Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Islands of Adventure 25th Anniversary

I think this might have been true for the 20th but Universal have definitely started to tap into the nostalgia market.

The tribute stores if anything have shown Universal how much interest there is.

At 25 years old, there’s a generation of people who visited as kids taking their own kids now.
I mean even though it would be in USF, a tribute store for IOA would be cool. (not that there's really much that was taken away from IOA that would be worth putting into a tribute store lmao)

My find is failing me now, but there's a small outdoor covered shop in PoE (Ocean Traders?) that could house IOA-themed merchandise.

Has anyone here ever bought (or seen) people buy clothing from that store? You would think it would have been replaced with generic Universal merchandise by now lol

My find is failing me now, but there's a small outdoor covered shop in PoE (Ocean Traders?) that could house IOA-themed merchandise.

Has anyone here ever bought (or seen) people buy clothing from that store? You would think it would have been replaced with generic Universal merchandise by now lol
The one that sells the tropical shirts? I've never seen anything bought there

Ocean Traders Market does big business in the mornings selling comfortable clothes to people who somehow didn't know what to wear to a theme park with 90+ degree heat and 96% humidity. We had the same clothes for sale when I worked at SeaWorld and sold lots of light sun dresses, tops, flip flops, etc. to people who realized what they were wearing was uncomfortable or got wet or whatever and they needed a change of clothes. That and surf brands sell really well in theme parks.

Ocean Traders Market does big business in the mornings selling comfortable clothes to people who somehow didn't know what to wear to a theme park with 90+ degree heat and 96% humidity. We had the same clothes for sale when I worked at SeaWorld and sold lots of light sun dresses, tops, flip flops, etc. to people who realized what they were wearing was uncomfortable or got wet or whatever and they needed a change of clothes. That and surf brands sell really well in theme parks.

I don't have any insight into sales, but I rarely see people shopping in that store. I definitely see people buying stuff at that cart by the Popeye exit, but not here.

I just think selling some sort of IP-themed merchandise would draw higher revenues than the clothing/hats they sell there.

This may be an unpopular opinion, BUT, from what we know, at this point in time, of the coming Epic Park rides, I think IOA will remain the better ride park. And, that's even with an entire land (Lost Continent) , for all intents and purposes, shut down. Of course, that's setting aside any maintenance issues that existing rides have that need corrected. The one area where IOA is lacking is the absence of any meaningful entertainment, short of the minimal Potter shows. Universal has been on top of their game with IOA rides at park opening, and the rides added since then. Kudos to a few generation of Creatives.

This may be an unpopular opinion, BUT, from what we know, at this point in time, of the coming Epic Park rides, I think IOA will remain the better ride park.
It would take a lot to dethrone IOA as my favorite Universal park.

If Donkey Kong, the Monsters dark ride, and the Ministry dark ride are all unequivocal knock-outs, and if the atmosphere is as strong as I'm hoping, maybe that could put Epic in contention, but I'll have to see.

I think it will be close between IoA and EU, but I think EU will have the edge on theme with IoA getting the edge on attractions.

LET’S GOOOOOO

Hopefully updated with some more tracks!
It's probably going to end up being the soundtrack or something along those lines but I dont understand why they're teasing it this way like it's a HUGE deal. They're setting people up to be really disappointed if it's not like land/ride related since more than half the people commenting on that tweet are expecting something like that.

Season 5 Idk GIF by Paramount+

It's probably going to end up being the soundtrack or something along those lines but I dont understand why they're teasing it this way like it's a HUGE deal. They're setting people up to be really disappointed if it's not like land/ride related since more than half the people commenting on that tweet are expecting something like that.

Season 5 Idk GIF by Paramount+
I don’t think they’re really treating it as a huge deal? It’s literally just one tweet with a picture of the soundtrack cover and a date.

I don’t think they’re really treating it as a huge deal? It’s literally just one tweet with a picture of the soundtrack cover and a date.
Them being very vague and just putting a date are making it seem like they're announcing something "big". A lot of people are taking it that way at least. Like why be this vague if it's just music related?

Edit: also just wanted to add, most people don't even know that picture they posted is the cover of the soundtrack... I didn't either till I reverse-searched the image and it popped up.

Don't see how anybody who would recognize this art would see it as anything other than the album releasing on Spotify.
Them being very vague and just putting a date are making it seem like they're announcing something "big". A lot of people are taking it that way at least. Like why be this vague if it's just music related?
Major corporations have determined that the greatest joy a person can derive is when they see something and can do thismaxresdefault.jpg.

Don't see how anybody who would recognize this art would see it as anything other than the album releasing on Spotify.

Absolutely. Anyone who is hyping this up to be a new land, a new ride, a new show, the new logo being used to replace the old one on the lighthouse (all things people are saying in response to the tweet) is doing it to themselves. They posted the artwork to the soundtrack with the date. We know what it means.