Insidious: The Further (HHN 33) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Insidious: The Further (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Very cool description:

"As guests make their way through the haunted house, they’ll go from red door to red door – traveling deeper into a dark and timeless astral world"

... also sounds like many guests will be happy to see the Exit Door
This is gonna give the house a good psychological horror element I'd imagine. You'll never know which Red Door is truly the end of the house until you actually reach it.

Heard there has been a lot of dials to Emergency and 911 about issues with guests regarding the house.

Do you think this means we could see some changes to make this house more soft?

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
“Apparently” people were coming out having a hard time breathing and were hyperventilating,and other issues. I wasn’t told anything more specific.
If this is true, then respectfully: I don't think you should be coming to the event if you have such a large reaction from what the event is about: A haunted house that genuinely scares you.

I’ve seen some differing perspectives on this so happy to hear those out, but in my view this is truly one of the creepiest houses they have executed in a good while.

Don’t adore the movies like some, but I have fun turning my thinking cap off and enjoying them for what they are (at least the first 3 lol). They were able to capture the Further perfectly imo.

What exactly about this house is making everyone say it's so effective? Just asking as someone who is only able to watch POVs online. It looks creepy but I'm curious why everyone thinks this one in particular is so scary. I've never seen the movies FWIW.

Last edited:
What exactly about this house is making everyone say it's so effective? Just asking as someone who is only able to watch POVs online. It looks creepy but I'm curious why everyone thinks this one in particular is so scary. I've never seen then movies FWIW.
To me a scare isn't effective if someone pops out from the other side of a room. This house feels like a tent house in that it's compact in its design, combined with being in a soundstage makes thos house feel super long. This compact design puts most of the scares within a foot or two of you which give that startle of coming out of nowhere and the unsettling nature of your personal space being violated. Also this must be staffed with some hhn veterans because a lot of them do great work with double scares and scaring off trigger. Also a lot of the actors have 2 or more boo holes so this makes it feel like there are more actors inside which gives that unrelenting feel. It all just comes together to put you on edge and provides very effective scares.