Iron Man Coming to Disneyland? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Man Coming to Disneyland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Another Screamscape update:

2013/2014 - Marvel Comics Attraction / Avengers / Stark Expo - Rumor - (7/1/11) Following up on a previous rumor we had last month, the Disney & More Blog now also believes that the Innoventions building may soon make way for the Stark Expo… as in Tony Stark… aka: Iron Man. So if this is still in the works, the question now is “When”? Disney isn’t one to waste a film series tie-in… so would they opt to open this as a tie in to the Avengers movie (May 4, 2012) or Iron Man 3 (May 3,2 013)? I’m inclined to think that Disney may have enough on their plate for 2012 already at California Adventure, but you never know. Plus, without knowing the scope of the attraction (it could just be a Marvel Character Meet ‘n Greet after all) it’s hard to really say much of anything just yet.

TBH I don't know about this, it may work but it may not. A lot of people in the public see Magic Kingdom/or Disney as a kids park mostly a girls brand. I just have reservations on the whole marvel and disney, as long as DC never gets brought by Disney as well I'm fine, I would cry if I ever saw an Arkham Asylum in Disney :lol:

Hence the push of Pirates during the early 2000's and the purchase of Marvel now. They want to make a strong push to capture the Boy demographic.

I understand that business decision, but in my opinion when I was a kid due to my ignorance as a child if I knew Marvel was brought by Disney it would put me off the brand a lot. But it isn't going to hurt Disney only marvel really. At the end of the day I don't mind if marvel goes to a Disney park, I just don't want to see it at Disney Orlando, just due to IOA - unless UOR got rid of Marvel, which is unlikely.

I really want to see a Stark Expo. Innoventions at Disneyland is a joke. I think it could really fit in with the theme of Tomorrowland, more than Innoventions at least.

conceptartfrommarvelsma.jpg

.​

After getting Star Tours in their Tomorrowland. I think DL's Tomorrowland is going to settle for a little while while other things go on. To even make a Stark 3D show to replace EO as the theater venue would cost a lot to produce and only be able to use on that coast of the United States since there are rules for Orlando and Marvel's theme park attraction presence. Disney, nor theme parks in general are the type to have a 3D film only showing in one original location. They like to get their money's worth out of it.

Hahahaha. Disney would never give an entire land to a shared property like the current Iron Man films to an entire area like Tomorrowland.

I really don't want to see Marvel in Disney parks. The advertising/merch is already grating my nerves.

After getting Star Tours in their Tomorrowland. I think DL's Tomorrowland is going to settle for a little while while other things go on. To even make a Stark 3D show to replace EO as the theater venue would cost a lot to produce and only be able to use on that coast of the United States since there are rules for Orlando and Marvel's theme park attraction presence. Disney, nor theme parks in general are the type to have a 3D film only showing in one original location. They like to get their money's worth out of it.

That's true, and a shame, because I hate EO :lol:. And I think a 3D show with Tony Stark could be pretty epic.

In Disneyland I wouldn't mind seeing EO go for Iron Man. Just leave it alone in EPCOT. It is one of my favorite 3-D shows and I do not want to see it leave anytime soon.

EO won't go if any marvel property is going in. EO is TINY. Innoventions is a gargantuan waste of space. Also, the Rocket Rods/Peoplemover track is left completely unused as well. They will address those before gutting the EO theater.