Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 833 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the latest aerials, the path curbs being constructed indicate large planters in front of those huge concrete walls. Thank god.

Theme Park Insider is conducting a poll on VelociCoaster vs. Tron for 2021. Last I looked, Velocicoaster was leading.

That's not really a fair contest. While there's certainly going to be overlap, these attractions are aimed at somewhat different groups of guests.

It's really just a proxy for the (seemingly neverending) "Universal vs. Disney" debate.

I’ve never noticed the windows in the station overlooking the spaghetti bowl.

@Alicia do you know if the final launch will have a roof covering?
I think that’s as much roof as that second launch is getting, just the criss cross beams. And the window appears partly inspired by the style of look out from the Indominus paddock in JW, at least the style anyway.

That's not really a fair contest. While there's certainly going to be overlap, these attractions are aimed at somewhat different groups of guests.

It's really just a proxy for the (seemingly neverending) "Universal vs. Disney" debate.

Yeah, VC vs. IG would be better. While I'm sure GotG and Tron will be quality additions, I'm just far more excited about the former two.

It's going to be weird how they route guests to the attraction, nearly every IOA attraction is located off a central, circular midway around the park - except this one. Will they have supplemental signage to direct guests to the waterfront? Focus on the new bypass bridge? Use the Discovery Center?

It's going to be weird how they route guests to the attraction, nearly every IOA attraction is located off a central, circular midway around the park - except this one. Will they have supplemental signage to direct guests to the waterfront? Focus on the new bypass bridge? Use the Discovery Center?
At least it can be seen from the major walkways so people know it is there and will seek out how to get on it. Unlike the Rat ride at Epcot. Which I think a lot of folks are going to miss because of it's location.

I was also thinking about this. It joins Popeye as the only major attraction in which you must depart the park's central, circular artery to access and instead move inward toward the lagoon. With Popeye, the marquee is visible from the main path, and you've got The Olive anchoring it.

My guess is there will be prominent signage at that junction near the Discovery Center

Reactions: Coasted
I was also thinking about this. It joins Popeye as the only major attraction in which you must depart the park's central, circular artery to access and instead move inward toward the lagoon. With Popeye, the marquee is visible from the main path, and you've got The Olive anchoring it.

My guess is there will be prominent signage at that junction near the Discovery Center

What's unique is the majority of the coaster when people "get to it" will be far away from the entrance. Sure the weenie of the top hat draws them to the back of the park but once there and "find" the coaster it might be hard to get to. I wonder if eventually, they open up the backstage area between the coaster and DC as an "entrance".

Reactions: shiekra38
Popeye, Sindbad and now this I guess. Not everything is directly along the main path. I think the bypass bridge may be a new direct route as well, perhaps with signage pointing the way to “Jurassic World VelociCoaster” instead of saying Jurassic Park.

Reactions: maroonmol and Clive
Popeye, Sindbad and now this I guess. Not everything is directly along the main path. I think the bypass bridge may be a new direct route as well, perhaps with signage pointing the way to “Jurassic World VelociCoaster” instead of saying Jurassic Park.

Each of those though are fully off the path so more signs help. This butts right up to the main midway as a tease but the entrance is in a weird place.

Not that it’s a HUGE issue it just goes against typical theme park design.

From someone who’s been on the Shanghai Tron, it won’t take much for this to be better. What universal needs to be preparing for is Guardians of the Galaxy, which is purported to be incredible.
Guardians is impressive for completely different reasons. I don't expect anyone to hate it (thematic placement aside), but some will love it while others will be whelmed.
I'd be shocked if VelociCoaster didn't make the bridge open 365, 7 days a week. In fact, I could see it effectively being the way in and out of the coaster plaza. With large opening crowds, I could see it being the only entrance and exit actually.
Each of those though are fully off the path so more signs help. This butts right up to the main midway as a tease but the entrance is in a weird place.

Not that it’s a HUGE issue it just goes against typical theme park design.
The entrance is in a weird place, but to me it is 100% a necessary evil.The stretch from JPRA to DC is always congested, even before this project. The last thing they needed was another reason to put crowds there, so instead they are utilizing the previously empty (but gorgeous) waterfront area.

While I was at IOA on Thursday and Friday last week I stood over by me ship and tried to get a good look at the exit of launch 2. There's definitely something that is clearly being worked on at the inside wall area of the tunnel. Can't say with any certainty what exactly I was looking at, but it kinda looks like windows as viewed from the inside of the tunnel. If I were speculating, I'd say there's a possibility of some sort of effects that will follow the train to the end of the tunnel. But it's purely just a guess. Could also just be for lighting. If anyone knows more and could elaborate, please feel free.

What's the company's reputation on fat seats (I'm fat, I can say it)? For reference, I manage the motorcycle side of Hagrids either comfortably or on a plea bargain, depending on where I ak in my run training.

While I was at IOA on Thursday and Friday last week I stood over by me ship and tried to get a good look at the exit of launch 2. There's definitely something that is clearly being worked on at the inside wall area of the tunnel. Can't say with any certainty what exactly I was looking at, but it kinda looks like windows as viewed from the inside of the tunnel. If I were speculating, I'd say there's a possibility of some sort of effects that will follow the train to the end of the tunnel. But it's purely just a guess. Could also just be for lighting. If anyone knows more and could elaborate, please feel free.
I think it’s possible that there’s going to be a window from the first part of the indoor queue looking into the second launch. A little sneak preview while you wait in line.

Reactions: TheWalkingDad
Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like it’s par the course for the entire land. Jurassic Park was always the least straight-forward land for me. It always seemed super easy to miss the smaller attractions (Camp Jurassic, the old Raptor Encounter) unless you were looking for them.

The last time I went (granted, construction walls back in November), JPRA was honestly a little buried. Maybe I just never got a proper lay of the land.

Reactions: Coasted
On top of the orange part of the building with the watchtower, there are 3, possibly 4, shipping crates. I wonder if those are the super bright lights shooting into the sky behind the top hat in the night concept art?

20201005-081828-2.jpg

nAkKbNmXJx__GkESLsioXjIwnTqiabXC55XG1NAOGbZafXYJp6BbQ6Gf3NG2t8RlqoAaQISIGmGK4xJz6NzEF48m2bR_z4v5IPHDShkDQ0iFJZAJoNpkvaA3rpY1g8F3kYQJCt3aiOgBm5lh9jJz00jbCB8NEgWyCZHEmgfECZC21Tk_M__Gr5Hf90uFD75D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.