Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 552 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's the argument: Theming does not a good coaster make.

A "good coaster" stands without theming. Would Big Thunder be a good coaster if it wasn't themed? What about Everest? As mediocre as rides like Barnstormer are, they're coasters that stand alone. That's why something like Slinky can be argued as one of the best coasters at Disney; it doesn't lean on set-dressings.
And Big Thunder doesn’t lean on “gotta go fast, high, upside down, and possibly make some people sick.” See how easy this is to flip? :)

Btw yes I think Big Thunder is more fun than Barn Stormer and Slinky even without the theming.

And Big Thunder doesn’t lean on “gotta go fast, high, upside down, and possibly make some people sick.” See how easy this is to flip? :)
Hippogriff is a better coaster than Big Thunder. If all your looking for is to get thrown around, the Tea Cups are a more worthwhile experience.

I assure you, if there was nothing to look at on Big Thunder, its layout of "S turn, chain lift, S-turn chain lift, S-turn, chain lift, S-turn, brakes" would disappoint the hell out of people.

Hippogriff is a better coaster than Big Thunder. If all your looking for is to get thrown around, the Tea Cups are a more worthwhile experience.

I assure you, if there was nothing to look at on Big Thunder, its layout of "S turn, chain lift, S-turn chain lift, S-turn, chain lift, S-turn, brakes" would disappoint the hell out of people.
giphy.gif

I just looked up mako on youtube and I understand now why people want this coaster so bad. If that is the best thrill coaster you have in Orlando, ya'll really do need more thrill coasters in that city. I think the great white coaster in seaworld San Antonio looks more thrilling then that.

Do you think the end scene of this roller coaster will be screens? I personally would be totally ok with the use of screens here.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
I just looked up mako on youtube and I understand now why people want this coaster so bad. If that is the best thrill coaster you have in Orlando, ya'll really do need more thrill coasters in that city. I think the great white coaster in seaworld San Antonio looks more thrilling then that.

Do you think the end scene of this roller coaster will be screens?
Great White is a Batman clone, and there isn't a chance it's more exciting than Mako. I did Batman at SFGA, and while it was fun, you cannot compare a small inverted coaster with a hyper coaster. Apples and oranges there.

Do you think the end scene of this roller coaster will be screens? I personally would be totally ok with the use of screens here.

Mako is legit good. Lots of airtime and fun.

Great White is a Batman clone, and there isn't a chance it's more exciting than Mako. I did Batman at SFGA, and while it was fun, you cannot compare a small inverted coaster with a hyper coaster. Apples and oranges there.

You are probably right. I'm sure Mako is fun. it was an exaggeration. I was just using it as an example that Mako doesn't seem like much. Hypercoasters are fun but rather be inverted multiple times then going really fast.

What you don't get from YouTube is the insane amount of air time on Mako. While not an "extreme" coaster, it is one of the most fun coasters I have ever ridden. The first big air time hill after the drop gives a full 6 seconds of negative Gs.

What you don't get from YouTube is the insane amount of air time on Mako. While not an "extreme" coaster, it is one of the most fun coasters I have ever ridden. The first big air time hill after the drop gives a full 6 seconds of negative Gs.
And back row on Mako when you're exiting the lift hill is worth the gate price alone. Basically rips you over the edge. I wonder how much more intense the 8th row would've been had they put the normal hyper coaster number of seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.