Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Valravn as of last week has only 3 pieces of track left to fabricate. Mako still has a few more more to go but is expect to be finished by the end of the month and fully shipped to the park. Still was receiving track / supports last week, about 6 trucks came in. Hulk has been in production for only the last 2-3 months after having the other two rides ahead of it, but I do think you are correct on your timeline of March for Hulk with all fabrication.

Also in other news...Hulk went vertical (again)!

12493944_1681486202096991_643137349624583629_o.jpg

Wow, those shipping and fabrication end dates are farther out than I would have expected/was aware of. I was always under the impression the regional parks usually had roughly 80%+ of the ride on site by the time they start putting track up. With everything I saw for Mako between the Discovery Cove and Aquatica storage lots and not having seen any more track/support sightings I guessed that was done with. Ooops! Guess I need to keep a little more in touch with the folks back up in Ohio. :lol:

At the rate they're throwing supports back up they'll be waiting for more track to arrive. I will be very interested to see if they've tweaked any of the transitions or banking.

Across the road from the entrance, yeah.

I don't know if this link will work or not.

Google Maps

Correct!

Is that the guy who used to do the InTheLoop updates?

Correct!

Wow, those shipping and fabrication end dates are farther out than I would have expected/was aware of. I was always under the impression the regional parks usually had roughly 80%+ of the ride on site by the time they start putting track up. With everything I saw for Mako between the Discovery Cove and Aquatica storage lots and not having seen any more track/support sightings I guessed that was done with. Ooops! Guess I need to keep a little more in touch with the folks back up in Ohio. :lol:

At the rate they're throwing supports back up they'll be waiting for more track to arrive. I will be very interested to see if they've tweaked any of the transitions or banking.

Some parks may get more track than others before construction starts of course. However, when space is limited on how much you can store...a lot of rides start with anywhere from 40-60% of the pieces in possession.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I was told flat out that Hulk would be getting brand new track. There was no "but" to the statement, so I would expect that yes, the entire track will be brand new.

Would that include a new launch then?

I'm sure they will have fun getting the track through the tunnel.

I know everyone's been trying to figure out what they're doing with coring the pilings and all. What if all they really wanted was to expose the rebar in the outer section of the piling? Core it to remove the bulk of the concrete, then it's easier to expose the rebar (less cement to chip away)?

Does this mean they might work backward with the track? I want to see if the back half is truly staying the same or changing.

Does this mean they might work backward with the track? I want to see if the back half is truly staying the same or changing.

It looks like it. I'm not holding out any hope for track changes though.

It looks like it will be a couple of weeks until the front gets any track or supports if the footers haven't been set yet.

It sure has been fun watching them on this project. I have learned a bit more watching the footer work, even though I remain a bit perplexed by the engineering calculations and the remaining strength of it all.

Appears that it will have the same layout. But sometime around 2000 B&M changed the track style, especially the area that connects the support to the track. Used to be a ball socket, now it's more of a singular welded piece. I'm assuming it makes the ride smoother.
Fun April Fool's joke is they could've had Vekoma track just to mess with us!