care of all their coasters, it will hide the fact that the coasters are no longer dueling and HP would be a great IP to use.

No, it hasn't, but it would be foolish not to update the launch system to something more reliable and energy efficient.

I don't know how far the current technology that was used has improved over the years with the advances in electric cars. More powerful motors and better electric storage.

I think the view up the launch tunnel and seeing the rows of spinning wheels, is quite iconic.

1999?

When the Hulk was new and smooth?
When my family was at the soft opening with eddie murphy, Rosie O'Donnell and Steven Spielberg in the same park! And you could'nt even get to hulk because everyone was standing watching hulk in awe saying how loud it was:thumbsup:

Reactions: MrRoamer
It is not clear to me... do they fill the supports at the factory or on site? I have never seen a video of someone filling supports with sand on site before. Anyone know?

I've only seen pictures/in person with Intamin coasters before, and that's obviously the support being filled (happened on site). I'd imagine they would be filled on site as well, given how much that would increase the weight for shipping.

I've only seen pictures/in person with Intamin coasters before, and that's obviously the support being filled (happened on site). I'd imagine they would be filled on site as well, given how much that would increase the weight for shipping.

Thanks. I was torn by the weight issue as well, but I didn't know one way or the other. I've gotten the idea that the supports are sealed on both ends, so perhaps that is done on site too, at least the tops.

Thanks. I was torn by the weight issue as well, but I didn't know one way or the other. I've gotten the idea that the supports are sealed on both ends, so perhaps that is done on site too, at least the tops.

With Intamins there are very obvious plugs on the support walls that they remove and put the sand in, as the supports are sealed on both ends as well. I guess I could not be lazy and actually go to IOA and see what I can of the supports and track that are up and see if I notice any obvious plugs. But...nah, I'll let someone else do that. :lol:

EDIT: This picture shows what the plug looks like on Intamin supports.

Last edited:
Not going there today

I was just saying, right now the chances of there being lesser a of the roar is more likely than it having back, due to the hotels of the resort as said complaining about that. That's all i'll say.

With Intamins there are very obvious plugs on the support walls that they remove and put the sand in, as the supports are sealed on both ends as well. I guess I could not be lazy and actually go to IOA and see what I can of the supports and track that are up and see if I notice any obvious plugs. But...nah, I'll let someone else do that. :lol:

EDIT: This picture shows what the plug looks like on Intamin supports.

Fascinating to look. Its going to be interesting to how fast construction of the new track takes, as that's a good question to waiver once they get the supports for the bay side done with.