Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 550 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best, pure "coaster" at Disney is Rockin' Roller Coaster.

There is little in any of the other coasters that a "coaster enthusiast" would clamor for.
RnRC is just an off-the-shelf coaster stuck in a box. And after the launch it brakes too much.

Reactions: tielo
Not sure why the discussion seems to be thrills vs theming here, I think both can coexist quite well.

For people who seem lost on why people are let down by this new ride: it's not the ride itself. It's the fact that it's the last hurrah for the Jurassic section of the park, and people wanted something next level from that universe in terms of innovation, theming, and authenticity. They want a real Jurassic Park/World experience, that can wow whether you're on a ride, or taking in the scenery in a magical way only parks like Universal and Disney can deliver.

This ride is probably going to be a lot of fun, but it's not the overall themed 'experience' and world deep dive people have come to love from these parks. If Jurassic wasn't stuck between Kong and Potter with no expansion room, and no plans for Fantastic Worlds, I think people would be a lot more excited.

Jurassic Park is an incredible film, with a huge world built with each successful sequel - plus.... DINOSAURS. It's Universals largest franchise, so it's just a bit odd seeing it get a more 'simple' approach to expansion.

but hey - who knows - maybe this isn't the end for Jurassic at the parks stateside - I know insiders have said it basically is (minus a River Adventure redux with some World retheming to come), but maybe there are larger plans at play, and everyone will be happy.

All I'm saying, is this ride could provide more than just fast coaster thrills - it could be a star attraction with some clever eye catching theming, at least on a superficial level (think Everest).

The thing is we get that, but there's a time to get over it. Universal needs a good mix of experiences. It just so happens this is a good spot for a coaster that's out of the way of the main land and has space to get up to speed. There's only so many times you can have a ride that's a dino tour where everything goes wrong, and that number is 1. So it is thrills and theming coexisting in Jurassic Park.

And still it's not that this coaster is unthemed. Rather it is a showy coaster, but with more theming than Hulk and Dragons. That may not be your thing but it does add to the appeal to the park for others. There's not enough space here for something like Everest, and to get something much more thrilling it would take a monstrous mountain to contain. They'll focus the theming where it counts, but not so much where you're going 75mph.

And only one of them is any good
Lost World is an incredibly well-made movie that died in the editing bay. Jurassic World is a total popcorn flick, and definitely doesn't deserve the hate it gets. Fallen Kingdom is kind of an odd story that definitely seems like a two hour intro for a much better finale movie.

Reactions: belloq87 and HPFred
Not sure why the discussion seems to be thrills vs theming here, I think both can coexist quite well.

For people who seem lost on why people are let down by this new ride: it's not the ride itself. It's the fact that it's the last hurrah for the Jurassic section of the park, and people wanted something next level from that universe in terms of innovation, theming, and authenticity. They want a real Jurassic Park/World experience, that can wow whether you're on a ride, or taking in the scenery in a magical way only parks like Universal and Disney can deliver.

This ride is probably going to be a lot of fun, but it's not the overall themed 'experience' and world deep dive people have come to love from these parks. If Jurassic wasn't stuck between Kong and Potter with no expansion room, and no plans for Fantastic Worlds, I think people would be a lot more excited.

Jurassic Park is an incredible film, with a huge world built with each successful sequel - plus.... DINOSAURS. It's Universals largest franchise, so it's just a bit odd seeing it get a more 'simple' approach to expansion.

but hey - who knows - maybe this isn't the end for Jurassic at the parks stateside - I know insiders have said it basically is (minus a River Adventure redux with some World retheming to come), but maybe there are larger plans at play, and everyone will be happy.

All I'm saying, is this ride could provide more than just fast coaster thrills - it could be a star attraction with some clever eye catching theming, at least on a superficial level (think Everest).
Huh ??? Your whole post comes off very personal and seems like these are your issses with the coaster. A lot of people on this thread are excited for it and only problem was really themeing and the location of it. However you do make some valid points and I’m hoping the entire JP land is refreshed eventually.

This. Major problem for the park in my opinion(and that's a lot for a coaster nut to admit).

Some of my fondest IOA memories were riding Dragons and Hulk in the rain before they got scared and started shutting them down. Did I miss something? Was a coaster struck by lightning somewhere and I missed it?
Doesn’t everything still run if it’s only rain? I think it’s just common for Orlando that rain is almost always accompanied by lightning. At least it seems like it when I’m there.

Reactions: Andysol
Doesn’t everything still run if it’s only rain? I think it’s just common for Orlando that rain is almost always accompanied by lightning. At least it seems like it when I’m there.
I've lived in FL my whole life, and Orlando for 6 years. There's so many times(especially in the early part of the year) where it's frequently rainy without lightning. It's a waste of a day when it's drizzling and they have the coasters and water rides shut down because of it. I battle it all the time between SeaWorld and Uni. I can only imagine how frustrating it can be for people that don't come here often.

I've lived in FL my whole life, and Orlando for 6 years. There's so many times(especially in the early part of the year) where it's frequently rainy without lightning. It's a waste of a day when it's drizzling and they have the coasters and water rides shut down because of it. I battle it all the time between SeaWorld and Uni. I can only imagine how frustrating it can be for people that don't come here often.
I've ridden the Hulk in the rain (not the most pleasant experience). But if there is lightning within a 10 mile radius it shuts down.

Status
Not open for further replies.