Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given what happened with the T-Rex, we can assume that's not coming back anywhere else. Bummer.
Do we know for sure what happened to the T-Rex, though? I know there were rumors it was accidentally irreparably damaged while trying to remove it but I don’t remember ever hearing confirmation. I was holding out hope they could fix it and it could return someday. That’s been at the resort since shortly after the first film came out in theaters back in ‘93! It would be so sad for that to be the end of its story.

EDIT: I just saw Alicia’s earlier comment about the demise being greatly exaggerated. Phew.

Last edited:
Probably will look different without the construction lighting, but looks practical, yet very moody. Entrance looks like the quantumn tunnel from Ant-Man.

So, were animatronics in the queue a false rumor or a COVID-era cut?

Probably will look different without the construction lighting, but looks practical, yet very moody. Entrance looks like the quantumn tunnel from Ant-Man.

I definitely don’t think it was a false rumor. Could either have been cut or that’s the part they’re still working on? But it was for sure in the works at some point if it’s not anymore.

Not cut. (As far as I am aware).

Last edited:

The figures planned for the queue aren’t really fully fledged animatronics, to begin with. Only thing that appears to be cut was the Raptor figure at the ride’s climax, from what I can tell.

Whoever came up with this light package for the ride and it's surrounding did an amazing job. At night it makes the ride a whole other beast. It also makes it a joy to watch for anyone who can't or doesn't want to ride this coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.