Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
*corrected* If they cannot be found on site, then they could have received permission to store them in the parking lot of one of their nearby warehouses or at Nassal's metal plant in that northern location. I would find it odd for them to place them in a sound stage.
Weren't the Hogwarts Express cars stored in one of the sounds stages.

Who was it that ragged on that Ohio was too busy to build another coaster? How wrong can one be!

Forget who, but I was very consistent in noting that Valravn and Mako were likely entirely fab'd and almost finished shipping (think Mako finished shipments in October, and Valravn likely before). I would guess they're probably halfway through fabricating the pieces (very conservative guess based on how many pieces have shipped out that I'm aware of) and are shipping them out as they finish painting them. A rough guess for completed delivery would be...2nd week of March, and that's probably allowing too much time for winter to catch up to Ohio and any other delays. Allow another month for construction of the track/supports, and a month for additional interior/exterior work, and two weeks of final test & adjust plus training. That takes us up to, what, late June/1st week or two of July? They'll probably want this open before the July 4th rush, but optimistic is ready by May, IMO. Realistic/most likely is start of June. I forget, what are we looking at for Kong?

Weren't the Hogwarts Express cars stored in one of the sounds stages.

Perhaps. I would think that would have been for finish theming. It appears that the Kong vehicles are being themed in the maintenance bay of the same show building. But I do not know this as a fact.

They were stored in the parking lot just west of the soundstages. I'm sure most of the theming was finished upon arrival but there was work done by technicians and the like while they were stored there.

I'm sure it's much, much easier to just lay the track down in an open field and cover it up with some tarp!

They were stored in the parking lot just west of the soundstages. I'm sure most of the theming was finished upon arrival but there was work done by technicians and the like while they were stored there.

I'm sure it's much, much easier to just lay the track down in an open field and cover it up with some tarp!

Indeed, I remember seeing them there while riding HRRR.

Forget who, but I was very consistent in noting that Valravn and Mako were likely entirely fab'd and almost finished shipping (think Mako finished shipments in October, and Valravn likely before). I would guess they're probably halfway through fabricating the pieces (very conservative guess based on how many pieces have shipped out that I'm aware of) and are shipping them out as they finish painting them. A rough guess for completed delivery would be...2nd week of March, and that's probably allowing too much time for winter to catch up to Ohio and any other delays. Allow another month for construction of the track/supports, and a month for additional interior/exterior work, and two weeks of final test & adjust plus training. That takes us up to, what, late June/1st week or two of July? They'll probably want this open before the July 4th rush, but optimistic is ready by May, IMO. Realistic/most likely is start of June. I forget, what are we looking at for Kong?

Valravn as of last week has only 3 pieces of track left to fabricate. Mako still has a few more more to go but is expect to be finished by the end of the month and fully shipped to the park. Still was receiving track / supports last week, about 6 trucks came in. Hulk has been in production for only the last 2-3 months after having the other two rides ahead of it, but I do think you are correct on your timeline of March for Hulk with all fabrication.

Also in other news...Hulk went vertical (again)!

12493944_1681486202096991_643137349624583629_o.jpg

Hulk will surely pull in a ton of locals when it's completed. The Kong/Hulk/ Sapphire triumvirate is going to make a nice attendance splash for mid to end 2016.

Valravn as of last week has only 3 pieces of track left to fabricate. Mako still has a few more more to go but is expect to be finished by the end of the month and fully shipped to the park. Still was receiving track / supports last week, about 6 trucks came in. Hulk has been in production for only the last 2-3 months after having the other two rides ahead of it, but I do think you are correct on your timeline of March for Hulk with all fabrication.

How are they gaining access to get this angle or is this from Hollywood Way and zoomed in?

Is that the guy who used to do the InTheLoop updates?

I had a dream where I had a complete experience of the new hulk, queue and all. I hated it. I'm terrified my dream my become reality if the track that arrives is all rusty. It was like a weird wild west version of the hulk, no dark ride section or LED lights. Even worse, it was in the middle of some dusty landscape off a highway in the Midwest. This was a dream/nightmare, by the way.

I had a dream where I had a complete experience of the new hulk, queue and all. I hated it. I'm terrified my dream my become reality if the track that arrives is all rusty. It was like a weird wild west version of the hulk, no dark ride section or LED lights. Even worse, it was in the middle of some dusty landscape off a highway in the Midwest. This was a dream/nightmare, by the way.
Sounds like you had a classic "Six Flags Park Nightmare". :yikes: