Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I see IG has the undressing characteristics as SV lol
I about lost my shirt on SV and I will gladly surrender it to IG

Also, I've seen several times that this is more re-ridable than many RMC...and THAT is what truly excites me most about this

Riding SV 15 times may require surgery after

Also, as far as the Velocicoaster thing...BGT needed a top 5 aggressive as hell coaster again, I hope it pushes them to continue down this road

Last edited:
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
From the POV it looks like unlike Veloci, IG spends far more time trying to throw you out. I'm really interested in riding it myself at some point but is that one of the things that makes it jump so highly to the top of the list between the two? I guess another way to put it: it seems like IG's entire thing after the lift hill is sort of like the last portion of VC, just stretched out over the entire coaster rather than as a finisher (not 1:1 but I think you know what I mean).

Reactions: shiekra38
From the POV it looks like unlike Veloci, IG spends far more time trying to throw you out. I'm really interested in riding it myself at some point but is that one of the things that makes it jump so highly to the top of the list between the two? I guess another way to put it: it seems like IG's entire thing after the lift hill is sort of like the last portion of VC, just stretched out over the entire coaster rather than as a finisher (not 1:1 but I think you know what I mean).
That's a very interesting thought

I've heard the death roll on this is basically the mosasaurs roll but a hundred feet in the air, spiraling you toward the ground, and at the apex of an air time hill lol

RMCs certainly hit different

I feel like some Intamins give RMC a run for their money

However, RMC's are still by far my favorite

For sure!

Personally, I was a little let down with Velocicoaster because the hype made it seem like it was gonna be the best thing ever while it doesn't top my favorites at Magic Mountain down the highway from me. Not that it's bad, but besides the roll and the drop (in back row), I wasn't feeling much.

Reactions: @gentPerry
Velocicoaster will always have the theming advantage over IG, but the actual ride on IG could easily be superior.

This is why all of people's coaster rankings are so subjective. How do you compare a highly themed ride experience (but a mediocre coaster) to a great coaster with minimal or no theme elements. Not that I'm saying Velocicoaster is mediocre, but when you look objectively at rides like Big Thunder or Everest (which are mediocre to pretty lousy but well themed) how do you compare them?

I think for most of the general public Velocicoaster would win against IG in a head to head competition, but for coaster fans IG would be the choice.

Velocicoaster will always have the theming advantage over IG, but the actual ride on IG could easily be superior.

This is why all of people's coaster rankings are so subjective. How do you compare a highly themed ride experience (but a mediocre coaster) to a great coaster with minimal or no theme elements. Not that I'm saying Velocicoaster is mediocre, but when you look objectively at rides like Big Thunder or Everest (which are mediocre to pretty lousy but well themed) how do you compare them?

I think for most of the general public Velocicoaster would win against IG in a head to head competition, but for coaster fans IG would be the choice.
I think it's quite easy to compare and contrast as they share a lot of elements

The theming, of course, enters Veloci into a whole new level

I've been going to Florida many times, but I haven't hit up Busch Gardens since 2004....when I was 11 years old. I think I might be overdue for a trip (Hopefully) this Fall. I've always been stuck in Orlando since it's always a little bit out of the way.

The reviews I'm hearing sound about right: Slightly better than VelociCoaster for many but Steel Vengeance still has the slight edge. Man, central Floridians are very lucky to have two (Three if you count Mako) top-10 tier coasters in their backyard. All they need is a Giga and they will have the infinity gauntlet of world-class coasters.

If someone here has ridden IG, can you please give me some info about the test seat and how the actual ride seats fit a rider?
I am bigger (6'1 280ibs) so I think I may have to starve myself in order to ride, lol.

If someone here has ridden IG, can you please give me some info about the test seat and how the actual ride seats fit a rider?
I am bigger (6'1 280ibs) so I think I may have to starve myself in order to ride, lol.
For what it’s worth, I’m 6’0, 235-ish pounds, and I’ve got fairly comfortably on many RMCs, which have very similar seating. Twisted Colossus, Lightning Rod, Goliath are the more recent ones I’ve been on.

Reactions: krazyhorrorkid